Blue Bombers Forum
September 21, 2019, 12:27:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Valour's Finances Impact the Bombers?  (Read 949 times)
Lamename

« on: January 20, 2019, 10:08:12 PM »

Something that I haven't really seen addressed is how the Bombers starting a soccer team impacts the football team? Will Valours finances be as public as the Bombers?
the paw

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 01:56:27 AM »

Something that I haven't really seen addressed is how the Bombers starting a soccer team impacts the football team? Will Valours finances be as public as the Bombers?

Valour FC is a community non-profit, so their finances will be somewhat transparent, at least as much as the Bombers are.

I am not sure if the Bombers are putting up some initial cash or not.  But they are very likely to be providing in-kind resources such as access to the stadium, locker rooms, ticketing services, admin, some marketing.  In return, IGF gets to sell some concessions 14 times a year, and there is potential to cross promote WBB and Valour to new generations of fans.

I would not imagine there is a huge deal of financial risk to the club.

grab grass 'n growl
blue_or_die

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 01:27:35 PM »

It won't be a revenue windfall but it won't hurt to get more butts in the seats at IGF. Many of the fans of this team are likely to me complementary to the Bomber fans base; i.e. maybe never would have stepped into IGF to watch gridiron football. So in this sense the major value isn't ticket revenue, it's exposing them to what we have here (like Paw said, cross-promotion).
Jesse

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 01:54:14 PM »

I think the point is to increase revenue.

I imagine years without concerts thin out our profits quite a bit, so this will keep a steady stream of people in the stadium throughout the summer.

My wife is amazing!
bigbuff33

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 02:34:43 PM »

Much like the Jets and Moose...they will fall under one umbrella...the Moose only add to the TN bottom line...I would imagine the Valour will do the same for the Bombers organization
blue_or_die

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 04:33:28 PM »

For Valour to add to the bottom line, their revenues need to be greater than their expenses. Will they be (significantly)? For that matter, is that even the case for the Moose? You could argue that having your AHL affiliate in the same building etc is a huge money saver compared to having them across the continent, but is it actually profitable right now?

I think the best case is that it's in the black, but likely not a windfall.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 05:30:50 PM »

I wonder if they will run the stadium at a reduced capacity, if the attendance is less than 5,000 per game I can't see them having all the vendors and concessions open.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 05:32:58 PM »

I wonder if they will run the stadium at a reduced capacity, if the attendance is less than 5,000 per game I can't see them having all the vendors and concessions open.

For sure they will.
theaardvark

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 05:46:56 PM »

Probably very similar to moose games, lower bowl, select vendors...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Knocker42

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 06:45:59 PM »

Lower bowl, west side only is all they'll need - maybe after the first game.  I love soccer but it simply is not a big draw here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: