Blue Bombers Forum
September 19, 2019, 03:17:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 Free Agency - Other Team Signings  (Read 40453 times)
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #660 on: May 07, 2019, 07:00:05 PM »

They have Brett Lauther who they like more.

They also signed Jon Ryan, somebody had to go. Bartel is next.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 07:03:08 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
Ridermania

« Reply #661 on: May 07, 2019, 07:08:06 PM »

Jon Ryan has not signed with any CFL team.
blue_or_die

« Reply #662 on: May 07, 2019, 07:10:53 PM »

Jon Ryan has not signed with any CFL team.

Yea, he just worked out, IIRC.
Fred C Dobbs

« Reply #663 on: May 07, 2019, 08:34:46 PM »

DT on S(ports) C(age)
🇨🇦
🏈
‏Verified account @DTonSC

Further to the release of Tyler Crapigna...@brettlauther is coming off the 2nd-best kicking season since 2008. Almost 23 points better than expected last season, what we call Medlock territory.

Check this tweet to see the numbers:

https://twitter.com/DTonSC/status/1125813085481123842

LOL, 'Medlock territory' !

Good advice: "There are a lot of idiots out there posting on forums. But if you ignore them, they will eventually go away."
Ridermania

« Reply #664 on: May 08, 2019, 01:22:09 AM »

Not free agency story, but thought I'd post.

Saskatchewan Roughrider Dan Clark in Saskatoon Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

He was involved in a car accident coming back from a community event.
kkc60

« Reply #665 on: May 08, 2019, 02:35:15 AM »

They also signed Jon Ryan, somebody had to go. Bartel is next.
You sure about that?
TecnoGenius

« Reply #666 on: May 08, 2019, 05:16:11 AM »

Hey. Boss, what are you thinking about Winnipeg? They. Gonna. Cut some. Names?
How about re- signing Dressler?  He's better than anything we have.

We're on the same page, DM83!  If we don't sign a big "real" name by labor day, we should re-sign Dressler.  In fact, we night need him by week 1.

The best part about Dress is we know he'll be on the 6 game at some point, and, if we keep him there for the full 6 for once, we won't take a big SMS hit.

I'd rather have a big name NFL cut or CFL trade, but if KW blows it on that front for real, Dress is still the best option.  I'm still holding out hope... we have the SMS just sitting there...

I would absolutely love to sign Capicotti if it was 2015.

You win the internet for the day!  Well played.
GCn19

« Reply #667 on: May 08, 2019, 12:39:18 PM »

We're on the same page, DM83!  If we don't sign a big "real" name by labor day, we should re-sign Dressler.  In fact, we night need him by week 1.

The best part about Dress is we know he'll be on the 6 game at some point, and, if we keep him there for the full 6 for once, we won't take a big SMS hit.

I'd rather have a big name NFL cut or CFL trade, but if KW blows it on that front for real, Dress is still the best option.  I'm still holding out hope... we have the SMS just sitting there...

You win the internet for the day!  Well played.

One of the biggest reasons we have no re-signed Dressler is because a trip to the 6 game is all but guaranteed. There is nothing good about that.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
theaardvark

« Reply #668 on: May 08, 2019, 02:43:12 PM »

I would absolutely love to sign Capicotti if it was 2015.

Us in 2015, or Cappicotti in 2015?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #669 on: May 08, 2019, 02:43:51 PM »

In what current universe is Dressler better than anything currently on the roster?

If that's the best this team can manage, either now or prior to the Labour Day, that's beyond troubling.

#forthew

You can't fix stupid.
GCn19

« Reply #670 on: May 08, 2019, 03:49:40 PM »

In what current universe is Dressler better than anything currently on the roster?

If that's the best this team can manage, either now or prior to the Labour Day, that's beyond troubling.

Dressler is definitely more proven than anyone trying to replace him, however, whether he is better remains to be seen.

Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #671 on: May 08, 2019, 03:52:44 PM »

Dressler is definitely more proven than anyone trying to replace him, however, whether he is better remains to be seen.

And it's not just Dressler vs the other receivers on the roster. It's Dressler vs the salary demands he's asking for. It's possible after so much football he just values his services higher than what the Bombers or other teams do. I'm of the opinion that he's certainly not worth any significant investment regardless of whatever he's "better" on paper or not.
Blue In BC

« Reply #672 on: May 08, 2019, 04:14:38 PM »

At the end of 2018 I thought Nelson was somewhat of a clone in size and style that might be the leading candidate to take Dressler's spot on the roster.

Of course Nelson only had a 1 game brief appearance. Since then we've looked at many many rookies in mini camps and signed 6 rookie receivers for TC + we have Washington and Lawler also returning from mostly PR in 2018.

Some of the rookies: Stewart, Hazel and Bailey seemed to show well in mini camp. Whitehead might still get signed as well as others sitting on neg list at the moment.

No telling who will win roster or even PR spots at this point.

In the past the previous season's PR players don't often survive TC # 2 but each of those receivers did show some flash. In theory they have the early lead advantage going into TC.

That may change day to day so it's another TC of how each is looking from posters attending making reports.

Whether the best are returning from 2018 or new in 2019 will be decided. Posters favorites will show up in conversations as we move into the TC competition.

I don't really have one yet but I am intrigued by Bailey and Stewart as newcomers. Everything changes for rookies once they start lining up against veteran DB's.

No more excuses.
GCn19

« Reply #673 on: May 08, 2019, 04:56:59 PM »

At the end of 2018 I thought Nelson was somewhat of a clone in size and style that might be the leading candidate to take Dressler's spot on the roster.

Of course Nelson only had a 1 game brief appearance. Since then we've looked at many many rookies in mini camps and signed 6 rookie receivers for TC + we have Washington and Lawler also returning from mostly PR in 2018.

Some of the rookies: Stewart, Hazel and Bailey seemed to show well in mini camp. Whitehead might still get signed as well as others sitting on neg list at the moment.

No telling who will win roster or even PR spots at this point.

In the past the previous season's PR players don't often survive TC # 2 but each of those receivers did show some flash. In theory they have the early lead advantage going into TC.

That may change day to day so it's another TC of how each is looking from posters attending making reports.

Whether the best are returning from 2018 or new in 2019 will be decided. Posters favorites will show up in conversations as we move into the TC competition.

I don't really have one yet but I am intrigued by Bailey and Stewart as newcomers. Everything changes for rookies once they start lining up against veteran DB's.

If we sign Lucky Whitehead he would bring a lot of the attributes that Dressler did.

Blue In BC

« Reply #674 on: May 08, 2019, 05:03:42 PM »

Whitehead does have some credibility beyond the recent mini camp. I assume we'll sign him and wonder what caused the delay. Doesn't matter if he gets signed and attends TC. It's possible he has signed and has just not been announced.

Without accurate updates on the roster pages some things lack clarity.

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46
  Print  

Jump to: