Blue Bombers Forum
December 16, 2018, 01:14:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Steinauer Named Tiger Cats Head Coach  (Read 567 times)
Ridermania

« on: December 03, 2018, 02:21:29 PM »

Orlando Steinauer named Tiger Cats new Head Coach.

https://www.tsn.ca/steinauer-to-replace-jones-as-ticats-head-coach-1.1219960
Jesse

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 02:58:04 PM »

Oh, wow.

I am a little surprised by this.

My wife is amazing!
GCn18

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 03:02:32 PM »

Things like this are why a football ops SMS is needed.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 03:18:36 PM »

Things like this are why a football ops SMS is needed.

I don't know, seems like a chicken and egg scenario here. Hamilton has essentially restructured their coaching staff without adding to it. Looks like they've maneuvered the coaching SMS quite well.

Posting Live From Home

If we score more points than them, we will probably win.
the paw

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 03:22:16 PM »

Smart move.  They moved up their succession plan a year because of the interest from BC and Toronto, but it was always clear that Orlando came back from Fresno to be head-coach-in-waiting.    If they can do it within the new ops cap, more power to them.

grab grass 'n growl
bwiser

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 03:34:13 PM »

I think this means the odds of losing LaPolice have just gone up considerably
Knocker42

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 04:11:09 PM »

I'll be surprised if Toronto hitches their wagon to LaPo.  They'll be looking for someone who comes across smoothly and confidently in front of the media. LaPo doesn't do that, ever.
He may have tons of other good qualities but, in the Big Smoke, image is king and, especially after the low-key Trestman, they'll be putting lots of emphasis on that.
Jockitch

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 04:30:11 PM »

I'll be surprised if Toronto hitches their wagon to LaPo.  They'll be looking for someone who comes across smoothly and confidently in front of the media. LaPo doesn't do that, ever.
He may have tons of other good qualities but, in the Big Smoke, image is king and, especially after the low-key Trestman, they'll be putting lots of emphasis on that.
WHAT Huh?? ......... odd opinion.  For me, he has seemingly been very personable, relaxed & clear in his dialogue

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP BOUND

HUSTLE & MUSCLE IN "18"
blueraid

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 04:31:25 PM »

My guess...Elizondo to Argo's.....Claybrooks to Leo's.....Lapo?HuhHuhHuhHuh.to WPG. Grin
bomb squad

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 04:31:55 PM »

I think you are way off the mark on that one.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 04:56:29 PM by bomb squad » Logged
GCn18

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2018, 04:54:25 PM »

I agree that Lapo is unlikely to get the job in the big smoke. Their biggest problem is defence imo. Lapo does nothing for them in that regard.

Darwinismyhomeboy

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2018, 05:42:14 PM »

Lapo was on TSN for years so I don't think talking to the press is going to be an issue.  And he'll be very well known in Toronto.  Well to their 12 fans at least.

Having said that, hope he doesn't go.
GCn18

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2018, 05:51:07 PM »

For sure. Lapo might be one of the most media savvy choices there is. TSN will lob him nothing but softballs because he is their boy.

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2018, 05:54:58 PM »

June Jones flips to O.C., very generous of him, I can't recall if that has ever been done voluntarily before or not.
GCn18

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2018, 05:57:02 PM »

June Jones flips to O.C., very generous of him, I can't recall if that has ever been done voluntarily before or not.

Jones has always let it been known that he really didn't want to be HC. Guess he wasn't kidding. Not that it should be a surprise, he only came here to advise Austin.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 06:00:16 PM by GCn18 » Logged

bluebeard

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2018, 08:46:13 PM »

How about Chamblin in TO?  He butted heads with Trestman and dod not return to TO last season after a successful season prior to last.
lenny

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 12:14:46 AM »

Does Lapo really want to go to a team with no starting QB? Franklin just won't cut it. I would think he would want assurances that some kind of QB possibilities are in the works.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: