Blue Bombers Forum
April 20, 2019, 02:19:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 days to Free Agency  (Read 1895 times)
booch

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2019, 02:24:49 PM »

Walker..Mathews..Posey..Danials..Ellingson
blueraid

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2019, 02:40:46 PM »

Ellingson..(don't think the refusal to blow will resonate with Mike O) Walker...definitely Mathews...All solid go to guys that would delight Nichols and Sreve
TBURGESS

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2019, 02:42:09 PM »

I think we will need to spend a lot of our SMS money on nationals to replace the all stars we are losing. Fixing the receiver problem will have to wait until we fix the NI starter problem.

Being right never gets old.
blueraid

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2019, 02:46:31 PM »

I think we will need to spend a lot of our SMS money on nationals to replace the all stars we are losing. Fixing the receiver problem will have to wait until we fix the NI starter problem.

We should have enough to do both what with a few players that have moved on and some to be axed
booch

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2019, 02:47:19 PM »

I would be happy with a Adams/Woli/Thompkins/Simonese and one of Walker or Mathews....or a 3rd option Posey to go with Harris, and if ratio allowed it with not having to start 2 national receivers a guy like Nelson or a receiver of similar ilk to play the Demski role...I don't see Demski and his 160k ask as necessary..
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2019, 04:20:31 PM »

Agree, instead of chasing after established receivers that are already earning max. dollars at their position, sign upcoming receivers with drive and size who will become elite receivers within the next few years, much like they did with Adams.  Dominique Rhymes, Juron Criner, heck I'd even give Ricky Collins another shot.
Nic16

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2019, 09:22:37 PM »

Agreed.

And anyway, it?s about time LaPo (& Nichols) find a way to turn a few of the receivers the scouts bring in into CFL receivers.

It?s like Winnipeg has turned into a black hole for receivers. They come and go with very little opportunity to showcase any of the skills they showed in college. Instead we bring in guys like Romby Bryant & Adarius Bowman at the tail end of their careers to run decoy routes.

*edit - add Kenny Stanford to that vet decoy receiver list.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 10:17:35 PM by Nic16 » Logged
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2019, 10:14:48 PM »

CFL
‏Verified account @CFL
3h3 hours ago

DT Micah Johnson will hit the #CFLFA market tomorrow at noon. (via @CFL_News)

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Nic16

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2019, 10:18:34 PM »

CFL
‏Verified account @CFL
3h3 hours ago

DT Micah Johnson will hit the #CFLFA market tomorrow at noon. (via @CFL_News)

Likely BC bound. The Claybrooks factor will definitely come into play during FA.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: