Blue Bombers Forum
July 05, 2020, 08:43:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Finnish Football Players to Showcase Their Talent at CFL Combine in Toronto  (Read 1217 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: March 11, 2019, 03:59:04 AM »

Four football players from Finland will be on hand at the Combine in Toronto - March 22 to 24 - to participate with other players from Europe and Canada:

https://www.americanfootballinternational.com/four-players-from-finland-set-to-showcase-skills-at-canadian-football-league-combine/

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Waffler

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 10:48:14 AM »

Combine in Toronto - March 22 to 24 - to participate with other players from Europe and Canada
What happened to CFL week this year? They are working so hard to get a deal with the players they decided to cancel? 

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.  - Omar Khayyam

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 02:55:59 PM »

What happened to CFL week this year? They are working so hard to get a deal with the players they decided to cancel? 

I thought it wasn't happening this year because of the contract agreements (the cflpa recommended the players not do any additional promotional work until they have a contract). That being said, I don't remember where I heard that, so can't quote a source or say it with 100% confidence. I'm sure someone here can confirm or deny it.
Blue In BC

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 03:01:37 PM »

I suppose it will be interesting to see how they do in the combines. That said they need to determine how candidates would be viewed in regard to the CFL ratio. I don't see any way around  having to be classified as imports.

No more excuses.
blue girl

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 05:57:32 PM »

I thought it wasn't happening this year because of the contract agreements (the cflpa recommended the players not do any additional promotional work until they have a contract). That being said, I don't remember where I heard that, so can't quote a source or say it with 100% confidence. I'm sure someone here can confirm or deny it.
I read, I believe it was in The Sun, that it was going to be in Ottawa but that it might be cancelled because there was no contract agreement.
Blue In BC

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 08:41:19 PM »

Looking for big things from Ingmar Gefiltefish and Pickled Herring. Of course they might just end up stinking up the joint.

Smiley Smiley Smiley

No more excuses.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 12:23:50 AM »

Looking for big things from Ingmar Gefiltefish and Pickled Herring. Of course they might just end up stinking up the joint.

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Isn't getiltefish an Israeli food??

Pretty sure I had it at folklarama at the Israeli pavilion.
Blue In BC

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 01:25:09 AM »

Isn't getiltefish an Israeli food??

Pretty sure I had it at folklarama at the Israeli pavilion.

Probably. It's a jewish food. I just threw in any made up names using fish for the LOL

No more excuses.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: