Blue Bombers Forum
July 21, 2019, 08:45:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36
  Print  
Author Topic: CFL Signings/News  (Read 35787 times)
TBURGESS

« Reply #255 on: January 16, 2019, 04:45:53 PM »

The CFL is losing a ton of talent this off season.

Being right never gets old.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #256 on: January 19, 2019, 05:25:58 AM »

CFL Headlines
‏ @CFL_Headlines
6h6 hours ago

Stampeders sign Kamar Jorden for two more years: Kamar Jorden knows he'll be wearing a Calgary Stampeders jersey next season. Signing a new two-year contract with the team on Friday guaranteed he'll be wearing the Red & White in 2019. http://dlvr.it/Qx0fXQ  via @DannyAustin_9
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 03:45:14 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
ModAdmin
Administrator

« Reply #257 on: January 20, 2019, 03:44:18 PM »

CFL Headlines
‏ @CFL_Headlines
1h1 hour ago

Alouettes expected to name former NFL coach Bob Slowik defensive coordinator: The Montreal Alouettes are expected to name Bob Slowick defensive coordinator, per sources. The 64-year-old spent five seasons with Green Bay while current. http://dlvr.it/Qx5Qjz  via @JDunk12

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
ModAdmin
Administrator

« Reply #258 on: January 24, 2019, 05:12:07 PM »

HAMILTON - The Hamilton Tiger-Cats have signed five players on defence, including international defensive backs Robert Porter Jr. and Joel Ross, defensive end Jamal Marcus and linebacker Chris Frey, as well as national defensive lineman Joel Van Pelt, the team announced on Thursday.

66 Chevelle

« Reply #259 on: January 24, 2019, 06:24:31 PM »

I was looking at the free agent tracker last night and I was really surprised at some of the WRs that have be out right releases already this year... names like Chris Matthews, Diontae Spencer, Bryant Mitchell, and Duke Williams, all of them I have in my top 15 of league WRs... I could see not signing them yet, because there are a lot of top WRs hitting free agency this year, but to already cut them... dang...  Duke had over 1500 yards this year, led the league

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
GCn18

« Reply #260 on: January 24, 2019, 06:46:41 PM »

I was looking at the free agent tracker last night and I was really surprised at some of the WRs that have be out right releases already this year... names like Chris Matthews, Diontae Spencer, Bryant Mitchell, and Duke Williams, all of them I have in my top 15 of league WRs... I could see not signing them yet, because there are a lot of top WRs hitting free agency this year, but to already cut them... dang...  Duke had over 1500 yards this year, led the league

Duke, Matthews, Spencer, and Mitchell are all signed to NFL futures deals and that is why their respective teams released them.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #261 on: January 24, 2019, 08:40:00 PM »

Duke, Matthews, Spencer, and Mitchell are all signed to NFL futures deals and that is why their respective teams released them.

thanks for the info, I knew it was being talked about but didn't know it was already a done deal... but that brings ups another deal then, if they weren't going to be free agents this year, now they've been released, so if they get cut by the NFL they will come back as a free agent... probably doesn't effect a lot of players given the trend for 1 year deals as of late though...

more or less just 'thinking out loud' there, lol... newbie catching up to the pack...  Grin

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
booch

« Reply #262 on: January 24, 2019, 09:11:28 PM »

No they were to become free-agents in February..this just is a courtesy move to allow them to sign earlier...though if they get released from their NFL deals or cut in camp..they become free to sign with whomever
GCn18

« Reply #263 on: January 25, 2019, 04:14:36 PM »

thanks for the info, I knew it was being talked about but didn't know it was already a done deal... but that brings ups another deal then, if they weren't going to be free agents this year, now they've been released, so if they get cut by the NFL they will come back as a free agent... probably doesn't effect a lot of players given the trend for 1 year deals as of late though...

more or less just 'thinking out loud' there, lol... newbie catching up to the pack...  Grin

In the CFL almost every team will release players on expiring deals prior to February if the have an NFL deal worked out in the hopes that the good faith shown might lead them back to them if the NFL doesn't work out.

GCn18

« Reply #264 on: January 25, 2019, 04:16:20 PM »

The only CFL person released to pursue the NFL that was under contract for 2019 was Jordan Williams Lambert. He only gained his release because he grieved his contract terms with the CFL.

theaardvark

« Reply #265 on: January 25, 2019, 04:40:57 PM »

Pretty sure all new contracts that are signed have the same NFL window now.  Multi-year or not, they can still tryout for NFL teams during the window.  And should they get offered a contract, the CFL teams will release them.    Not sure what Lambert's issue was, but going forward, it should be open season in the window...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn18

« Reply #266 on: January 25, 2019, 04:55:47 PM »

Pretty sure all new contracts that are signed have the same NFL window now.  Multi-year or not, they can still tryout for NFL teams during the window.  And should they get offered a contract, the CFL teams will release them.    Not sure what Lambert's issue was, but going forward, it should be open season in the window...

Yes going forward. He asked about specific players initially.

booch

« Reply #267 on: January 25, 2019, 05:19:14 PM »

The only CFL person released to pursue the NFL that was under contract for 2019 was Jordan Williams Lambert. He only gained his release because he grieved his contract terms with the CFL.
most likely as he was sick of Regina and the circus it is becoming...maybe he seen it coming haha
Blue In BC

« Reply #268 on: January 25, 2019, 06:11:54 PM »

Duron Carter said he would retire if the new CBA isn't signed before free agency. What a goof.

No more excuses.
blue girl

« Reply #269 on: January 25, 2019, 08:04:15 PM »

Duron Carter said he would retire if the new CBA isn't signed before free agency. What a goof.
Well I guess that he's retiring because they're not even negotiating until March.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36
  Print  

Jump to: