Blue Bombers Forum
December 16, 2018, 01:16:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RedBlacks Greg Ellingson Charged  (Read 670 times)
Ridermania

« on: December 01, 2018, 01:55:51 PM »

Ottawa RedBlacks receiver Greg Ellingson charged for failing to provide a breath sample.

http://3downnation.com/2018/12/01/redblacks-receiver-greg-ellingson-charged-failing-provide-breath-sample/
Blue In BC

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 02:59:26 PM »

Next in line for a 1 game suspension in 2019?

No more excuses.
Tiger

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 02:10:51 PM »

Good thing it was before Dec 18, as a foreigner it is a deportable offence then under new laws

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
DM83

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 03:07:39 PM »

Desperate reporter looking to win a Pulitzer.
Da whomdoesnt drive after a  a season ending party?

Two drinks in an hour and you are over the Limit. 
Did he hurt anyone?  Then slap him silly and tell him to knock it off.  Take a cab.
Now go out and catch some real,threats to society.
Pigskin

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 07:02:40 PM »

So your says that driving drunk isn't a serious crime? Until he kills someone and then it is?

blue newt

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 07:23:20 PM »

Did he hurt anyone?  Then slap him silly and tell him to knock it off.  Take a cab.

Uh...most people don't?  There are so many options that don't involve driving after drinking that there's really no valid excuse.  Taxis, Ubers, designated drivers, calling someone to pick you up, public transit, crashing at a friend's nearby, getting a hotel room...

And as for threats to society...according to MADD, approximately 55% of motor vehicle fatalities in Canada result from drug or alcohol use.  Up to 4 people a day are killed.  I'd say that's a reasonable threat to society.

I almost feel like that post was a trolling...
kkc60

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 07:43:48 PM »

Who doesn't drink and drive? Normal reasonable and smart people.

2 drinks in an hour, who cares how much to takes to get to a limit? Once you're at or over the limit getting behind the wheel is selfish because you are putting everyone on the road at risk.

Slap him silly and tell him to knock it off? Works fine until he gets someone killed.

Someone driving while under the influence isnt a danger to people? Please send me a message whenever you're drinking so I don't drive
blue girl

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 08:12:28 PM »

Who doesn't drink and drive? Normal reasonable and smart people.

2 drinks in an hour, who cares how much to takes to get to a limit? Once you're at or over the limit getting behind the wheel is selfish because you are putting everyone on the road at risk.

Slap him silly and tell him to knock it off? Works fine until he gets someone killed.

Someone driving while under the influence isnt a danger to people? Please send me a message whenever you're drinking so I don't drive
I totally agree. IMO if you get behind the wheel drunk and kill someone you should get a life sentence. However we don't even know if he was legally drunk since he wouldn't allow a breathalyzer.
kkc60

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 08:57:02 PM »

I totally agree. IMO if you get behind the wheel drunk and kill someone you should get a life sentence. However we don't even know if he was legally drunk since he wouldn't allow a breathalyzer.
True but normally you don't deny a breathalyzer if you know you're good.

That being said this isn't like Charleston Hughes
Jets
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 12:05:12 AM »

This isn?t going to go anywhere productive.  A football forum isn?t the place to discuss the merits and follies of drinking and driving - regardless of if it?s a football player who is committing the act.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: