Blue Bombers Forum
June 19, 2019, 07:02:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36
  Print  
Author Topic: CFL Signings/News  (Read 32035 times)
the paw

« Reply #240 on: January 10, 2019, 03:54:53 PM »

The most important defensive player but not the most important overall because of ratio. Either we keep Loffler or add another National on defense. Lokombo might be a choice. Can you suggest another National possibility if we lose Loffler?

Are any of Jones, Conteh, or our other National DB's able to step in with little drop off? Not IMO.

First and best option is to re-sign Loffler. If he prices himself out of the market, then Lokombo would be a good choice, although Lokombo will have options.

If neither are available, then we likely seek to balance the ratio on the d-line.  Guys like Boateng, Mrabe, possibly Corney as a starter, or Junior Turner are all available on the free agent market.   I don't see many NTL options at safety or in the secondary that i like. 

grab grass 'n growl
Blue In BC

« Reply #241 on: January 10, 2019, 04:58:49 PM »

First and best option is to re-sign Loffler. If he prices himself out of the market, then Lokombo would be a good choice, although Lokombo will have options.

If neither are available, then we likely seek to balance the ratio on the d-line.  Guys like Boateng, Mrabe, possibly Corney as a starter, or Junior Turner are all available on the free agent market.   I don't see many NTL options at safety or in the secondary that i like. 

Boateng would be an excellent option on the DL. IIRC he's getting some NFL interest and he won't come cheap. I like Corney but he and the others mentioned aside from Boateng would be big drop offs IMO. Good depth but not full time starters.

Realistically I'm less concerned that Loffler pricing himself out of the market than the concern about going to the Lions.

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #242 on: January 10, 2019, 05:54:49 PM »

If Loffler goes to BC, then we can pretty much be guaranteed to get Bighill... at the end of the day, we should have at least one of them...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #243 on: January 10, 2019, 06:13:09 PM »

If Loffler goes to BC, then we can pretty much be guaranteed to get Bighill... at the end of the day, we should have at least one of them...

Not quite following your logic.  There are eight other teams who may or may not be vying for either of their services, making decisions exclusive of all other teams, so if they both make it to FA (and to be honest, I don't see why they both wouldn't test the market), it's completely plausible that the Bombers could be outbid in parallel and lose both. 
theaardvark

« Reply #244 on: January 10, 2019, 06:47:16 PM »

Not quite following your logic.  There are eight other teams who may or may not be vying for either of their services, making decisions exclusive of all other teams, so if they both make it to FA (and to be honest, I don't see why they both wouldn't test the market), it's completely plausible that the Bombers could be outbid in parallel and lose both. 

Both have family ties to BC, and playing ties to us.  All things being equal, I think it would be down to us and BC. 

Now, Kavis in MTL might Westerman one of them but other than him, I think we can match any offer...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #245 on: January 11, 2019, 01:05:18 PM »

The carter tweets are so, well, Carter like. I hope this idiot does not return to the league, EVER!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
DM83

« Reply #246 on: January 13, 2019, 09:45:14 AM »

Carter??? Where is he?
Playing in the Regina Touch Football league?
Horseman

« Reply #247 on: January 14, 2019, 02:02:59 PM »

Carter??? Where is he?
Playing in the Regina Touch Football league?

Well he should be playing in the "Stony Mountain Pen intermural touch football League". ;-)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 07:07:53 PM by Horseman » Logged
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #248 on: January 14, 2019, 07:39:51 PM »

CFL
‏Verified account @CFL
4h4 hours ago

BREAKING: @REDBLACKS are bringing back OL Nolan MacMillan 🇨🇦

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #249 on: January 15, 2019, 08:32:45 PM »

CFL
‏Verified account @CFL
31m31 minutes ago

TRANSACTION: The @sskroughriders have released REC Jordan Williams Lambert (@HumbledJWill84) to allow him to pursue @NFL opportunities.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #250 on: January 16, 2019, 04:13:53 PM »

Just saw something on twitter that indicated that Edmonton Esks JC Sheritt has retired!
theaardvark

« Reply #251 on: January 16, 2019, 04:16:38 PM »

Just saw something on twitter that indicated that Edmonton Esks JC Sheritt has retired!

CFL on TSN @CFLonTSN
2m2 minutes ago

JUST IN: #Eskimos veteran LB J.C. Sherritt announces retirement after eight seasons in the #CFL, all with Edmonton.

MORE: http://bit.ly/2VTWCsR

Wow, the Biggie signing just got even better...

1chad

« Reply #252 on: January 16, 2019, 04:43:05 PM »

HOLY C**P!!!!!!
kkc60

« Reply #253 on: January 16, 2019, 04:44:31 PM »

Wow. Great guy, great career. Bighill signing looking even more important. Edmonton could have been another suitor
1chad

« Reply #254 on: January 16, 2019, 04:45:15 PM »

CFL on TSN @CFLonTSN
2m2 minutes ago

JUST IN: #Eskimos veteran LB J.C. Sherritt announces retirement after eight seasons in the #CFL, all with Edmonton.

MORE: http://bit.ly/2VTWCsR

Wow, the Biggie signing just got even better...

Injuries catching up with him?  Wear and tear pretty high with his style of play.  Great player, great to watch though
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36
  Print  

Jump to: