Blue Bombers Forum
July 21, 2019, 08:42:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jets in Regina October 26  (Read 2037 times)
Sec223

« on: January 02, 2019, 12:12:02 PM »

As usual the Bombers will take a hit. They play there final home game of the year the night before against Calgary. Perhaps I'll leave early Saturday morning for Regina.
Stretch

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 12:40:32 PM »

Personally I think you're overestimating how many people from Winnipeg that would normally go to the Bomber game will be heading to Regina for the Heritage Classic. The bigger factors will likely be the weather and the Bombers' record at the time.

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 01:19:14 PM »

Are there really that many people who will pay Grey Cup prices to go see an outdoor hockey game in Regina? I went to the Heritage Classic when it was here, enjoyed the experience, but am absolutely not going to go to Regina and do it over again. Bomber game or not.
GCn18

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 01:38:01 PM »

Hey...this is great for Regina. Probably one of the only times they will see a real professional league play in their town in their lifetime outside of the CFL. I am happy for them. However, I agree with SBG, the heritage classic is all sizzle and no steak. No chance I ever pony up the high price to go see one again.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
blue_or_die

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 02:50:28 PM »

As usual the Bombers will take a hit. They play there final home game of the year the night before against Calgary. Perhaps I'll leave early Saturday morning for Regina.

Maybe some tours could be organized to pick up fans and take them to IGF for the final Bomber home game, and then leave straight from the stadium to Regina after the game so you can still take it all in at the Heritage Classic!

I missed out on the Heritage Classic in Wpg and am still pretty choked about that, so this I find to be very attractive.
GCn18

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 03:06:24 PM »

It was a neat experience that I'm glad I took in. I just would never do it again.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
drahgon

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 04:27:43 PM »

It was a neat experience that I'm glad I took in. I just would never do it again.

Ditto, the experience was cool but not dying to do it again right now. Maybe in 10 years...
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 04:38:25 PM »

The 2016 HC was a fantastic experience. I'd attend another outdoor game but this one doesn't particularly interest me.

I'd love to see a stadium series game between the Jets and a division rival.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
In Motion

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 05:16:04 PM »

I believe there are more Calgary Flames fans in Regina
than Winnipeg Jets fans. People in Sask. hate any Winnipeg teams.
Maybe I'm wrong. What do you think?
Buck

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 05:22:12 PM »

Winnipeg teams have done fairly well in that stadium so far.  Looking forward to 3 Winnipeg wins in their yard in 2019!
In Motion

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2019, 05:28:41 PM »

Well, I'm talking about the Jets. They're going to be the hometeam in that game at Mosaic,
but I think there are more Calgary Flames fans in Sask. than Jets fans.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2019, 05:43:39 PM »

I've never been a big fan of any HC games including the very first one played between the Habs and the Oilers in Edmonton.    I had a chance to buy tickets which were $500 a pop and I declined.   It was minus 25-30 that nite and I watched from the comfort of my living room.   The Oilers lost and it wasn't a very well played game mostly because it was so freaking cold!   Playing in October even in Regina shouldn't be as cold but the ice conditions will be difficult as they usually are.   

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
gobombersgo

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2019, 06:21:33 PM »

I believe there are more Calgary Flames fans in Regina
than Winnipeg Jets fans. People in Sask. hate any Winnipeg teams.
Maybe I'm wrong. What do you think?
I don't know which team has more fans but there are lots of Jets fans in Regina. They get Jets games as part of their TSN package. I know of a number of people from Regina that come to Winnipeg for a few games.

Some people there may hate all Winnipeg teams but there are also some who hate all Calgary teams.

dd

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2019, 07:52:30 PM »

I think the outdoor games are a marketing gimmick the NHL uses and its running its course. Over priced and over hyped. I don?t think the Bombers will ?suffer? from this event and if it was a decision to go to the grey cup or this outdoor hockey game, it?s the  grey cup hands down. But then again, I prefer the indoor experience whether it?s a hockey game or concert.

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2019, 09:05:38 PM »

I don't know which team has more fans but there are lots of Jets fans in Regina. They get Jets games as part of their TSN package. I know of a number of people from Regina that come to Winnipeg for a few games.

Some people there may hate all Winnipeg teams but there are also some who hate all Calgary teams.

Reginans don't really hate Winnipeg, we're more ambivalent than anything else. 

As far as NHL preference goes, I would say Regina fan loyalty goes as follows:

1)  Leafs or Canadiens
2) Oilers or Flames
3) Other original 6 like Detroit or Boston as well as the Jets
4) Other 'niche' teams like Anaheim Ducks (local players) and Vegas Knights (newbies)

As soon as you go east of Regina, (Indian Head, Moosomin, Yorkton) there are more Jets fans.  As soon as you go west of Regina, (Moose Jaw, Swift Current) there are more Flames fans. 

I will say, the Jets' recent success has raised eyebrows here and many hockey fans are taking notice. 

My guess would be that the crowd would be fairly evenly split.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 09:09:25 PM by upp » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: