Blue Bombers Forum
October 20, 2019, 07:07:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Laine a superstar.  (Read 2334 times)
Pigskin

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2019, 04:28:46 PM »

The jets as a whole last night. Terrible.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2019, 05:35:38 PM »

Should we trade Laine for Stone?? If Stone will sign an extension.

That doesn't sound like a very good idea.

#forthew

You can't fix stupid.
In Motion

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2019, 04:36:35 PM »

What worries me is Laine is a floater. His personality is so laid back, I'll be shocked
if he ever puts in the effort to become more than a one-dimensional player. I don't know who or what can light a fire under his butt.
I'd trade him for Stone in a heartbeat, if we could afford an extension, and then make a run for the Cup.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 06:31:53 PM by ModAdmin » Logged
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2019, 01:59:27 AM »

Pretty sure Wheeler and Schief combinded at 20 have less points the Laine at 20

Superstar at 20?   Lets get real.

Hes in a perfect place for him to grow as a player. He dont need to carry the load of a team. He jus needs to grow and learn from the guys around him.

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
Jesse

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2019, 03:42:12 AM »

Pretty sure Wheeler and Schief combinded at 20 have less points the Laine at 20

Superstar at 20?   Lets get real.

Hes in a perfect place for him to grow as a player. He dont need to carry the load of a team. He jus needs to grow and learn from the guys around him.

While I agree that it's too early to judge Laine, comparing him to Wheeler and Scheifele at the same ages makes no sense. Neither of them were in the NHL during their teen years. Obviously Laine has better stats.

My wife is amazing!
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2019, 05:33:05 AM »

While I agree that it's too early to judge Laine, comparing him to Wheeler and Scheifele at the same ages makes no sense. Neither of them were in the NHL during their teen years. Obviously Laine has better stats.

Isn't that kind of the point, though? You have fans saying Laine sucks, he's a bust, he should be traded, etc. Probably the same fans who complained when Scheifele was drafted. Now look at him.

#forthew

You can't fix stupid.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2019, 06:18:08 AM »

Isn't that kind of the point, though? You have fans saying Laine sucks, he's a bust, he should be traded, etc. Probably the same fans who complained when Scheifele was drafted. Now look at him.

Exactly - way, way too early to make any judgement on Laine at this point.  He needs to stay and grow with the Jets until proven otherwise.  That "otherwise" hasn't happened yet.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
dd

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2019, 03:55:54 PM »

Glad to see he scored one last night. Too much pressure being put on a 20 year old kid. I think putting him on a line with shieffle is the way to go, there?s definitely better chemistry there than with Little, and Connor s production isn?t going to suffer, if anything it will increase, he?s got amazing speed and hands and on the second line, he?s not going against the other teams too defensive players . Love watching him play.
theaardvark

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2019, 04:47:36 PM »

Bandwagon tickets now back on sale...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2019, 06:46:10 PM »

Glad to see he scored one last night. Too much pressure being put on a 20 year old kid. I think putting him on a line with shieffle is the way to go, there?s definitely better chemistry there than with Little, and Connor s production isn?t going to suffer, if anything it will increase, he?s got amazing speed and hands and on the second line, he?s not going against the other teams too defensive players . Love watching him play.
he scored 2 goals last night there bub.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2019, 06:52:48 PM »

Bandwagon tickets now back on sale...

That LaPolice quote never gets old - even when applied to Jets fans.

#forthew

You can't fix stupid.
Pigskin

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2019, 01:08:53 PM »

PL has 4 goals in the last 3 games. Doesn't matter how they go in as long as he is scoring. Putting him on the 1st unit has made him work a little harder to keep up Wheels and Scheifele. But at -20 he still has to play better D.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 04:33:51 PM by Pigskin » Logged
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2019, 01:26:06 AM »

No

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
theaardvark

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2019, 03:57:23 PM »

That last rush, through a Blues team in lock down mode, and almost scored, well...

He definately needs some tweaking, especially his effort level (when he was going 110% full out this series he was incredible and then he'd disappear).  But he will be a guy that puts people fannies in the seats for sure. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pigskin

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2019, 01:48:33 AM »

Playing him on the top line would also help.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: