Blue Bombers Forum
September 19, 2019, 08:22:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 89
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2018-2019  (Read 78299 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #810 on: May 10, 2019, 07:17:25 PM »

Any idea on term and $?

3 years and between $160k and $300k... Wink

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
kkc60

« Reply #811 on: May 10, 2019, 07:47:39 PM »

Miller is pretty safe in my eyes, Rush a little less so.  Both are ST demons, and if we cut them they will get a gig in the CFL immediately.  I don't think either are breaking the bank, and we'd see just a small SMS advantage going younger,  but we have signed some pricey players of late... and this might be where they economize.  Would hate to see Miller go though, and Rush is quite the story, but its on the field that counts. 
Rush is not a ST "demon". Awesome guy but he mostly just does KO returns as a blocker. Completely replaceable
booch

« Reply #812 on: May 10, 2019, 07:52:18 PM »

Miller is one of the best..Rush is okay...but if both Augustine and Oliveira show that can play on the cover teams I would/think hope Augustine takes Lafrances spot, and Oliveira takes Rush's...as either or would offer more in the "fullback" role Rush and Miller come in for..Augustine looked fine on teams last year, got down field fast and kept his lanes...not sure of Oliveira's history doing that, but it is teachable and is something a guy wants to go out and kill it at...and from sounds of it..he's that kind of guy
Blue In BC

« Reply #813 on: May 10, 2019, 08:11:57 PM »

With all the Nat signings could some of the ST LBers be on the bubble or even Rush or Miller if Oliveira shows well? We need guys that could do more then just STs, STs is important but we need more 2 way players.

Rush may have difficulty making the roster. Possibly more so due to the DL we drafted but the DB's might come into play as well. That might be more likely to see Heckt & Janke with some serious competition.

Miller is very good / valuable on ST's so I think he's safe. He may see less activity as a FB but his ST role is very important.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 08:14:02 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
kkc60

« Reply #814 on: May 10, 2019, 08:26:50 PM »

Rush may have difficulty making the roster. Possibly more so due to the DL we drafted but the DB's might come into play as well. That might be more likely to see Heckt & Janke with some serious competition.

Miller is very good / valuable on ST's so I think he's safe. He may see less activity as a FB but his ST role is very important.
I like Conteh over Janke
Blue In BC

« Reply #815 on: May 10, 2019, 08:35:18 PM »

I like Conteh over Janke

Conteh is faster and a better cover guy by reports. So yes he's probably ranked higher than Janke who might also be a decent player. Hard to tell how this sorts out exactly. We know we can't keep every player we might to.

No more excuses.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #816 on: May 10, 2019, 09:09:06 PM »

Could LaChance be converted to FB and figure in our ST team ?
He got the motor.
gobombersgo

« Reply #817 on: May 10, 2019, 09:45:37 PM »

BOMBERS AGREE TO TERMS ON THREE-YEAR CONTRACT WITH WIDE RECEIVER CHRIS MATTHEWS

WINNIPEG, MB., May 10, 2019 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms on a three-year contract with international wide receiver Chris Matthews. Matthews originally broke into the CFL with Winnipeg in 2012, being named the CFL's Most Outstanding Rookie that season.

Matthews (6-5, 230, Kentucky, October 6, 1989 in Long Beach, CA) signed with the Grey Cup winning Calgary Stampeders last October, starting the Stamps' final four regular season games, the Western Final and Grey Cup, and recording 19 receptions for 350 yards and one touchdown. He recorded at least three catches in all but one of his six games with Calgary last season, and his top outing came at Winnipeg when he registered five catches for 113 yards.

"Chris is not only a big-bodied receiver, but has experience in our league and with Coach LaPolice," said Blue Bombers General Manager Kyle Walters. "He is a very physical receiver, will go up and get the football, and we are very excited to add him to our offence in 2019."

Matthews was the CFL's Most Outstanding Rookie in 2012, breaking into the league by recording 81 catches, 1,192 receiving yards and seven touchdowns. After playing four games for Winnipeg during an injury-abbreviated 2013 campaign, Matthews went to the National Football League and played a total of 25 regular-season and playoff games for the Seattle Seahawks and Baltimore Ravens from 2014 to 2017.

Matthews played a key role for the Seahawks in the NFL playoffs following the 2014 season as his onside kick recovery allowed Seattle to complete a comeback victory over the Green Bay Packers in the NFC championship game and he had four catches for 109 yards and a touchdown in Super Bowl XLIX.

Matthews scored the first ever Bomber touchdown at Investors Group Field on a touchdown pass by now Bombers quarterbacks coach Buck Pierce.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/05/10/bombers-agree-terms-three-year-contract-wide-receiver-chris-matthews/

BOMBERS SIGN TWO 2019 DRAFT PICKS

WINNIPEG, MB., May 10, 2019 -  The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed two of their 2019 CFL Draft selections, defensive back Nick Hallett and defensive lineman Tariq LaChance.

Hallett (6-0, 195, University of Toronto, February 12, 1994 in London, ON) was selected 61st overall in last week's draft. He played in 28 games with the Varsity Blues over six seasons. In three games in 2018, Hallett recorded 13 tackles, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and one touchdown. In 2017, he led the Blues and ranked fourth in the OUA with 60 tackles, adding one sack, two fumble recoveries, one interception and five break ups.

LaChance (6-4, 260, University of Manitoba, November 11, 1993 in Winnipeg, MB) was selected in the sixth round, 52nd overall in last week's draft. He attended Vincent Massey Collegiate in Winnipeg and played for the Rifles before joining the University of Manitoba Bisons. He appeared in four games, recording four tackles, one sack, a tackle for a loss and two forced fumbles.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/05/10/bombers-sign-two-2019-draft-picks/

Nic16

« Reply #818 on: May 11, 2019, 03:15:04 PM »

Very interested to see both of these guys if/when TC starts. Lachance could develop into a very good ST?er and a bit of a Swiss Army knife on O or D.

Hallett, from what I?ve read is a very good all-around multi sport athlete. He has decent size and quickness that could make him another development project at Safety.
gobombersgo

« Reply #819 on: May 13, 2019, 05:18:23 PM »

BOMBERS ADD FOUR 2019 DRAFT CHOICES

WINNIPEG, MB., May 13, 2019 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed four of their 2019 CFL Draft selections, defensive lineman Connor Griffiths, offensive lineman Asotui Eli, running back Brady Oliveira and defensive back Kerfalla Exum?.

Griffiths
(6-4, 290, UBC, July 6, 1997 in Langley, BC) was selected 25th overall in the 2019 CFL Draft. He played 42 games with the Thunderbirds, recording 48 tackles and six sacks over four seasons. Griffiths was named a Canada West All Star in his senior year and was named to the 2018 East-West Bowl after amassing 17.5 total tackles and two sacks, adding another 5.5 tackles and a sack in two playoff games. Griffiths was also named an All-Canadian in 2017.

Eli (6-4, 315, University of Hawai'i, in Richmond, British Columbia) was selected 34th overall in the 2019 CFL Draft. He appeared in 36 games over three seasons with the Rainbow Warriors. A redshirt junior in 2018, Eli was a key member of the line that helped UH to its best rushing average (168.2) in 22 years in 2017 and recorded 22 knockdowns on the season. Eli was named to the pre-season Rimington Award watch list for the second straight year in 2017 and was also named the Polynesian College Football Player of the Year Watch List prior to the season.

Oliveira (5-10, 228, North Dakota, August 15, 1997 in Winnipeg, MB) was selected 14th overall in the 2019 CFL Draft. He played 42 games at North Dakota, recording 2,822 rushing yards and 22 touchdowns over four seasons. He earned All-Big-Sky Honours in 2016 and 2017, and was a Jon Cornish Award Finalist in 2019, given to the most outstanding Canadian player in collegiate football. His best season came in his final one at UND, recording 980 rushing yards on 161 attempts, with eight touchdowns in just 11 games.

Exum? (5-11, 188, University of Montreal, February 24, 1994 in Montreal, QC) was selected 70th overall in the 2019 CFL Draft. He played in 22 games over four seasons with the Carabins. In 2018, he registered 11 tackles, two pass breakups and two interceptions, one of which he returned for a touchdown.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/05/13/bombers-add-four-2019-draft-choices/

gobombersgo

« Reply #820 on: May 13, 2019, 05:32:03 PM »

Bomber 2019 Draft picks:

Round 1, 4th overall: OL Drew Desjarlais, University of Windsor
Round 1, 5th overall: DE Jonathan Kongbo, University of Tennessee
Round 2, 14th overall: RB Brady Oliveira, University of North Dakota  - signed
Round 3, 25th overall: DL Connor Griffths, UBC  - signed
Round 4, 34th overall: C Asotui Eli, Hawaii  - signed
Round 5, 43rd overall: WR Malik Richards, Mount Allison
Round 6, 52nd overall: DL Tariq Lachance, Manitoba  - signed
Round 7, 61st overall: DB Nick Hallett, Toronto  - signed
Round 8, 70th overall: DB Kerfalla Emmanuel Exume, Montreal  - signed

gobombersgo

« Reply #821 on: May 14, 2019, 05:30:13 AM »

Sean McGuire   @JohnnyMac_18  8 hours ago
Can't wait to start this next chapter of my life in Winnipeg! Let's get to work @Wpg_BlueBombers  #ForTheW

Darrin Bauming, TSN.   @DarrinBauming  7 hours ago
Even if veterans Matt Nichols, Chris Streveler, and Bryan Bennett choose to not participate in rookie camp, it appears the #Bombers will have three quarterbacks to toss the pill. McGuire joins Kevin Anderson, and @GeeGeesFootball's @SawyerBuett on the @USPORTS_FB QB internship.

M.O.A.B.

« Reply #822 on: May 14, 2019, 02:22:14 PM »

Delroy Baker Jr.‏ @BigBake_71 54m54 minutes ago

I am excited to announce that I?ve been blessed to sign my first contract today to begin my Pro Football career with the @Wpg_BlueBombers in Canada!! Thanks to the organization for the opportunity to further my dreams!! God bless and Go Bombers #ForTheW
Blue In BC

« Reply #823 on: May 14, 2019, 02:27:03 PM »

Delroy Baker Jr.‏ @BigBake_71 54m54 minutes ago

I am excited to announce that I?ve been blessed to sign my first contract today to begin my Pro Football career with the @Wpg_BlueBombers in Canada!! Thanks to the organization for the opportunity to further my dreams!! God bless and Go Bombers #ForTheW

Import OT.  I do wonder if this is the result of a deletion / no show: Briggs or Calhoun were the two rookie OL previously signed.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 02:59:20 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #824 on: May 14, 2019, 03:01:13 PM »

Mike Sawatzky @sawa14

Agent for #Bombers top pick, OL Drew Desjarlais, confirms his client has a private workout with the #NFLJets today and will probably decide shortly if he will sign with #Bombers. Fred Weinrauch says basics of a deal with Winnipeg have been worked out. #WFP
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 89
  Print  

Jump to: