Blue Bombers Forum
February 23, 2019, 11:01:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2018-2019  (Read 18223 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #525 on: February 12, 2019, 10:27:13 PM »

If we don't sign another Canadian OL then Peterman will likely start.

Why?  Gray should be able to start this year.  He's had time in the NFL, he's had time here last year.  Chungh started right out of the draft...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #526 on: February 12, 2019, 10:29:51 PM »

Why?  Gray should be able to start this year.  He's had time in the NFL, he's had time here last year.  Chungh started right out of the draft...

Didn't sound like they expected him to start in 2019.

No more excuses.
kkc60

« Reply #527 on: February 12, 2019, 10:30:41 PM »

Didn't sound like they expected him to start in 2019.
And it seems like they are set with 3 Imp OL if Taits saying it. Bad move imo
theaardvark

« Reply #528 on: February 12, 2019, 10:36:07 PM »

There is no way they are starting 3 Int Oline.  Don't know where that is coming from.  They love Foketi, and they loved when Bond was OG.  But the reality is, we have too many well paid Nat Oline to have them not play 3 of them.  And we have the draft coming.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blueandgoldguy

« Reply #529 on: February 12, 2019, 10:41:26 PM »

Yes, if we go with 3 imports on the line then for nationals we have...

running back
2 receivers
2 offensive linemen
Huh??
Huh??

I will assume the 2 remaining spots will be on defense.  Bombers missed out on Adeleke for safety which is tough.  Loffler might re-sign if other teams run out of money to meet his demands...or perhaps it will be a defensive back we had drafted.  That is nearly 100% a likely downgrade.  Maybe there is another free agent out there for safety...

I guess the other national will be on the d-line?  With Corney retired not sure who we will go with?  Thomas?  A draft pick starting right out of the gate?  Maybe a defensive back instead?  Conteh or someone else.

Right now, it is obvious the starting 7 nationals look to be a significant downgrade from last year and the year before.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #530 on: February 12, 2019, 10:45:46 PM »

I don't know, just depends on who it turns out to be... but I'd have no problem with starting 3 national receivers, Woli, Demski, and platoon Petermann and Simonise... that way we can get Petermann and Simonise some quality playing time and experience which will benefit everyone...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
blue girl

« Reply #531 on: February 12, 2019, 10:46:40 PM »

There is no way they are starting 3 Int Oline.  Don't know where that is coming from.  They love Foketi, and they loved when Bond was OG.  But the reality is, we have too many well paid Nat Oline to have them not play 3 of them.  And we have the draft coming.

It was Jeff Hamilton on Saturday who said that if they couldn't re-sign Chungh that they would probably start 3 Imports on the OL. Apparently they don't think that Gray is ready to start yet.
gobombersgo

« Reply #532 on: February 13, 2019, 06:16:07 AM »

Free agent signings Day 1:

BOMBERS AGREE TO TERMS WITH RECEIVER NIC DEMSKI ON TWO-YEAR DEAL

WINNIPEG, MB., February 12, 2019 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has re-signed national receiver Nic Demski to a new two-year contract. Demski officially became a free agent on Tuesday, but will now remain with the Bombers through the 2020 season.

Demski (6-0, 208, University of Manitoba, May 14, 1993 in Winnipeg, Mb) enjoyed a break-out campaign in 2018, his first with his hometown Bombers after three years with the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

Demski finished third in both rushing and receiving yards for the Bombers, pulling in 59 passes for 554 yards and three touchdowns, while rushing 34 times for 248 yards and one more score. He also returned 26 kicks for 374 yards.
In 57 career CFL games, Demski has 128 receptions for 1,279 yards, and 43 carries for 286 yards and one touchdown.

He was originally selected by the Roughriders in the first round, sixth overall, in the 2015 Canadian Football League Draft after a spectacular college career with the Bisons. He was the first Bisons player to be named to four CIS (now U Sports) all-star teams, as a CIS Second-Team All-Canadian slotback in 2013 and 2014 and as a kick-returner in 2011 and a First Team All-Canadian returner in 2012.
https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/02/12/bombers-agree-terms-receiver-nic-demski-two-year-deal/

DEMSKI STAYING HOME
https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/02/12/demski-staying-home/

BLUE BOMBERS SIGN DEFENSIVE END WILLIE JEFFERSON TO ONE-YEAR CONTRACT

WINNIPEG, MB., February 12, 2019 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms with International defensive end Willie Jefferson. Jefferson joins the Bombers after spending the last three seasons in Saskatchewan, authoring all-star campaigns in both 2017 and 2018.

Jefferson
(6-6, 245, Stephen F. Austin, January 31, 1991 in Beaumont, TX) signed with the Saskatchewan Roughriders following a stint in the NFL. Jefferson was the Riders' Most Outstanding Player and Most Outstanding Defensive Player in 2018, starting every game and recording a career-high ten quarterback sacks along with two interceptions (both returned for touchdowns), two forced fumbles, 34 defensive tackles and six tackles for loss over the course of 18 games.

"Being able to add such a dynamic defensive player to what we already feel is a strong unit is certainly very exciting for us," said Blue Bombers General Manager Kyle Walters. "Willie's skill set and athleticism allow him to make plays that not many players can make. We're thrilled to add him to our defensive line for 2019."

Jefferson has played 76 career CFL games over parts of five seasons with Edmonton and Saskatchewan, recording 127 defensive tackles, 31 sacks, two interceptions, six forced fumbles and two defensive touchdowns. Jefferson won a Grey Cup in 2015 with the Edmonton Eskimos.
https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/02/12/blue-bombers-sign-defensive-end-willie-jefferson-one-year-contract/

BOMBERS MAKE A SPLASH IN FREE AGENCY, SIGN WILLIE JEFFERSON
https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/02/12/bombers-make-splash-free-agency-sign-willie-jefferson/

gobombersgo

« Reply #533 on: February 13, 2019, 07:19:39 AM »

Current Roster:
QBs                    4                 
Nationals           24       
Internationals     37 
                       -----

Quarterbacks      4   
Running backs  2N  1I   
Full backs        2N         
Receivers         4N  9I       
Oline               6N  4I               
Kicker                   1I               
Long snapper   1N     
Dline              1N  7I               
Linebackers     3N  4I     
Def backs        5N 11I

gobombersgo

« Reply #534 on: February 13, 2019, 09:40:03 PM »

BOMBERS SIGN INTERNATIONAL DEFENSIVE BACK WINSTON ROSE

WINNIPEG, MB., February 13, 2019 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms with international defensive back Winston Rose on a one-year contract.

Rose (6-0, 174, New Mexico State; November 29, 1993 in Inglewood, CA) will be entering his third season in the Canadian Football League. In 2017, he played four games with the Ottawa REDBLACKS and dressed for all 18 regular season games last season with the B.C. Lions, starting 15 at cornerback. Rose also started at cornerback for the Lions in the East Division Semi-Final.

Rose finished the 2018 season with 32 defensive tackles, adding eight more on special teams, and tied for the team lead with five interceptions. He chipped in with four pass knock-downs and two tackles for a loss.

Rose first came to the CFL with the Toronto Argonauts in 2016 and spent two months on their practice roster after stints in the National Football League with the Los Angeles Rams and Indianapolis Colts. He began his college career at Los Angeles Valley College before transferring to New Mexico State in 2013. He appeared in 23 games over three seasons with the Lobos, recording 94 total tackles, five interceptions, two tackles for a loss, eight pass knock-downs and a forced fumble.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/02/13/bombers-sign-international-defensive-back-winston-rose/

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #535 on: February 13, 2019, 10:34:35 PM »

BOMBERS SIGN INTERNATIONAL DEFENSIVE BACK WINSTON ROSE

WINNIPEG, MB., February 13, 2019 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms with international defensive back Winston Rose on a one-year contract.

Rose (6-0, 174, New Mexico State; November 29, 1993 in Inglewood, CA) will be entering his third season in the Canadian Football League. In 2017, he played four games with the Ottawa REDBLACKS and dressed for all 18 regular season games last season with the B.C. Lions, starting 15 at cornerback. Rose also started at cornerback for the Lions in the East Division Semi-Final.

Rose finished the 2018 season with 32 defensive tackles, adding eight more on special teams, and tied for the team lead with five interceptions. He chipped in with four pass knock-downs and two tackles for a loss.

Rose first came to the CFL with the Toronto Argonauts in 2016 and spent two months on their practice roster after stints in the National Football League with the Los Angeles Rams and Indianapolis Colts. He began his college career at Los Angeles Valley College before transferring to New Mexico State in 2013. He appeared in 23 games over three seasons with the Lobos, recording 94 total tackles, five interceptions, two tackles for a loss, eight pass knock-downs and a forced fumble.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/02/13/bombers-sign-international-defensive-back-winston-rose/
Rose looks like a solid piece....

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #536 on: February 13, 2019, 10:40:21 PM »

some un-announced signings

2019-02-13   WPG   CALHOUN, Kendall   OL   I   Cincinnati   Add To   Active Roster
2019-02-13   WPG   WILSON, Tim   WR   I   East Stroudsburg   Add To   Active Roster
Nic16

« Reply #537 on: February 13, 2019, 10:57:49 PM »

Could Tim Wilson be our own Speedy B...??

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/16/tim-wilson-living-out-a-dream/amp/
gobombersgo

« Reply #538 on: February 14, 2019, 07:19:43 AM »

There is a report on twitter that the Bombers signed Malik Reaves. He's a 6'0" DB that spent time with the Chiefs and Steelers last pre-season.

Leroy

« Reply #539 on: February 14, 2019, 11:51:34 AM »

I don't trust guys who speed up their highlight videos.

So I will say no.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 01:33:30 PM by Leroy » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 39
  Print  

Jump to: