Blue Bombers Forum
July 20, 2019, 07:49:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36
  Print  
Author Topic: CFL Signings/News  (Read 35727 times)
BlueInCgy

« Reply #210 on: January 07, 2019, 10:02:47 PM »

Yes and no. Bighill is going to get paid what he's worth and competition from money offered shouldn't be substantially different. What is different is the option choice he has about where he goes.

JSK's value probably benefitted more from Singleton leaving than Bighill.
Blue In BC

« Reply #211 on: January 07, 2019, 11:03:34 PM »

JSK's value probably benefitted more from Singleton leaving than Bighill.

How so?

No more excuses.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #212 on: January 08, 2019, 12:03:57 AM »

How so?

Supply and demand, I would say...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Tehedra

« Reply #213 on: January 08, 2019, 04:51:48 AM »

Yup there will be more looking for a player to play that position instantly puts up the value of all those players
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #214 on: January 08, 2019, 01:22:03 PM »

Bombers re-sign NAT DT Jake Thomas for 2019.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #215 on: January 08, 2019, 01:34:38 PM »

Bombers re-sign NAT DT Jake Thomas for 2019.

He must have exhausted all his NFL options again... Wink
Blue In BC

« Reply #216 on: January 08, 2019, 02:24:30 PM »

Yup there will be more looking for a player to play that position instantly puts up the value of all those players

JSK is  an excellent WIL. He's not a proven MLB. There are potentially a bunch of good veteran MLB's that may also reach reach free agency as well as some good WIL's.

While those MLB's aren't named Bighill or Singleton there may be some talent available. I'm not even sure JSK will be near the top of the list at WIL although he may get some additional offers.

That said, I don't think Singleton going to the NFL really changes his options much or increases his CFL value excessively.

Whether JSK gets an NFL offer is another matter.

Jeff Knox, Bear Woods, J. Davis, Davis, L. Dean, S. Lawrence and B. Lokombo are on the potential list of candidates.

I'd like to see both Bighill and JSK back but that may beyond our control. The positions will be filled and that may mean CFL free agents or CFL rookies.

We'll see how all of this works out. I'd love to see Lawrence and / or Lokombo as Bombers if we lose our players. Lokombo as a National would assist our ratio situation on defense as well.

As we know many potential free agents will re-sign with their existing teams.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 02:42:56 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #217 on: January 08, 2019, 03:35:29 PM »

JSK is  an excellent WIL. He's not a proven MLB. There are potentially a bunch of good veteran MLB's that may also reach reach free agency as well as some good WIL's.

While those MLB's aren't named Bighill or Singleton there may be some talent available. I'm not even sure JSK will be near the top of the list at WIL although he may get some additional offers.

That said, I don't think Singleton going to the NFL really changes his options much or increases his CFL value excessively.

Whether JSK gets an NFL offer is another matter.

Jeff Knox, Bear Woods, J. Davis, Davis, L. Dean, S. Lawrence and B. Lokombo are on the potential list of candidates.

I'd like to see both Bighill and JSK back but that may beyond our control. The positions will be filled and that may mean CFL free agents or CFL rookies.

We'll see how all of this works out. I'd love to see Lawrence and / or Lokombo as Bombers if we lose our players. Lokombo as a National would assist our ratio situation on defense as well.

As we know many potential free agents will re-sign with their existing teams.

Lokombo will be someone Hervey definitely needs to re-sign, Huff will be in the mix too for ratio continuity.  Lawrence, I don't think his "style" fits with this team.  Woods is a walking bandaid.  The rest are serviceable, not sure if they are ahead of JSK at MLB, or if we can't recruit as good.  Jeff Knox is interesting, and if we could re-sign JSK, then we'd have a "Hard Knox" D

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn18

« Reply #218 on: January 08, 2019, 03:38:21 PM »

Not sure why people here think that there would be massive demand for JSK at MLBer. He hasn't played there and he may be great, but he may also average. He is an excellent WIL though...but he has proven nothing at MLB.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #219 on: January 08, 2019, 03:50:50 PM »

Lokombo will be someone Hervey definitely needs to re-sign, Huff will be in the mix too for ratio continuity.  Lawrence, I don't think his "style" fits with this team.  Woods is a walking bandaid.  The rest are serviceable, not sure if they are ahead of JSK at MLB, or if we can't recruit as good.  Jeff Knox is interesting, and if we could re-sign JSK, then we'd have a "Hard Knox" D

Calgary has not tended to be a big player in free agency but that can always change. However as others have previously suggested that Elimimian could be traded if the Lions choose to add Bighill.

That now opens up the possibility of either Calgary or Winnipeg being trade partners. That said, talent aside, I don't see the Lions wanting to trade within the division. Mo would be an expensive SMS hit ( possibly more than Bighill ) and what would any team have to give up in trade.

Still of the view both Mo and Bighill doesn't make sense.

If Lokombo doesn't get another NFL shot I'm guessing he's on several teams list. Talent plus ratio benefit.

I'm not sure Lawrence style doesn't fit with the team but it could be a factor.

I agree Woods has had some serious injuries but that can be part of a contract agreement against games played. When healthy he's a very good LB and teams will have interest in him.

I know several posters think JSK could be a very good MLB and that's very possible. If we re-sign him but lose Bighill then he could very well be the 1st team MLB going into TC. Easier to find a new WIL than a MLB IMO.

In any case Lokombo would be high on my list for many reasons even if we re-sign Bighill and JSK.

I'd see him at worst as an improvement in depth, rotation, defensive set options and would eliminate as much need for an import LB as a DI. He's also very very good on ST's as well.

Of course more money for Bighill and JSK ( if that happens ) makes this largely improbable from an SMS point of view.

No more excuses.
Blue In BC

« Reply #220 on: January 08, 2019, 03:54:46 PM »

Not sure why people here think that there would be massive demand for JSK at MLBer. He hasn't played there and he may be great, but he may also average. He is an excellent WIL though...but he has proven nothing at MLB.

All that's true. At least in Winnipeg he's familiar with our systems and is one of the team leaders. Moving to another team is not always as easy a jump. So in that sense I could see him as a possible candidate here is we do lose Bighill.

Free agency is such a moving target with so many possibilities until more of the dust settles.

No more excuses.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #221 on: January 08, 2019, 04:54:22 PM »

No announcement yet so I take it Ian Wild has not made up his mind to retire so he's still a factor, if he wants to come back I'm guessing O'Shea will take him. If Bighill ends up elsewhere he's going to be a hard act to follow so expect a downgrade, I'd go after Lokombo hot and heavy first for ratio value if that was the case. If they lose JSK to the NFL (which I doubt) he'd be much easier to replace but my first choice would be All-Star Mr. Anywhere, Don Unamba!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 04:56:02 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
thunderNlightning

« Reply #222 on: January 08, 2019, 04:56:50 PM »

Eskimos WR Mitchell signs with Cardinals.

Edmonton could be a hot mess next year.

https://www.tsn.ca/eskimos-wr-mitchell-signs-with-cardinals-1.1238070
Blue In BC

« Reply #223 on: January 08, 2019, 05:09:29 PM »

No announcement yet so I take it Ian Wild has not made up his mind to retire so he's still a factor, if he wants to come back I'm guessing O'Shea will take him. If Bighill ends up elsewhere he's going to be a hard act to follow so expect a downgrade, I'd go after Lokombo hot and heavy first for ratio value if that was the case. If they lose JSK to the NFL (which I doubt) he'd be much easier to replace but my first choice would be All-Star Mr. Anywhere, Don Unamba!

I'm not sure Wild will be back whether we lose Bighill and / or JSK or not. I'm not a big fan of Wilson yet but I'm guessing as a DI he may have moved past Wild and possible higher SMS issues. He's also a potential free agent so others like Unamba come into play.

That's just another reason why Lokombo could be so valuable to the Bombers.

Wild, Wilson, Gauthier, Renaud and Plesius are all potential free agents. All are either DI's and / or ST players.

Not sure which of those players will cost how much individually or cumulatively ( if we want them back ). I would like Gauthier back. OTOH, Lokombo could start, play ST's or be rotated into different defensive sets even as the back up.

This could eliminate the need for a few of our potential free agents on the depth chart game day and improve our ratio options. What is the cumulative costs at LB as far as depth if you eliminate Wild and one of the other National back ups?

Who signs where 1st goes a long way in determining the next in line choice.

EDIT: Fenner is not a potential free agent but he seemed to be more a back up at SAM than at DB. He's probably making a pretty good salary. He's a very good player on ST's and I'm happy to have him.

Just wondering if he becomes expendable if we have to spend more money on Bighill, JSK and / or someone like Lokombo in the mix.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 09:36:22 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
blue girl

« Reply #224 on: January 08, 2019, 08:00:08 PM »

IIRC JSK was supposed to be the MLB before we signed Bighill. Either way we have to sign JSK. Bighill or possibly both. If we lose both of them IMO we're doomed.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36
  Print  

Jump to: