Blue Bombers Forum
August 23, 2019, 04:44:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 78
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2018-2019  (Read 68393 times)
TBURGESS

« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2018, 03:14:14 PM »

It looks like we are signing the bottom end of our FA's now while the top end guys wait for the new CBA to see how much more money and signing bonuses are available.

Being right never gets old.
Leroy

« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2018, 03:19:05 PM »

The next time I need information about the background and emotional leanings of a career STer, I'll be sure to turn to you then, k?

Cuck-ah!

I would prefer you just pay more attention
Leroy

« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2018, 03:20:11 PM »

It looks like we are signing the bottom end of our FA's now while the top end guys wait for the new CBA to see how much more money and signing bonuses are available.

I am sure the team wants to know the salary cap as well.
Knocker42

« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2018, 03:20:43 PM »

Never a bad thing to be clear about whether you are stating an opinion or a fact.
blue_or_die

« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2018, 04:15:10 PM »

I would prefer you just pay more attention

lol. Just to recap, I made an innocent comment that I was pleasantly surprised by the signing, on a fan discussion forum no less, and the fact that I was a bit surprised has lead you to conclude that I should become more knowledgeable about a special teams player on a CFL team.

lol, take a hike.
gobombersgo

« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2018, 04:31:08 PM »

BOMBERS ADD TWO TO ROSTER

WINNIPEG, MB., December 12, 2018 -   The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the club has signed international defensive lineman Evan Perrizo and international defensive back Jimmy Pruitt.

Perrizo (6'5, 275, Minnesota State, May 26, 1995 in Eden Prairie, MN) played five seasons for the Minnesota State Mavericks, totalling 138 tackles, 27 sacks and four forced fumbles in 51 games. In his senior season in 2017, Perrizo recorded 12 sacks, the fifth-most in a season in team history. In 2018, Perrizo signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as an undrafted free agent.

Pruitt (6'0, 203, San Jose State, November 28, 1992 in San Diego, CA) played four seasons for the San Jose State Spartans, totalling eight interceptions, 182 tackles and four forced fumbles in 47 games. In 2016, Pruitt signed with the New Orleans Saints as an undrafted free agent.
https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/12/12/bombers-add-two-roster-5/

Pigskin

« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2018, 04:35:15 PM »

I wouldn't say Miller is a bottom end player for the bombers. Canadian, top ST's player, and comes in to block on some O plays.
gobombersgo

« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2018, 05:15:02 PM »

CFL REVEALS LIST OF 10 NEGOTIATION LIST PLAYERS FOR EACH TEAM

TORONTO - The Canadian Football League (CFL) and the nine clubs have unveiled ten players from each team's negotiation list on Wednesday.

This marks the second time this year ten players have been made public, with the first lists announced in February. Following the CFL winter meetings, the teams approved a measure to publicly share ten players from their negotiation lists twice a year (February and December).

CFL by-laws state that teams can claim exclusive CFL rights to up to 45 players by placing them on their negotiation list. Players can be added, removed or traded from the list at any time.

Below are the lists of 10 players from each CFL team:

*Indicates player currently in college and participating in an NCAA bowl game

WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS

NAME               POSTION   COLLEGE   
Eric Barriere   QB   Eastern Washington   
Charlie Brewer*   QB   Baylor   
Fred Brown           WR   Mississippi State   
Richie Brown   LB   Mississippi State   
Amari Coleman   DB   Central Michigan   
Jayson DiManche   LB   Southern Illinois   
Donald Hawkins   OL   Texas   
Mekale McKay   QB   Cincinnati   
Bryan Schor   QB   James Madison   
Lucky Whitehead   WR   Florida Atlantic

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/12/12/cfl-reveals-list-10-negotiation-list-players-team-2/

Darren Cameron   @Darren_Cameron
A correction on here - they have Mekale McKay (Cincinnati) listed as quarterback, however he is a wide receiver.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 09:03:41 PM by gobombersgo » Logged

theaardvark

« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2018, 05:58:50 PM »

Just confirming, when we sign players right now that will be earning league minimum, we can sign them the current minimum, and they will get a bump if that goes up.  But if we have current SMS$ available, we can give some of that league min salary up front, right?  So we can safely sign players now that are guys guaranteed to make the team, and have a low likelihood of ending up on the 6 game (where we will not gain relief from upfront payments).

I know he league has asked teams not to give out bonuses until the CBA is signed to exert pressure on the CFLPA to get a deal done quick, but that was just a request, right?  Teams can make 2018 SMS$ payouts for 2019 and beyond deals if they wish, right?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn18

« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2018, 06:34:12 PM »

Just confirming, when we sign players right now that will be earning league minimum, we can sign them the current minimum, and they will get a bump if that goes up.  But if we have current SMS$ available, we can give some of that league min salary up front, right?  So we can safely sign players now that are guys guaranteed to make the team, and have a low likelihood of ending up on the 6 game (where we will not gain relief from upfront payments).

I know he league has asked teams not to give out bonuses until the CBA is signed to exert pressure on the CFLPA to get a deal done quick, but that was just a request, right?  Teams can make 2018 SMS$ payouts for 2019 and beyond deals if they wish, right?

You can sign a few players right now. It's pretty safe to assume the SMS won't go down, so if they are willing to play for the same money or just a small increase the Bombers can make it happen. However guys like Biggie will have to wait until there is some clarity on the SMS for this year.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
gobombersgo

« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2018, 10:27:10 PM »

Winnipeg Blue Bombers agree to terms with Canadian linebacker Jesse Briggs

WINNIPEG, MB., December 17, 2018 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms with pending free agent Canadian linebacker Jesse Briggs on a two-year deal.

Briggs was originally selected 17th overall by Winnipeg in the 2014 CFL Draft and has spent the past five seasons in Blue and Gold. Over that span, Briggs has played in all but three games, tallying 87 career games played, 56 special teams tackles and 18 defensive tackles. Briggs has recorded double digit special teams tackles in four of his five CFL seasons.

"Last week we were able to agree with Mike Miller, which was big for our special teams in the next two seasons," said General Manager, Kyle Walters. "Similarly, Jesse also brings many great attributes on special teams and has continued to develop in that role for us. He works extremely hard, is a quiet player who goes about his business and does so at a very high level."

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/12/17/bombers-agree-terms-canadian-linebacker-jesse-briggs/

DM83

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2018, 09:35:31 AM »

It's great to know we are signing our special teams aces.....however, it doesn't motivate me to think management has faith in maintaining possession in offence, when we prioritize signing. Kick cover guys.......lol!

On another note....do we actually sign any former Div 1 NCAA guys?

This latest signing of a defensive tackle from some obscure Div III community college in Minnesota, is like signing a guy from the Red River community College inter- mural program. Lol!

Come on man!
booch

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2018, 01:04:23 PM »

Not really...I've seen many a JUCO team in the U.S who would hand the ***** to any CIS program...and "technically" they are below Div III
Horseman

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2018, 03:45:45 PM »

Not really...I've seen many a JUCO team in the U.S who would hand the ***** to any CIS program...and "technically" they are below Div III

Yeah, not likely, you under estimate the talent in the CIS.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2018, 03:55:22 PM »

Yeah, not likely, you under estimate the talent in the CIS.

If the talent in the CIS was so good, Cauchy Muamba wouldn't have had an 8-year career in the CFL (and counting). There are some gems that come out of the CIS for sure, but those are the needles in the haystack. And I mean no disrepect to CIS, and those that like it, they are fantastic CIS-level athletes but very few are capable of being impact players at the next level.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 78
  Print  

Jump to: