Blue Bombers Forum
July 21, 2019, 08:42:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chris Streveler's Method on how to throw a football on YouTube  (Read 887 times)
Lincoln Locomotive

« on: December 31, 2018, 05:08:46 PM »

I was idly surfing YouTube when I came across this video of a young Chris Streveler demonstrating his throwing technique!   I love this guy and I had to chuckle at his "flicking the booger" analogy!

https://youtu.be/Po1AzA63MwM
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 08:44:09 PM by Lincoln Locomotive » Logged

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
theaardvark

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 05:20:28 PM »

That was fun.  If you read the comments, this wasn't a PSA for how to throw a football, it was a demonstration speech for public speaking...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 06:05:43 PM »

That was fun.  If you read the comments, this wasn't a PSA for how to throw a football, it was a demonstration speech for public speaking...
Hes a good communicator....poised...confident and unassuming!   All great leadership qualities!  He was runner up for the Walter Payton Award for good reason...

https://youtu.be/k1aJGJjwWxA

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 05:43:56 PM »

For whatever reason I ended up watching all the highlight moments of Chris Strevelers college career and to say he was impressive is an understatement.   I really think we have a special player with this guy and he's a fighter on the field and a true leader.   I fear if we don't give him the shot he deserves he will be playing for someone else after next season.   I believe he is our future and for us to ever win a Grey Cup in my lifetime we need a great QB not just one who manages games.   When you look at his body of work for the Bombers last season he made things happen when given the opportunities.   Matt Nichols is just ok but he doesn't have the gifts of a Chris Streveler and his ego seems somewhat fragile.   For whatever reason our offensive game plan didn't utilize Streveler in the WF like it did in the WSF against the Riders where he did make an impact.   I was not impressed with Nichols in that game and felt had Streveler been given more opportunities he would have given the Calgary D some trouble.    Of course all of this is mere conjecture on my part and yes Nichols has been our best QB in years but Is he he Grey Cup material?  If Chris Streveler is given a chance he will succeed....but since we have signed Nichols for big money next season that's unlikely to happen.   On top of that we also need to get some receivers who can win the jump balls which we need to recruit.  Right now Chris Streveler will be working out throwing footballs and studying our offencive system and he will be even better next season....if he's given a chance!   Happy New Year Bomber fans.....keep the faith!

Jesse

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 01:50:36 PM »

For whatever reason I ended up watching all the highlight moments of Chris Strevelers college career and to say he was impressive is an understatement.   I really think we have a special player with this guy and he's a fighter on the field and a true leader.   I fear if we don't give him the shot he deserves he will be playing for someone else after next season.   I believe he is our future and for us to ever win a Grey Cup in my lifetime we need a great QB not just one who manages games.   When you look at his body of work for the Bombers last season he made things happen when given the opportunities.   Matt Nichols is just ok but he doesn't have the gifts of a Chris Streveler and his ego seems somewhat fragile.   For whatever reason our offensive game plan didn't utilize Streveler in the WF like it did in the WSF against the Riders where he did make an impact.   I was not impressed with Nichols in that game and felt had Streveler been given more opportunities he would have given the Calgary D some trouble.    Of course all of this is mere conjecture on my part and yes Nichols has been our best QB in years but Is he he Grey Cup material?  If Chris Streveler is given a chance he will succeed....but since we have signed Nichols for big money next season that's unlikely to happen.   On top of that we also need to get some receivers who can win the jump balls which we need to recruit.  Right now Chris Streveler will be working out throwing footballs and studying our offencive system and he will be even better next season....if he's given a chance!   Happy New Year Bomber fans.....keep the faith!

It will be very interesting to see what happens this coming season. If they continue to work on/with Streveler and get him more opportunities to see the field.

My wife is amazing!
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 05:51:55 PM »

It will be very interesting to see what happens this coming season. If they continue to work on/with Streveler and get him more opportunities to see the field.
Here's hoping!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: