Blue Bombers Forum
March 25, 2019, 11:58:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brandon Wheat Kings To Host Blue Bombers Night  (Read 840 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« on: January 04, 2019, 01:51:13 AM »

Brandon Wheat Kings To Host Blue Bombers Night

WINNIPEG, MB., January 3, 2019 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are proud to partner with the Brandon Wheat Kings in the first-ever Blue Bombers Night at the Westoba Place January 18, 2019.

Blue Bombers quarterback Matt Nichols will be in attendance as the Wheat Kings take on the Kootenay Ice at 7:30 pm. Nichols will take part in the ceremonial opening face-off and will sign autographs during the first intermission.

"I can't wait to meet the community in Brandon and attend my first Wheat Kings game," said Nichols. "Manitobans are passionate fans no matter the sport, and I'm looking forward to making the trip."

Tickets to the January 18th game between the Wheat Kings and Ice are on sale now at the Keystone Centre box office. Fans can also order online at www.keystonecentre.com or by calling (204) 726-3555.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 01:26:22 PM »

Cool idea for both teams. Makes a ton of sense.
blue_or_die

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 01:38:43 PM »

Yeah, always good any time the Bombers go outside the perimeter.

It would be good to do something similar in-season too, maybe during a bye in October when hockey is on and hype is (hopefully) strong for the Bombers to make a playoff run.
bluebeard

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 01:56:15 PM »

I would go one step further and hold a bomber practice in Brandon.  Make friends there.  There should not be any Rider fans in a Manitoba City. Embarrassed
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 04:53:57 AM »

Pretty sure though there are Blue Bomber fans in every province in Canada.   Grin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
dd

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 07:06:35 PM »

This is a good step in community engagement, but the Bombers have got to connect with the football community in Brandon. As others have mentioned, they should host a practice and come out to their youth league games on a Saturday to generate interest in the football fans in Brandon.
Cheesebuster

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 08:06:00 PM »

Until the Bombers start scheduling more weekend games, Brandon will remain a mostly Rider town. It's just too far to drive in for games when they start at 7pm on a friday evening.
Jockitch

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 08:11:12 PM »

Good for Nichols to step forward ....... hope another Bomber or two makes the trip out to Brandon

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "18"
buckzumhoff

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 12:08:11 AM »

Until the Bombers start scheduling more weekend games, Brandon will remain a mostly Rider town. It's just too far to drive in for games when they start at 7pm on a friday evening.

Should be 8:00 starts.  Even during the week. Could be to benefit the fans watching out east. Should be up to each team.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 12:11:53 AM by buckzumhoff » Logged
blue newt

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2019, 05:21:37 AM »

Should be 8:00 starts.  Even during the week. Could be to benefit the fans watching out east. Should be up to each team.

I think this is a "you can never please everybody" scenario.  If the games started later, families wanting to bring their kids would say that it's too late to bring them; if they move the games earlier, people out of town or people who like to go home after work before the game would be upset.  Will never please everybody.  7pm is probably a happy medium.  Plus it means that more of the game is played in daylight rather than under the lights.

Don't think it's a "please the eastern fan" thing at all.  Otherwise all the games in BC would be matinees.  But they start 'em at 7pm here, too!
buckzumhoff

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 02:10:10 AM »

The games are decided by the sponsors what time the games are played. They call the shots. Games used to start at 8:00.  At the old stadium. Now with a longer drive to get to the stadium, to be at the game at 6:45 or sooner to get there to get food and get in your seat have to leave at 5:30.or sooner. Depending on where you live . I don't think it has anything to do with families. Its probably more of , they want you out before 10 for the university. Game time moved to 7 after they built the stadium where it is now.
blue_or_die

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 01:24:53 PM »

The games are decided by the sponsors what time the games are played. They call the shots. Games used to start at 8:00.  At the old stadium. Now with a longer drive to get to the stadium, to be at the game at 6:45 or sooner to get there to get food and get in your seat have to leave at 5:30.or sooner. Depending on where you live . I don't think it has anything to do with families. Its probably more of , they want you out before 10 for the university. Game time moved to 7 after they built the stadium where it is now.

I don't ever once remember games starting at 8 pm.
Stretch

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 01:34:49 PM »

Game time moved to 7 after they built the stadium where it is now.

This year all Thursday and Friday evening home games start at 7:30pm.

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
blue_or_die

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2019, 01:57:14 PM »

This year all Thursday and Friday evening home games start at 7:30pm.

As they have since 2014, I believe, IGF's second year, after having kickoff at 7 pm in the previous year and people not having enough time to get there.

7:30 is perfect IMO.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: