Blue Bombers Forum
April 12, 2021, 02:52:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 98
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2018-2019  (Read 208437 times)
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #885 on: May 30, 2019, 02:29:48 AM »

Does anyone have a link to training camp roster?  Apparently a cousins kid is trying out.
I think everyone has a cousin trying out as there is about 9 Winnipeggers in camp plus 3 Rifle players.

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #886 on: May 30, 2019, 04:55:55 PM »

Preseason game one:

Darrin Bauming, TSN.   @DarrinBauming
Rasheed Bailey, Kenny Lawler, and Lucky Whitehead appear to be Friday's starting #Bombers receivers alongside Adams and Wolitarsky.

Amari Coleman and Jeff Hecht appear to be the guys in the secondary alongside Sayles, Alexander, and Fenner.

Centres are Michael Couture, Cody Speller, and Tui Eli. Looks like Drew Desjarlais and Geoff Gray are the starting guards. Delroy Baker Jr. and Jamar McGloster are at right tackle. #Bombers

Ed Tait   @EdTaitWFC
Matt Nichols announces he will dress but not take any snaps Friday for the #Bombers

Darren Cameron   @Darren_Cameron
Lineup change: Left tackle Stanley Bryant will not dress tonight vs Edmonton.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 07:57:20 PM by gobombersgo » Logged

66 Chevelle

« Reply #887 on: May 31, 2019, 06:36:42 PM »

based upon the above, would one believe that Corey Washington has won a starting spot already at receiver?

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
booch

« Reply #888 on: May 31, 2019, 06:44:46 PM »

he's injured at moment...with what unsure hence not on the roster..The open spot from what i seen/heard appears to be Bailey..Washington and Lawler in that order...Lucky and Nelson battling for the DI returner/extra receiver spot

For what it's worth Washington was looking really smooth and polished....but you get hurt...you risk a lot....
66 Chevelle

« Reply #889 on: May 31, 2019, 09:04:31 PM »

he's injured at moment...with what unsure hence not on the roster..The open spot from what i seen/heard appears to be Bailey..Washington and Lawler in that order...Lucky and Nelson battling for the DI returner/extra receiver spot

For what it's worth Washington was looking really smooth and polished....but you get hurt...you risk a lot....

thanks for the update, booch... I've been a bit hit and miss lately dealing with other priorities and hadn't seen that he got hurt... but you're right, now isn't the time to be coming up lame with the number of people we currently have acting like they want the position... nice position to be in as a team, not so much if you're the unlucky one to suffer an injury...

Blue In BC

« Reply #890 on: May 31, 2019, 11:17:53 PM »

thanks for the update, booch... I've been a bit hit and miss lately dealing with other priorities and hadn't seen that he got hurt... but you're right, now isn't the time to be coming up lame with the number of people we currently have acting like they want the position... nice position to be in as a team, not so much if you're the unlucky one to suffer an injury...

I think he's shown enough from last year in practice and this year's TC to not being at risk of an outright release. He seems to have a good attitude and shown well as a receiver.

Depending on his injury he may end up on 1 game IR or be shifted to the PR until he can compete again in practice.

We're bound to have a couple of receivers on the PR.

No more excuses.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #891 on: June 01, 2019, 06:07:17 AM »

I think he's shown enough from last year in practice and this year's TC to not being at risk of an outright release. He seems to have a good attitude and shown well as a receiver.

Depending on his injury he may end up on 1 game IR or be shifted to the PR until he can compete again in practice.

We're bound to have a couple of receivers on the PR.

after watching the game this evening, I don't think missing this game really hurt his chance to make the team... hopefully the injury isn't to significant and he can possibly play in the next pre season game as I'd like to see how he does against players other than our own...

3rdand1.5

« Reply #892 on: June 01, 2019, 12:33:28 PM »

I don?t think anyone hurt Washington?s chance IMO the import receivers played poorly.
Blue In BC

« Reply #893 on: June 01, 2019, 01:44:05 PM »

I don?t think anyone hurt Washington?s chance IMO the import receivers played poorly.

It did seem that the receivers played poorly but maybe not. Rookie OL, RB's didn't make QB's efforts easy and they struggled. Receivers may have been running well, getting open and not seen or hit by QB's.

There were too many drops but listening on radio didn't help me tell whether they would have been easy or difficult receptions.

That said, not much success may have been very telling to coaches.

No more excuses.
Pigskin

« Reply #894 on: June 01, 2019, 03:08:27 PM »

Kenny Walker looked good. Got himself open and caught the ball.
Blue In BC

« Reply #895 on: June 01, 2019, 04:12:10 PM »

That's the point. The rookies may have been running great routes, working hard and executing very well. The fact that QB's didn't connect doesn't always mean they were ineffective. It just sounded that way on the radio. What it looked like in the stands might be a different story.

Chemistry with 3 QB's and 15 or more receivers, mostly rookies,  is going to look bad in pre season.

Game 2 will be more telling as they thin the herd.

No more excuses.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #896 on: June 01, 2019, 04:45:35 PM »

agree

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
the paw

« Reply #897 on: June 01, 2019, 04:50:34 PM »

There were a number of late throws by QBs, but the receivers put 4-5 perfectly catchable balls on the ground.  There should be 1 or 2.

Having said that, Lawler looked the best to me last night.  

I think over a larger sample, Whitehead would be the most exciting returner with the most big plays.  But his style is crazy-making, and he gets away with it because he is just that fast.

Bennett looked pretty good, and Streveler looked limited.  He made a couple of completions around 8 yds, but his longer balls were rainbows.  I hope we keep both of them though.

I put the binocs on the interior of the o-line for a full quarter and a half. Desjarlais, Couture, and Gray all looked fairly solid.  They didn?t exactly rip holes for the run game, but with 2 unknowns at OT, I thought the lads looked good enough that we will go all Canadian in the interior.

Lots of talent in the secondary, but I never got around to putting the iso-cam on safety, so I am not sure how that looks.

Fatboi was in heavy rotation last night, he may dodge the bullet again.  Max Forde better understand that to be The Man, you gotta beat The Man...

grab grass 'n growl
Blue In BC

« Reply #898 on: June 01, 2019, 05:36:53 PM »

The OL may have provided some answers but they were playing against a defense entirely of rookies as well. No reason to be concerned and things will improve once the 3 starters are re-inserted into the lineup.

Would have to guess that Gray and Desjarlais make the roster but one might be on the 2 man DR. I was expecting Eli to be another candidate on the 2 man. Don't think we can risk putting him on the PR.

The biggest question is whether Speller is ahead of behind any of those 3.

I wasn't really expecting Koczwara or Ouellet De Carlo to be ahead of those 4. That's just an opinion though. Might see one on the PR.

Regarding the DL: There might be room on the game day roster for 2 Canadian DL. We didn't do that for most of 2018 though. There are 20 DB's, LB's and DL on the roster. 7 rookies and 3 players picked up in free agency: Forde, Janke and Lalama.

The balancing act between the needed specific ST roles, back ups and protecting draft choices is going to be interesting once again.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 05:45:53 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
NewBlue

« Reply #899 on: June 02, 2019, 04:57:58 PM »

Trying to figure out some roster stuff...do we still have to have 21 Nationals (7 starters), and a max of 20 INT (4 DI), and a 10 player PR?

I know there has been confusion with the global players and where they fit in the roster shuffle, but are there any known rules for them?
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 98
  Print  

Jump to: