Blue Bombers Forum
March 25, 2019, 11:58:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I won't be surprised if Claybrooks takes the team to a Cup in a year or two!  (Read 473 times)
Lincoln Locomotive

« on: January 11, 2019, 06:49:42 AM »

Claybrooks is a winner through and through and I believe he will make the transition from DC to HC fairly quickly.   Of course BC still needs a legit and healthy QB to achieve this....Lully is an injury waiting to happen and Jennings is still a big question mark as a starter.   He's an imposing figure with an impressive track record both as a coach and player and I have every reason to think he will carry this forward as a HC.

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
TecnoGenius

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 07:48:26 AM »

Never.  I'd bet real money on it.  No cup for Claybrooks in BC in 1-2 years.  He benefited from the CGY secret winning sauce, and CGY will keep on winning until someone figures out a tastier sauce.  I doubt that someone is Claybrooks.  (I hope it's Walters/MOS.)

Not saying he's bad.  He's proven very competent, aware, and aggressive.  But GC in 1-2 with struggling BC?  Never.
GCn18

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 12:12:00 PM »

If he is able to have Reilly on his roster you may be right LL. Like all CFL coaches he will go as far as his QB is able to take him. No QB....no chance.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
TBURGESS

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 02:35:51 PM »

I wouldn't bet on Claybrooks to win the cup in year 1. Too many new things to learn. I do expect him to have more success than MOS did though.

Being right never gets old.
Jesse

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 02:51:55 PM »

He doesn't have a QB on the roster, so I'd take a wait and see approach here.

It is going to be interesting to see how he fares there. This is the first time someone from the Hufnagel coaching tree has shaken loose, as far as I can tell.

Dickenson was the guy people wanted, but they went with the succession plan. Now we get to see what a Calgary coach can do away from Calgary.

My wife is amazing!
dd

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 06:01:48 AM »

Invoice hi I Claybrooks is over hyped. He had great personel in Calgary and an offense the could move the ball so the defense was off the field a lot.

If they don?t get a Qb in BC, he has zero chance at winning a GC, zero.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 06:04:28 AM »

Claybrooks is a legit HC imho. He has shown he can coach. With the right staff and QB in BC, they can definitely win again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: