Blue Bombers Forum
April 20, 2019, 02:19:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Touchdown Atlantic - Aug 25th - Any Bomber fans going?  (Read 1637 times)
blue_or_die

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2019, 06:30:45 PM »

Not to stir up trouble, but he did plead guilty to sexual assualt of a teenage girl he hired as a babysitter. It's a statement of fact. I wouldn't let my daughter baby sit at their house when she's old enough and I suspect I wouldn't be the only father with reservations. Just because he got an absolute discharge in a court of law doesn't entitle him to a whitewashed public image. It must be the off-season, and I guess it was probably meant as a low brow joke, but Tillman's actions are responsible for his stigma in society and no one should be trying to put the genie back in the bottle for him.

Agreed. I?m not going to let Michael Vick walk my dog just because he did his time.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2019, 01:24:21 AM »

Not to stir up trouble, but he did plead guilty to sexual assualt of a teenage girl he hired as a babysitter. It's a statement of fact. I wouldn't let my daughter baby sit at their house when she's old enough and I suspect I wouldn't be the only father with reservations. Just because he got an absolute discharge in a court of law doesn't entitle him to a whitewashed public image. It must be the off-season, and I guess it was probably meant as a low brow joke, but Tillman's actions are responsible for his stigma in society and no one should be trying to put the genie back in the bottle for him.

Understood.  My belief is because he got an absolute discharge, admitted his guilt, publicly apologized,was forgiven by his victim that I should should be equally forgiving.  Doesn't mean everyone should feel that way but I do. I understand your assessment too. The admonition to the poster was because the comment sounded like a dig or a low blow.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 02:52:27 AM »

I agree 100%.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2019, 02:55:22 AM »

Understood.  My belief is because he got an absolute discharge, admitted his guilt, publicly apologized,was forgiven by his victim that I should should be equally forgiving.  Doesn't mean everyone should feel that way but I do. I understand your assessment too. The admonition to the poster was because the comment sounded like a dig or a low blow.

In pro sports, like the CFL, these people should be held to a higher standard. In my opinion he should be done in this league and done working in this country period, out.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
theaardvark

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2019, 02:00:34 AM »

Yes, absolute discharge, admission of guilt, etc...  and blames the use of painkillers.  But what he did was an abuse of a position of power, with a minor.  One of the most egregious things a man can do.  So sure, he got off the hook, but he certainly did not deserve to.  And the CFL does not have to give him a pass, it sends a tremendously wrong message. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
1chad

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2019, 11:51:56 PM »

I was talking to some friends who are from SK and some who still live there, and apparently the victim and her family received quite a bit of negative publicity and quite a bit of pressure to drop the charges.  I do not believe that the victim - a minor - was in any position to "forgive" the man who assaulted her. 

He admitted his guilt, but blamed the drugs.  Publicly apologized, but never had to do anything else.  Received solid jobs from two possibly three organizations. 

What he did will stay with his victim for the rest of her life.  I think he has been given pretty much a free pass over this. 
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: