Blue Bombers Forum
December 16, 2018, 01:16:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 list of FA  (Read 639 times)
Doublezero

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2018, 02:46:41 PM »

With this much roster turnover every year it's getting harder to connect with the team. I have no idea if my fave player is going to be with the club next year.

Just gimme the rock.
SSC

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2018, 06:55:16 PM »

With this much roster turnover every year it's getting harder to connect with the team. I have no idea if my fave player is going to be with the club next year.

I agree. I was considering buying a jersey with Bighill's name on it for Xmas. I'm glad I put the brakes on that one.
blue newt

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2018, 07:33:34 PM »

Agreed.  There's so much player shuffling that the idea of a franchise player is increasingly rare.  On the Bombers, we've got Nichols signed to a few more years, and Harris has made it pretty clear that as long as the situation is positive, he'll stay; but otherwise, have we got any players that we know will re-sign consistently?  I would have considered Leggett one, but even that came to an end.  Maybe Thomas?  He's been here forever...

From the players' perspective, I understand the appeal.  If they sign a 3-year deal, it's not like they are guaranteed 3 years of employment anyway, so why sign longer than one?  Bigger names can possibly negotiate a new signing bonus each year and it makes it easier to explore NFL opportunities or free agency.  There really isn't a lot of incentive to sign a multi-year unless the club they want to play for insists on it.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: