Blue Bombers Forum
August 22, 2019, 08:10:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2018-2019  (Read 68273 times)
DM83

« Reply #870 on: May 29, 2019, 03:56:14 AM »

This Mexican invasion is really a bad idea.  Wasting time on someone with talent inferior to our high schoolers. This is an insult to Canadians.
If you want to legislate a job in the basis of race, this is a contradiction of the charter of Rights.
As has been mentioned before why not add a roster spot for a CDN quarterback, or reinstate the territorial picks

Ambrose has. Missed on this one.
Blue In BC

« Reply #871 on: May 29, 2019, 12:57:02 PM »

0% chance.  That is all.

0% chance of you not drinking blue koolaid all season. 

That is all? Quite the intelligent retort.

No more excuses.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #872 on: May 29, 2019, 01:56:06 PM »

No one is untouchable in football. Medlock is probably about as safe as it gets but nothing is ever guaranteed.
PurpleReign

« Reply #873 on: May 29, 2019, 01:59:54 PM »

0% chance.  That is all.

When it comes to sports, 0% chance never exists.  There is always an athlete around the corner that can be signed and take the job of a veteran.   Medlock is not some super being that can't be dethroned. Today it's about the salary cap and saving money.  If your talking about his competition at camp then I will agree with you because there ain't any.
Blue In BC

« Reply #874 on: May 29, 2019, 02:26:00 PM »

When it comes to sports, 0% chance never exists.  There is always an athlete around the corner that can be signed and take the job of a veteran.   Medlock is not some super being that can't be dethroned. Today it's about the salary cap and saving money.  If your talking about his competition at camp then I will agree with you because there ain't any.

It would have taken an exceptional performance by any new kicker to unseat Medlock in TC. For that matter it would also take a very good performance to win the global roster spot over the other candidates. At the moment the new kicker hasn't shown enough. At least according to some sparse TC reports.

I had suggested Hansen as a LB and our # 2 pick as having the best chance to make the roster. However the kicker could be the 2nd option to take on some of the workload and continue to develop for 2020?

The implications of the global SMS being exempt and being somewhat " outside " of the normal 4 DI's on the roster is interesting.

A global LB, DB or K on the roster could free up a DI normally on the roster as an American.

One of the global players will make the roster. Which or whether he's actually better than an American or even a Canadian will be determined. Seeing how they utilize the DI's will be interesting with the desire to add a dedicated returner.

O'Shea seems impressed with Hansen in particular. Maybe we get a better idea about our global players and in general around the CFL during pre season games.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 02:39:23 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #875 on: May 29, 2019, 04:12:01 PM »

Which is frankly unacceptable, last year they had Felix Menard-Briere in TC, a 4th round DP from the previous year who performed well but was cut and refused to take a PR spot where he could have developed further. 

Briere is currently showing very well at Rider TC but will likely be cut shortly due to the stiff competition he's facing. Time to scoop him back up and hold onto him by whatever means necessary so they have an injury replacement ready to go as well as a succession plan in place when they come to the point of making a decision on Medlock's future.  Ideally the next Bomber kicker will be a Natl. who can handle all kicking duties, Briere qualifies.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 04:17:16 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
rubanski

« Reply #876 on: May 29, 2019, 04:30:06 PM »

This Mexican invasion is really a bad idea.  Wasting time on someone with talent inferior to our high schoolers. This is an insult to Canadians.
If you want to legislate a job in the basis of race, this is a contradiction of the charter of Rights.
As has been mentioned before why not add a roster spot for a CDN quarterback, or reinstate the territorial picks

Ambrose has. Missed on this one.

They very quietly reintroduced the territorial picks for  two worst teams in the league. I believe MTL and TO had one each this draft at the end of the 2nd round.

They also allow a CDN qb to count against your needed non-import roster totals, so that's a start.
TBURGESS

« Reply #877 on: May 29, 2019, 04:58:25 PM »

They also allow a CDN qb to count against your needed non-import roster totals, so that's a start.
The Canuck QB only counts as an NI if he starts.

Being right never gets old.
theaardvark

« Reply #878 on: May 29, 2019, 06:21:30 PM »

Which is frankly unacceptable, last year they had Felix Menard-Briere in TC, a 4th round DP from the previous year who performed well but was cut and refused to take a PR spot where he could have developed further. 

Briere is currently showing very well at Rider TC but will likely be cut shortly due to the stiff competition he's facing. Time to scoop him back up and hold onto him by whatever means necessary so they have an injury replacement ready to go as well as a succession plan in place when they come to the point of making a decision on Medlock's future.  Ideally the next Bomber kicker will be a Natl. who can handle all kicking duties, Briere qualifies.

Getting him to take a PR spot in a city far from home might be tough... and you cannot AR him with Medlock. 

Any word on  Gabriel Amavizca-Ortiz?  With a global position as a free spot, might be a place to park a backup P/K...  still want to get Bartel designated a Global player to sit in that spot...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #879 on: May 29, 2019, 06:47:46 PM »

Getting him to take a PR spot in a city far from home might be tough... and you cannot AR him with Medlock. 

Any word on  Gabriel Amavizca-Ortiz?  With a global position as a free spot, might be a place to park a backup P/K...  still want to get Bartel designated a Global player to sit in that spot...

Having 2 kickers on the AR is not that unusual. It was more the norm until recently. Whether Briere becomes available and of interest to us that's a different question.

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #880 on: May 29, 2019, 07:33:50 PM »

Having 2 kickers on the AR is not that unusual. It was more the norm until recently. Whether Briere becomes available and of interest to us that's a different question.

2Nat kickers on teh AR is normal... if you have an Int kicker, he better do both...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #881 on: May 29, 2019, 07:53:51 PM »

When your teammates stop practice and applaud a successful 52 yd. FG attempt you know you're well over your head and they expect you to drown shortly.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #882 on: May 29, 2019, 11:21:21 PM »

After watching the new kicker and Medlock at training camp it seems pretty clear Medlock is in no danger of being replaced at least at this time.

Yup as sure a bet as there ever will be.  Thanks for your report.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 11:30:58 PM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Tiger

« Reply #883 on: May 30, 2019, 01:51:58 AM »

Does anyone have a link to training camp roster?  Apparently a cousins kid is trying out.

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
Blue In BC

« Reply #884 on: May 30, 2019, 02:11:53 AM »

Does anyone have a link to training camp roster?  Apparently a cousins kid is trying out.

The TC roster is on the main bluebombers page or on CFL.CA. Except for a few territorial players everyone is listed?

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: