Blue Bombers Forum
July 21, 2019, 08:45:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Chris Randle released today  (Read 9168 times)
TBURGESS

« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2019, 12:28:32 AM »

Allen, Ham, Flutie, Reilly, Masoli all excellent running QB's who've been very successful in the CFL and arn't known for being injured a lot.

Willy's a pocket passer who gets hurt a lot.

Being right never gets old.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2019, 01:38:32 AM »

True enough, but unless we are CERTAIN we have a superior replacement, I would have kept him until we did. It's great we're doing good by him to release him early, I just hope we have a capable replacement vs hope to sign someone and end up with someone inferior and Randal moves onto another team. My priority would be to ensure we get better, and until we have someone better, I wouldn't have released him.

Expecting cheaper and better is asking bit much considering Randle is still thought of by many as one of the best corners in the league, they might find a cheaper replacement but I'd be honestly surprised if he's as good as Randle.

@Ted_Wyman
 Jan 9
More
#Bombers have released veteran cornerback Chris Randle, one of their best defensive players for the last few years. Lions coach Devone Claybrooks told me he thinks Randle is the best boundary corner in the #CFL
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 01:59:47 AM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
kkc60

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2019, 05:05:19 AM »

Expecting cheaper and better is asking bit much considering Randle is still thought of by many as one of the best corners in the league, they might find a cheaper replacement but I'd be honestly surprised if he's as good as Randle.

@Ted_Wyman
 Jan 9
More
#Bombers have released veteran cornerback Chris Randle, one of their best defensive players for the last few years. Lions coach Devone Claybrooks told me he thinks Randle is the best boundary corner in the #CFL
Yeah no. I'm worried about our secondary regressing. We just got good...
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2019, 06:27:22 AM »

@Ted_Wyman
 Jan 9
More

I guess we'll see how long he lasts on the available FA market.....

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
TecnoGenius

« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2019, 07:39:22 AM »

Breaux is a potential free agent.

That would be a little silly to let $135k 30-ish Randle go and then go fight to pick up $250k 30-ish Breaux.  Breaux may be better, but $100k better?  And if the goal here is to free up SMS for Biggie/JSK/etc, that would be a pretty big fail.  (OK, might be slight exaggeration on the $250k number...)

A lot of D-leadership has left the dressing room in the last few years, Westerman, Leggett and now Randle were all leaders and spokesman for the D, they **** well better re-sign Bighill.

You said it TLB.  They've now laid the groundwork for the expectation they get Bighill back.  They better not disappoint!!   Shocked Shocked

I can live with shaking up / breaking up the Bomber D we've come to love, but not without sane and clear goals being met.
GCn18

« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2019, 12:13:18 PM »

That would be a little silly to let $135k 30-ish Randle go and then go fight to pick up $250k 30-ish Breaux.  Breaux may be better, but $100k better?  And if the goal here is to free up SMS for Biggie/JSK/etc, that would be a pretty big fail.  (OK, might be slight exaggeration on the $250k number...)

You said it TLB.  They've now laid the groundwork for the expectation they get Bighill back.  They better not disappoint!!   Shocked Shocked

I can live with shaking up / breaking up the Bomber D we've come to love, but not without sane and clear goals being met.

Breaux does not make, and will not make, 250k.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
GCn18

« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2019, 12:16:18 PM »

I would have to believe that a bonus due to existing contracts would have to be honored. I would think that the mandate was related to agreeing to new contracts with bonus money tied to them...

Exactly right. The CFL cannot and would not tell teams to be in breach of contract.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2019, 02:15:21 PM »

Allen, Ham, Flutie, Reilly, Masoli all excellent running QB's who've been very successful in the CFL and arn't known for being injured a lot.

Willy's a pocket passer who gets hurt a lot.

History shows more running QB's have had injury issues than those that managed long and successful careers.

No more excuses.
Blue In BC

« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2019, 02:19:05 PM »

You said it TLB.  They've now laid the groundwork for the expectation they get Bighill back.  They better not disappoint!!   Shocked Shocked

It was reported that Randle was due a raise in his contract. Possibly in the range of $150K for 2019.  Breaux's 2019 salary as a free agent is unknown at the moment. I seriously doubt it $250K in 2018.

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2019, 03:38:48 PM »

Jeff Hamilton, in the free press article today said Randle was due a $15K roster bonus Jan 15...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
dd

« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2019, 01:30:21 AM »

@Ted_Wyman
 Jan 9
More
If we don't have someone who is better, then I don't know why we released him, at boundary corner no less. If Claybrooks thinks he's the best corner in the CFL, nuff said there. I REALLY question this move. Our defense was just getting to playing well, and now this will be a massive step backwards...if we don't sign Biggie on top of this, YIKES!!!
Waffler

« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2019, 02:11:25 PM »

History shows more running QB's have had injury issues than those that managed long and successful careers.
Yes.  Reilly is the only "running" type that takes an inordinate number of hits. The rest run so they DON'T get hit.  Reilly is an outlier though, can't think of a tougher QB ever. no one else can do what he has done. I say done b/c he is old and his number is coming up soon, he's beat the odds too long already.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.  - Omar Khayyam

« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2019, 02:12:09 PM »

.  Why wouldn't they try to trade him. ?
kkc60

« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2019, 03:50:39 PM »

.  Why wouldn't they try to trade him. ?
Because at his salary, cant see many or any takers
Blue In BC

« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2019, 04:11:12 PM »

It's not impossible that after he sees what other offers are out there that he returns to the Bombers?

That may take awhile until more of the free agents around the league sign somewhere.

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: