Blue Bombers Forum
December 19, 2018, 01:34:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Streveler podcast interview  (Read 933 times)
bigbuff33

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2018, 02:54:53 PM »

Enjoyed the podcast...great kid...and indicates he'd like to be here for a long time...
With both of the new leagues, I'd suggest to Walters and the braintrust that they sign Streve to an extension...he likes it here, is talented and it's finally a chance to develop our own QB
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2018, 03:59:08 PM »

Very impressive interview, Strev. is smart enough to look beyond the conventional and find the path that works best for his career and future. His decision to choose U of S.D. on the rebound for his college career is encouraging in that he does not always choose the brightest lights to play under, so a CFL career may suit him perfectly.  He was rarely interviewed this past year, so I was afraid he would trumpet the usual B.S. about playing in the NFL being his only real ambition. 

The trick in the upcoming year will be to retain him, which will be a substantial task, unless Nichols is injured for a good chunk of games next season it will be hard to make a rational decision to move on to Streveller.  I see a similar situation developing as with Franklin and Reilly when BC and Edm. were unable to retain them over incumbents and had to let them go to free agency.  I'd say it's 50/50 right now that he dresses in B&G in 2020.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 04:01:12 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
blue_or_die

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2018, 04:36:20 PM »

Very impressive interview, Strev. is smart enough to look beyond the conventional and find the path that works best for his career and future. His decision to choose U of S.D. on the rebound for his college career is encouraging in that he does not always choose the brightest lights to play under, so a CFL career may suit him perfectly.  He was rarely interviewed this past year, so I was afraid he would trumpet the usual B.S. about playing in the NFL being his only real ambition. 

The trick in the upcoming year will be to retain him, which will be a substantial task, unless Nichols is injured for a good chunk of games next season it will be hard to make a rational decision to move on to Streveller.  I see a similar situation developing as with Franklin and Reilly when BC and Edm. were unable to retain them over incumbents and had to let them go to free agency.  I'd say it's 50/50 right now that he dresses in B&G in 2020.

I would think if he gets as much playing time as last year -even without a major Nichols injury, getting lots of garbage time and even more special packages, 2nd/3rd 'n shorts, staying in after converting those 2nd and shorts , etc- we would know enough about what he brings to the table and his trajectory to make a well-informed decision. Other teams have had to do so with less film in years past.

It will of course depend almost as much as Nichols' performance and health next year. If both go out there and kill it next year, and we snap the drought, then we will have one magnificent problem on our hands. Of course, the total opposite is entirely possible, which would be a legit problem.

These factors will sort themselves out and make the decision for us, but I'm pretty sure a lot of it will be predicated on giving Strev as many or more opportunities than last year.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2018, 04:47:53 PM »

I would think if he gets as much playing time as last year -even without a major Nichols injury, getting lots of garbage time and even more special packages, 2nd/3rd 'n shorts, staying in after converting those 2nd and shorts , etc- we would know enough about what he brings to the table and his trajectory to make a well-informed decision. Other teams have had to do so with less film in years past.

It will of course depend almost as much as Nichols' performance and health next year. If both go out there and kill it next year, and we snap the drought, then we will have one magnificent problem on our hands. Of course, the total opposite is entirely possible, which would be a legit problem.

These factors will sort themselves out and make the decision for us, but I'm pretty sure a lot of it will be predicated on giving Strev as many or more opportunities than last year.

Agreed, good problem to have but without an injury to Nichols there is no way Streveller gets near as much playing time as he had this past season.  He played 3.5 games plus the usual short-yardage snaps, unless Nichols has a horrendous season....then a difficult decision becomes easy.
bluebeard

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2018, 04:57:58 PM »

Got to hook Streveler up with a good Winnipeg girl.  That should keep him with us for quite some time. Wink
Jesse

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2018, 05:18:13 PM »

Got to hook Streveler up with a good Winnipeg girl.  That should keep him with us for quite some time. Wink

It worked with Buck.

My wife is amazing!
blue_or_die

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2018, 07:02:53 PM »

Agreed, good problem to have but without an injury to Nichols there is no way Streveller gets near as much playing time as he had this past season.  He played 3.5 games plus the usual short-yardage snaps, unless Nichols has a horrendous season....then a difficult decision becomes easy.

I see what you're saying but I wouldn't call the non-injured Nichols playtime Strev got "the usual short yardage snaps". He also got significant garbage time and, most importantly, tons of opportunities to run expedited offences to close off series/drives after completing the short yardage plunges to convert. It's not the same as getting full games, but it's far and away more than we've given backups in recent memory, or even other teams give theirs league-wide.

Love this idea!!
GCn18

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2018, 07:11:23 PM »

Yep, keeps them here and inversely is why players leave Saskatchewan. Don't wanna hook up with those toothless mollies.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
blueraid

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2018, 08:25:00 PM »

How can you not be impressed with the guy...Streveler is as solid as they come and this team has a diamond in this guy for the foreseeable future...He has integrity plus by the sounds of him in that pod cast...I don't know how next year is going to play out between Chris and Matt BUT you gotta know that our qb. situation is in very good hands and I'm looking to see an even more improved Streveler at the controls in 19'...
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: