Blue Bombers Forum
August 18, 2019, 04:48:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 77
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2018-2019  (Read 67538 times)
Nic16

« Reply #390 on: February 11, 2019, 02:52:00 AM »

Sounds like Chungh, JSK & Loffler may have outpriced themselves by $25-$50K not only for the BB?s, but quite possibly the rest of the league.

That said, I could see BC going in on Chungh somewhere between $200-225G & convincing Loffler to come home for $160G.

My guess on JSK is his agent will find out how ridiculous the asking price of $175G is and realize that having his client play another year beside the CFL MODP is the smart thing to do for his clients future NFL aspirations.
dd

« Reply #391 on: February 11, 2019, 03:15:28 AM »

I can see bc signing Chung but I think that we ll be able to give Loffler a better offer than the lions, reilly burnham and Chung won?t come cheap and they still have to sign solly and manny
booch

« Reply #392 on: February 11, 2019, 01:33:40 PM »

regardless what that article says..there is no way Thomas will be the starter on the d-line...never...and if that happens...total regression.

If we are way out priced for Loffler and Chungh...and possibly JSK....Then I sign Lokombo and Filer as he would blend in well with this line (plus he has a cool stache)
I also re-evaluate Demski value over price..He doesn't drive our offence and goes with wayyyy too many stretches of dissappearing...the role he played can be replaced by another player, and you use his money to bring in either a) Adeleke...or b) Ackie...you have rotational depth for defence and can conceivably start Adelek/Ackie at safety..Lokombo at JSK's position (whom has familiarity with Biggie) or if we lucky and Jones or Conteh look good at safety then have a linebacking corp of Biggie..Lokombo..

You start the season with a Lokombo/biggie/Adeleke orAckie linebacking corp...then on offence we only need Woli/Harris/Neufeld and Filer with Gray or Couture battling as back-up...Or we roll with simonese out wide and start 3 imports...way may flexibility and way more cap friendly
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 01:38:47 PM by booch » Logged
the paw

« Reply #393 on: February 11, 2019, 01:42:37 PM »

regardless what that article says..there is no way Thomas will be the starter on the d-line...never...and if that happens...total regression.

If we are way out priced for Loffler and Chungh...and possibly JSK....Then I sign Lokombo and Filer as he would blend in well with this line (plus he has a cool stache)
I also re-evaluate Demski value over price..He doesn't drive our offence and goes with wayyyy too many stretches of dissappearing...the role he played can be replaced by another player, and you use his money to bring in either a) Adeleke...or b) Ackie...you have rotational depth for defence and can conceivably start Adelek/Ackie at safety..Lokombo at JSK's position (whom has familiarity with Biggie) or if we lucky and Jones or Conteh look good at safety then have a linebacking corp of Biggie..Lokombo..

You start the season with a Lokombo/biggie/Adeleke orAckie linebacking corp...then on offence we only need Woli/Harris/Neufeld and Filer with Gray or Couture battling as back-up...Or we roll with simonese out wide and start 3 imports...way may flexibility and way more cap friendly

Agree with most of what you have written, but I think Lokombo or Ackie will want money close to what Santos Knox is asking.  Also, I?ll be shocked if Filer signs anywhere but Hamilton.

If we do have to pick up OL help, I would love to get Spencer Wilson.

grab grass 'n growl
booch

« Reply #394 on: February 11, 2019, 01:50:31 PM »

yeah but it balances out with punting Loffler..JSK and Chungh all wanting 175k plus
Pigskin

« Reply #395 on: February 11, 2019, 01:59:30 PM »

Well Chungh should be paid like all the rest of the top Canadian OL. Loffler has been the best Canadian safety in the CFL. But $175. is crazy. JSK again had a pretty good year, but again $175 is to much.

Give Chungh what he wants and spend JSK's we have Wilson now, spend JSK's money on Alexander.
Blue In BC

« Reply #396 on: February 11, 2019, 02:05:51 PM »

Agree with most of what you have written, but I think Lokombo or Ackie will want money close to what Santos Knox is asking.  Also, I?ll be shocked if Filer signs anywhere but Hamilton.

If we do have to pick up OL help, I would love to get Spencer Wilson.

Except that Lokombo is a National player and that makes his value higher than JSK.

No more excuses.
the paw

« Reply #397 on: February 11, 2019, 03:01:25 PM »

Except that Lokombo is a National player and that makes his value higher than JSK.

Yes, but if JSK is asking $175k, you might actually be able to sign Lokombo for that and address both WIL and the ratio.  I don't think JSK will get $175k, but he might have to test free agency to find that out. 

grab grass 'n growl
booch

« Reply #398 on: February 11, 2019, 03:13:08 PM »

I think JSK will find out that probably for his second deal 135-145k is more realistic at the high end, especially coming into the season off an injury where he couldn't really train most the off-season...and would fit in our SMS.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #399 on: February 11, 2019, 03:32:19 PM »

Well Chungh should be paid like all the rest of the top Canadian OL. Loffler has been the best Canadian safety in the CFL. But $175. is crazy. JSK again had a pretty good year, but again $175 is to much.

Give Chungh what he wants and spend JSK's we have Wilson now, spend JSK's money on Alexander.

Chungh is already being paid well for his position as he's re-upped with the team at least once and was being paid market value.  If he wants to be the highest paid O-lineman in the league perhaps he can explain how he's more valuable than Stanley at LT.  I think he would admit that his skill set does not stand up well in that position.
Blue In BC

« Reply #400 on: February 11, 2019, 03:36:59 PM »

Yes, but if JSK is asking $175k, you might actually be able to sign Lokombo for that and address both WIL and the ratio.  I don't think JSK will get $175k, but he might have to test free agency to find that out. 

Well yes. That's the end point to balance both problems we might have. Even without that problem it could help with more flexibility with the ratio and having more than 1 national on defense.

Lokombo may have connections with Bighill, Fenner, Gaitor and Roh so that might be of interest in playing here.

It Reilly to Vancouver because of Lulay has any bearing then this might as well.

No more excuses.
Blue In BC

« Reply #401 on: February 11, 2019, 03:38:16 PM »

I think JSK will find out that probably for his second deal 135-145k is more realistic at the high end, especially coming into the season off an injury where he couldn't really train most the off-season...and would fit in our SMS.

Even that might be a bit high even if we can afford it.

No more excuses.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #402 on: February 11, 2019, 03:38:29 PM »

Good chance a lot of bluffing is going on, players just trying to get the most they can and will settle on the most money they can get.  I don't think the process is as adversarial as many fans are making it out to be, some players like to gamble a bit, some don't, agents and their opinions can also interfere with direct communication and make negotiation seem more dramatic than they are.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #403 on: February 11, 2019, 03:47:15 PM »

Even that might be a bit high even if we can afford it.

I'd be happy if they could sign both Loffler and JSK for around $150,000 each, Loffler needs to be rewarded for paying his dues for 3 years at a low price point while earning all-star approval and JSK so that he can continue to develop alongside Bighill.  Loffler seems to have the stronger argument when ratio is considered, I'd pick him over JSK at similar numbers.
booch

« Reply #404 on: February 11, 2019, 03:52:13 PM »

Loffler though last year was making 100k...hardly peanuts
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 77
  Print  

Jump to: