Blue Bombers Forum
March 25, 2019, 11:58:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Chris Randle released today  (Read 5628 times)
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 02:00:51 AM »

Wow. Was surprised but he didn't play on to the level 150000$ earns

Where did you get that number?  I'd be surprised if DB's are earning that much money in the CFL, there's a lot of competition for those jobs.

I'm guessing Randals replacement is already in house and they can avoid F.A., Humes, Fenner or one of the new DB's Pruitt or Patterson.
blue newt

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2019, 02:29:07 AM »

This one surprises me.  He seemed like such a strong team leader, and while his play wasn't off the charts last year, I certainly never saw it as what kept the D back. 

Walters had better have a great plan for corner, because you know if the replacement stinks up the joint, this decision will haunt him a bit.

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2019, 02:41:57 AM »

I'm not surprised by this. He had lost a step and hopefully this frees up some money for Bighill.
this is what I immediately thought.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
the paw

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2019, 02:59:12 AM »

****! One of my favs. I'll miss him. He was beat more last year than in years before, but I didn't think he was easily expendable.

Great player, but the time is right.  He could probably play another year or two by flopping over to field corner, but given his contract it?s better to break clean.

If he wants to keep playing, he might find a role as a DI veteran somewhere, like Lin-J Shell did. The early release gives him a jump on free agency to explore the option. 

grab grass 'n growl
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2019, 03:32:34 AM »

I'm very surprised by this development. He didn't have a great 2018 but his presence in the backfield and in the locker room can't be understated. He seemed to be a fan favourite during his tenure, too.

But money talks and that's the nature of the business. All the best in your future endeavours, Chris!

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2019, 03:53:11 AM »

he still led the team with pass knock downs last year, 5th overall in the league... does that say anything?

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
theaardvark

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2019, 03:57:31 AM »

Must have been a bonus coming...

Kinda sucks ti lose him, but tough decisions need to be made.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
dd

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2019, 04:32:13 AM »

he still led the team with pass knock downs last year, 5th overall in the league... does that say anything?
It does to me?the man can still play. But as others have said, this was likely a financial decision, which I hope doesn?t bite us in the end, as he played the toughest cover spots on the field and did well at it
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2019, 05:37:12 AM »

Good player but got too expensive.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2019, 05:59:05 AM »

Bummer.  But I understand it.  "What would Wally do?"  Wally would have let him go too.  Definitely one of my faves on the D, and I hope he either goes on to succeed on another team, or, like someone already suggested, we snap him up cheap off the couch in FA if it turns out we do need him or we want some depth.

However: no Leggett, no Randle (and probably more to come)... '19 Bomber D won't quite feel the same.  Sad to see the '15-'18 era fading away (to a degree).
blue_or_die

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2019, 01:17:30 PM »

Bummer.  But I understand it.  "What would Wally do?"  Wally would have let him go too.  Definitely one of my faves on the D, and I hope he either goes on to succeed on another team, or, like someone already suggested, we snap him up cheap off the couch in FA if it turns out we do need him or we want some depth.

However: no Leggett, no Randle (and probably more to come)... '19 Bomber D won't quite feel the same.  Sad to see the '15-'18 era fading away (to a degree).

Yeah, I remember in 2014 after a hot start, Willy got injured and our season faded quickly from there. All I can remember was being super excited about Randle and Leggett as becoming huge parts of our core D, and that's exactly what happened. All great things must come to an end.

All the best in your future, Chris!!!

We may now have a problem at both corners  Undecided
booch

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2019, 01:31:40 PM »

value over worth...he just wasn't worth what he costs now...he is 30...time to make the move, but always tough when it is with a true pro and dedicated Bomber..150k can go a long way elsewhere to keep the defence a strong spot (JSK/bIGGIE/jEFFCOAT)

Also corner is one of the easiest...if not easiest defensive positions to fill on a CFL defense with a rookie American....and I have every reason to believe Alexander will be back this year to hold down one of the corner spots, and he is/has turned into a pretty consistently dominant corner..
bigbuff33

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2019, 01:40:47 PM »

Bombers have to free up money to sign guys like Bighill and Lofler...
Randle is a class act, but age and money were against him...
Ridermania

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2019, 02:18:20 PM »

Darrin Bauming
@DarrinBauming
 ? 12h

Replying to @DarrinBauming
As far as the roster implication of the move, the #Bombers have a lot to consider, with more than just Adam Bighill to try to re-ink. Loffler, Alexander, Jeffcoat, and Santos-Knox are due healthy raises, while many others (just on defence) need new deals.

Darrin Bauming
@DarrinBauming

Randle made $135k in 2018, including bonuses, and was set to make more in 2019. It was no doubt a tough decision for GM Kyle Walters, but the football business is and has always been about cost-benefit. I have little doubt Randle will garner interest elsewhere in the @CFL.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2019, 02:38:09 PM »

Very good player but in the SMS world this happens. I wish him the best wherever his future takes him.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: