Blue Bombers Forum
July 21, 2019, 08:46:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36
  Print  
Author Topic: CFL Signings/News  (Read 35788 times)
the paw

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2018, 12:59:13 PM »

Debatable.

Not in my mind.  I think one can make a case for Harris, but i?ll take Nichols over Masoli every day of the week.

grab grass 'n growl
Jesse

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2018, 02:01:45 PM »

Not in my mind.  I think one can make a case for Harris, but i?ll take Nichols over Masoli every day of the week.

Masoli?s stats were super inflated from playing in the east.

His stats against winning teams and losing teams are night and day.

My wife is amazing!
buckzumhoff

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2018, 02:08:09 PM »

A lot of games I watched Manziel ., in one game where he hit his receivers 5 or 6 times and they dropped a lot of balls. Don't think you can blame the quarterback. But they do have at least one good receiver on that team. When they had Cavillo they had 4 or 5 veteran receivers.
buckzumhoff

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2018, 02:10:41 PM »

Masoli dismantled us in one game. He destroyed B.C at home and should have easily won in bc but Hamilton let them  off. don't think they beat easy teams. I think they beat Edmonton and Calgary at least once.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 02:15:29 PM by buckzumhoff » Logged
Pigskin

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2018, 02:43:31 PM »

Masoli, Harris Nichols, unless Ray comes back. And then I would drop Nichols to 4.
Duckman118

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2018, 05:18:58 PM »

Masoli has had 1 good year starting so far. Just like Nichols did last season. It'll be interesting how he progresses next year.

In my mind, he is a flash in the pan who can beat up on bad teams but can't get it done against the good ones. His 4 losses against Ottawa prove that. And honestly, how could anyone seriously put masoli above Harris at this point ??

"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
absence leaks from inside,
and brings you back to life again,
I fear an emptiness,
so I just seek the truth,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July
dd

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2018, 05:57:15 PM »

Are you serious?? I?d take masoli over #15 every day of the week and twice on game day!! Hamilton actually has a passing game!!
the paw

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2018, 08:42:46 PM »

Are you serious?? I?d take masoli over #15 every day of the week and twice on game day!! Hamilton actually has a passing game!!

Masoli is exciting to watch and he can get hot as a pistol.  He also has a tendency to force the play on occasion which results in key interceptions.  He also puts the ball on the ground more often.

Nicholls protects the football extremely well, and he executes a game plan with discipline.  His willingness to stick to the script allowed the bombers to have the most balanced and prolific offensive attack in the league.  Not flashy, but effective.

For me, it?s no contest, but I can see why others might like Masoli.

grab grass 'n growl
theaardvark

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2018, 09:03:25 PM »

Masoli is exciting to watch and he can get hot as a pistol.  He also has a tendency to force the play on occasion which results in key interceptions.  He also puts the ball on the ground more often.

Nicholls protects the football extremely well, and he executes a game plan with discipline.  His willingness to stick to the script allowed the bombers to have the most balanced and prolific offensive attack in the league.  Not flashy, but effective.

For me, it?s no contest, but I can see why others might like Masoli.

Nichols protects the ball really well when he protects the ball, and when he doesn't, we have 4 game losing streaks.   Yes, he can manage a game well, and he is a trooper and a leader, but he is as hot and cold as any QB in the league.

Hopefully last year taught him how to eat the ball properly.  I'm his biggest fan when hes running hot, hopefully I'll be a fan all year, and won't get a chance to boo him and Lapo/MOS for leaving him in games...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
dd

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2018, 09:14:02 PM »

Nichols is bipolar with the ball. Most of the time he OVER protects the ball and dink?s and dunks his way to 2 and outs or he s crazy with the football and throws under handed pick sixes to D linemen that cost us the game.

Give me masoli and his escspability any day of the week and like I said before twice on game day.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 02:58:30 AM by dd » Logged
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2018, 10:34:33 PM »

I?ll take Masoli over Nichols.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Knocker42

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2018, 11:04:18 PM »

Here's an article about Eric Barriere, a QB on Bombers' neg list.  He's playing in a bowl game today.
Sounds like he has the physical tools but will have a bit to learn.  Sort of like Streveler.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/oct/31/eric-barriere-era-officially-begins-for-eastern-wa/
DM83

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2018, 03:49:26 PM »

Where does Nichols rank  in thenCFL? According to fans ..
Reilly
No Levi Mitchel
Harris
Lulay
Nichols
Hamiltons guy.  Same as Harris..  Except he is more of a runner..  And he should run more.msame with Manzeil
Collaros
Torontos crew
Manzeil

Middle,group. Kinda interchangeable.
Don't like Harris, plays well against lousy teams, nothing vs good defences
Lulay is hot and cold
Collaros. Brain is mush should retire. Due to injury
Torontos crew has potential, but team was abandoned by ownership in terms of resigning stars.

The biggest key is who has the best Offensive line.
dd

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2018, 06:24:02 PM »

You have far undervalued masoli. He lost his entire receiving corps this year and was still competitive. They absolutely lambasted the Lions in the playoffs without Banks. I got Masoli behind BLM and MR.
Duckman118

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2018, 08:03:52 PM »

You have far undervalued masoli. He lost his entire receiving corps this year and was still competitive. They absolutely lambasted the Lions in the playoffs without Banks. I got Masoli behind BLM and MR.
Then masoli got lambasted by Harris and the reeblacks.

Who did masoli beat that was actually good?? Nichols and the bombers? No. Harris and the reeblacks? No. BLM? No. Not even Sask. He couldn't beat a single playoff team other than BC and they were awful.

"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
absence leaks from inside,
and brings you back to life again,
I fear an emptiness,
so I just seek the truth,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36
  Print  

Jump to: