Blue Bombers Forum
December 19, 2018, 01:35:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: LaPo to interview for Head Coach in Toronto  (Read 4292 times)
dd

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2018, 02:26:34 PM »

I think Buck would go with him and be his OC in Toronto. 
That is a very distinct probability. He didn?t go to Montreal as he likely didn?t have any faith in the HC or personnel there.
DM83

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2018, 03:04:10 PM »

;)being anOC is a different ball of wax.  It's all encompassing. But it's different than being a def coordinator. Doe Lapo have the ability to make both work, as a head coach? I have doubts.
He is the. Most qualified candidate though   Hmmmm.,

Same goes with Buck and Khari.   Definitley good position coaches.  But do they have the cut throat mentality to identify Andrews and capitalize on what a Defense. Gives?  They should.

Khari has been up and down.
In Buck I trust. He's a warrior, I mentioned before that in the Gey Cup 2011, when the game was seemingly over, they let Buck call his own plays and we promptly closed the. Gap and scored two TDs....was it garbage time? Or an indication of what he could do?

Both guys and Lapo have infinitely more experience than any other candidates available.  But guys like Comdell and others could step up.  Wait and see.
Tehedra

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2018, 05:30:26 PM »

Unfortunately the Salary cap might make it more likely that LaPo moves this time because there is most likely a higher earning potential that changes with moving to HC given OC salaries will be more restrictive
blue girl

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2018, 07:59:48 PM »

I'm not sure about that. Apparently with the new SMS whoever is named HC will probably have to have the coaches they have now.
theaardvark

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2018, 09:47:01 PM »

Unfortunately the Salary cap might make it more likely that LaPo moves this time because there is most likely a higher earning potential that changes with moving to HC given OC salaries will be more restrictive

Not sure what the cap is going to be, or what expenses will be included, but I think we're going to be OK in being able to take care of our current staff...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn18

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2018, 12:32:47 PM »

I'm not sure about that. Apparently with the new SMS whoever is named HC will probably have to have the coaches they have now.

No...not necessarily. It depends who is under contract for next year.  A good portion of their staff may be on expiring deals as most coordinators are on two year deals and most positional coaches are year to year.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Double Dare

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2018, 02:20:37 PM »

Buck was never known as a cerebral QB - his success came from improvisation and sacrificing his body. Does that translate into being able to QB coach? Sure does. Does it translate into being the strategist that is needed to be a successful OC? I'm not so sure.
Bomber Diehard

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2018, 02:30:05 PM »

I wonder who all the possible coaches could be that the Argos are interviewing.
There could be a rather long list.
GCn18

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2018, 03:03:56 PM »

So far Lapo, and Chamblin are the two confirmed. Probably be a few more. Toronto, for the sake of the franchise, has to hit this out of the park this time.

Waffler

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2018, 03:13:03 PM »

Tommy Condell & Noel Thorpe have already been interviewed. RedBlacks OC Jamie Elizondo and Corey Chamblin  will be also. 

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.  - Omar Khayyam

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2018, 03:15:58 PM »

Tommy Condell & Noel Thorpe have already been interviewed. RedBlacks OC Jamie Elizondo and Corey Chamblin  will be also. 

I would be surprised if Condell and Thorpe are serious contenders. If I were a betting man. I would wager on Chamblin.

Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2018, 03:16:51 PM »

There's some impressive names on that list. LaPo will be in tough to secure that job (but you can say that about any of the candidates).

With the two HC vacancies (Hamilton wasn't vacant), there's no one candidate that jumps off the page above everyone else.

Posting Live From Home

If we score more points than them, we will probably win.
Jesse

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2018, 03:38:08 PM »

I would not be excited to be the Toronto HC.

It really seems like there is some interference from up above. Trestman clearly had Franklin imposed on him.

My wife is amazing!
Donny C

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2018, 03:40:35 PM »

Here's my take on the scenario, one that I've held for a while.

I think Lapo signed here thinking that if O'Shea doesn't work as head coach then he (Lapo) would likely  get promoted.

Similarly, I think that it has been the idea to see if Buck may become the OC at some time. He started as running backs coach (IIRC), the QB coach. I have to think that his internal thought process was that if Lapop stops being the OC (for whatever reason) that he likely has a good chance for that promotion.
limodriver

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2018, 04:54:40 PM »

Lapo signing in Toronto would be the equivalent of throwing him an anchor....  If he wants to go back to being a Head Coach, I would advise him to wait for a more stable franchise to be looking
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: