Blue Bombers Forum
April 04, 2020, 08:16:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 98
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2018-2019  (Read 116644 times)
the paw

« Reply #765 on: May 07, 2019, 11:36:55 PM »

Why is Drake Nevis not on the roster?  We signed him March 16, and I can?t find him on the roster, and I can?t find any status change on cfl.ca....

grab grass 'n growl
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #766 on: May 08, 2019, 01:50:41 AM »

You have no understanding of the context of the conversation.

Sure I do, but now you are just trying another cheap shot.  Try again, thank you.

I have zero issue with criticizing scouting. I have very vocally criticized them on this forum. I just think criticizing this year's recruits is premature. If we end up sucking at WIL, S, or any of the new positions then tbere is reason to grouse.

Bang on.  Blue in BC was jumping the gun, that's for certain.

You keep saying Temple is a backwards step and I'm not sure why? Temple was up against Knox and JSK in the LBer battle and by all accounts was neck and neck with JSK until his TC injury. When he was injured we released him to make room for someone else, not because he lacked skill. Now we have an opening that he competed very well for in the past, I see no reason why bringing him back should be viewed as a recruitment failure. The kid can ball, and he is only one of several guys signed to compete at that position.
Bang on, agree with it all. 
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 01:53:11 AM by pjrocksmb » Logged

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Blue In BC

« Reply #767 on: May 08, 2019, 12:53:25 PM »

Sure I do, but now you are just trying another cheap shot.  Try again, thank you.

Bang on.  Blue in BC was jumping the gun, that's for certain.
 Bang on, agree with it all. 

I stand by everything I said including that you have no understanding of the context. Scouting has been a bone of contention by many posters for several seasons. Until they succeed in areas they have previously failed, why would I automatically give them a " pass " on success?

Doing the same thing and expecting different results?

Did they find a top receiver this season? Maybe, it's going to take awhile to know with any certainty.

You want to blow blue smoke up their wahzoo? Fine. You want to / you will take your shots at everybody that isn't positive about everything again this season? Yah right.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 12:59:02 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
GCn19

« Reply #768 on: May 08, 2019, 01:16:58 PM »

I stand by everything I said including that you have no understanding of the context. Scouting has been a bone of contention by many posters for several seasons. Until they succeed in areas they have previously failed, why would I automatically give them a " pass " on success?

Doing the same thing and expecting different results?

Did they find a top receiver this season? Maybe, it's going to take awhile to know with any certainty.

You want to blow blue smoke up their wahzoo? Fine. You want to / you will take your shots at everybody that isn't positive about everything again this season? Yah right.

The scouts have not earned any smoke blown up their butt and totally deserve criticism for previous years recruitment. However, judgement cannot possibly be made on this year's class of recruits, nor Nick Temple, as of yet. My expectations are not high based on previous year's for our recruiting class, but I feel it would be ignorant if I dismissed them without seeing them play first. All I'm saying is reserve judgement until TC and see what we've got. There will be plenty of time to ginsu the scouts afterwards and at least it will be informed.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 01:21:29 PM by GCn18 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #769 on: May 08, 2019, 01:36:55 PM »

The scouts have not earned any smoke blown up their butt and totally deserve criticism for previous years recruitment. However, judgement cannot possibly be made on this year's class of recruits, nor Nick Temple, as of yet. My expectations are not high based on previous year's for our recruiting class, but I feel it would be ignorant if I dismissed them without seeing them play first. All I'm saying is reserve judgement until TC and see what we've got. There will be plenty of time to ginsu the scouts afterwards and at least it will be informed.

I've criticized ONE player signing and the logic behind it as not an optimum sign of progress. Backward step as I called it. I supported my reasoning behind that opinion, including having watched him in the AAF recently. Whether Temple succeeds or to what level or not is not the entire point.

I've made many mostly positive statements / hopes about many other signings and additions of a few CFL free agent signings this off season.

OTOH I also think it's fair to be critical at times as well. How far does benefit of doubt go? It's unusual to bring back a player from 2 TC's previous. I can't think of another example.

No more excuses.
GCn19

« Reply #770 on: May 08, 2019, 02:37:39 PM »

I've criticized ONE player signing and the logic behind it as not an optimum sign of progress. Backward step as I called it. I supported my reasoning behind that opinion, including having watched him in the AAF recently. Whether Temple succeeds or to what level or not is not the entire point.

I've made many mostly positive statements / hopes about many other signings and additions of a few CFL free agent signings this off season.

OTOH I also think it's fair to be critical at times as well. How far does benefit of doubt go? It's unusual to bring back a player from 2 TC's previous. I can't think of another example.

It is not unusual at all for teams to bring back players cut in TC due to injuries. The only reason Temple wasn't re-signed once he was fully recovered from injury was the emergence of JSK....a guy that he was neck and neck with in TC.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 02:39:58 PM by GCn18 » Logged

theaardvark

« Reply #771 on: May 08, 2019, 03:17:19 PM »

Why is Drake Nevis not on the roster?  We signed him March 16, and I can?t find him on the roster, and I can?t find any status change on cfl.ca....

Good question.  Maybe the contract hasn't been verified by the league?  Maybe there is a health clause awaiting fulfillment?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn19

« Reply #772 on: May 08, 2019, 03:43:05 PM »

It is not unusual for CFL.ca to forget to add players.

GCn19

« Reply #773 on: May 08, 2019, 03:46:42 PM »

Good question.  Maybe the contract hasn't been verified by the league?  Maybe there is a health clause awaiting fulfillment?

Contracts must be verified by the league within 7 days of being signed or they are null and void. It could be that they reached a verbal agreement and for roster purposes the contract has not been signed and filed yet....or it could be an oversight by CFL.ca

Blue In BC

« Reply #774 on: May 08, 2019, 03:51:27 PM »

It is not unusual at all for teams to bring back players cut in TC due to injuries. The only reason Temple wasn't re-signed once he was fully recovered from injury was the emergence of JSK....a guy that he was neck and neck with in TC.

I keeping saying it but you keep ignoring it. Bringing back a player from the previous TC perhaps. From 2 years ago is unusual. Not having even been in another CFL TC in  2018 even moreso.

Nothing stopped the team from bringing him back in 2018 if he was that close in the battle.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 03:53:13 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Blue In BC

« Reply #775 on: May 08, 2019, 04:01:52 PM »

It shouldn't be that hard to keep rosters straight. We have players announced as signed not on the roster ( Battle, Nevis & Temple ) and we have players announced as released still on the roster.

Maybe they can get this straight by the beginning of TC. Some of these transactions were reported long ago.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 04:38:43 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
the paw

« Reply #776 on: May 08, 2019, 04:27:40 PM »

He's missing from the roster on the blue bombers site.  His signing shows up on cfl.ca transactions, and there is no release. 

I don't really expect instantaneous updates, but after almost 2 months, he should be listed.  I am kind of surprised at the haphazard way they seem to maintain roster information.  A lag is understandable, but there should at least be consistency. 

grab grass 'n growl
GCn19

« Reply #777 on: May 08, 2019, 04:50:52 PM »

He's missing from the roster on the blue bombers site.  His signing shows up on cfl.ca transactions, and there is no release. 

I don't really expect instantaneous updates, but after almost 2 months, he should be listed.  I am kind of surprised at the haphazard way they seem to maintain roster information.  A lag is understandable, but there should at least be consistency. 

Totally agree. It has been this way for far too long.

GCn19

« Reply #778 on: May 08, 2019, 04:51:42 PM »

I keeping saying it but you keep ignoring it. Bringing back a player from the previous TC perhaps. From 2 years ago is unusual. Not having even been in another CFL TC in  2018 even moreso.

Nothing stopped the team from bringing him back in 2018 if he was that close in the battle.

Not ignoring anything, just don't agree with you.

Blue In BC

« Reply #779 on: May 08, 2019, 04:57:04 PM »

Not ignoring anything, just don't agree with you.

Fair enough but at least IMO I've tried to support my opinion. You haven't offered much more than he looked good in TC 2017 and wanting to give the scouts benefit of the doubt.

So we'll agree to disagree and see what happens in TC.

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 98
  Print  

Jump to: