Blue Bombers Forum
March 26, 2019, 12:01:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 43
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2018-2019  (Read 24097 times)
blue girl

« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2019, 12:40:57 AM »

I can't believe the people around here who want to get rid of Demski. We finally get a decent Canadian receiver and people want to replace him with players who are not only unproven but play a different receiver role. He does make a lot of money but that is what Canadian starters get. And you'll never see them eliminate the ratio. The CFLPA will never allow it.
kkc60

« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2019, 05:08:49 AM »

I can't believe the people around here who want to get rid of Demski. We finally get a decent Canadian receiver and people want to replace him with players who are not only unproven but play a different receiver role. He does make a lot of money but that is what Canadian starters get. And you'll never see them eliminate the ratio. The CFLPA will never allow it.
Finally have a decent Canadian receiver? Drew Wolitarsky says hi. Also, of course no one wants to dump him but depth wise he is one of the easier canadians to replace not because of his role in the offense but because of his position. Again, you can't keep everyone and even if you can you surely can't also upgrade other positions via FA
Blue In BC

« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2019, 02:25:15 PM »

Finally have a decent Canadian receiver? Drew Wolitarsky says hi. Also, of course no one wants to dump him but depth wise he is one of the easier canadians to replace not because of his role in the offense but because of his position. Again, you can't keep everyone and even if you can you surely can't also upgrade other positions via FA

Better look at Demski's stats and how his impact allowed Harris less wear and tear. Demski's receiving stats were better than Harris and reduced Harris's by nearly half.

It also made us less of a one man show and took defenses focus away from Harris as the sole running threat.

No more excuses.
booch

« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2019, 02:51:49 PM »

I would hope Demski's receiving stats were better than Harris's....if they weren't then something is really wrong.
Sure he took some wear and tear away from Haris, but that could also be accomplished with Lapo calling a game plan to utilize more of the other weapons and not designing most of our plays within the box and first level and out in the flats...this is why we had stagnated somewhat, and had low offensive yardage totals.

We have everything confined for the most part to within the hash marks at the same level..rarely do you see layered routes and guys drawing defenders away from the LOS and first level....look back at games and see how the majority of our plays were to guys standing in a spot, or swung out in the flats, or a screen with multiple defenders within 5 yards of them...piss poor scheme if you ask me.

Rarely are we designing stuff hitting guys in stride on crossing patterns and flies, or layered 7 routes..which in itself would really open up stuff for the underneath plays to Harris and whomever is running a quick slant or screen as they would generally have only 1 guy to beat initially...not a swarm...and also lessening the shots Harris has to take.

kkc60

« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2019, 03:20:54 PM »

Better look at Demski's stats and how his impact allowed Harris less wear and tear. Demski's receiving stats were better than Harris and reduced Harris's by nearly half.

It also made us less of a one man show and took defenses focus away from Harris as the sole running threat.
Again. Not saying he's easy to lose. But he also disappeared for a few games, especially near the end it seemed. If he wants a raise on his salary from last year, that will be tough to fix
booch

« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2019, 03:31:27 PM »

if he comes ..or wants to come back for basically what he made last year...which is reasonable as he didn't have a huge break out season, then that is doable, as long as we are just sticking with Augustine as the back-up RB type guy and letting Lafrance walk...having both is redundant and a waste of SMS allocation and I think Augustine is the better of the two, and still has untapped upside...Lafrance is what he is, and won't show anything more that hasn't been seen...
Blue In BC

« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2019, 03:51:36 PM »

I would hope Demski's receiving stats were better than Harris's....if they weren't then something is really wrong.
Sure he took some wear and tear away from Haris, but that could also be accomplished with Lapo calling a game plan to utilize more of the other weapons and not designing most of our plays within the box and first level and out in the flats...this is why we had stagnated somewhat, and had low offensive yardage totals.

We have everything confined for the most part to within the hash marks at the same level..rarely do you see layered routes and guys drawing defenders away from the LOS and first level....look back at games and see how the majority of our plays were to guys standing in a spot, or swung out in the flats, or a screen with multiple defenders within 5 yards of them...piss poor scheme if you ask me.

Rarely are we designing stuff hitting guys in stride on crossing patterns and flies, or layered 7 routes..which in itself would really open up stuff for the underneath plays to Harris and whomever is running a quick slant or screen as they would generally have only 1 guy to beat initially...not a swarm...and also lessening the shots Harris has to take.

While all of that is true it's Lapo's style as an OC. Are we really expecting him to change? So it makes more sense to have players that fit his schemes rather than try and fit square pegs into round holes per se.

I'd like to see more of what you've suggested. OTOH we lead the league in scoring and had an exciting offense to watch. Also Lapo's style helps with TOP which can't be discounted.

Although we only won 10 games they weren't far off from winning several more. Overall I think most of us are pleased with how competitive we were in 2018.

It's hard to figure whether our desire ( scheme ) is determining the players we seek, or whether the players we find are determining our scheme.

No more excuses.
bluebeard

« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2019, 04:40:23 PM »

Two great posts with valid points.  Keep up the great posts guys.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2019, 04:48:23 PM »

While all of that is true it's Lapo's style as an OC. Are we really expecting him to change? So it makes more sense to have players that fit his schemes rather than try and fit square pegs into round holes per se.

I'd like to see more of what you've suggested. OTOH we lead the league in scoring and had an exciting offense to watch. Also Lapo's style helps with TOP which can't be discounted.

Although we only won 10 games they weren't far off from winning several more. Overall I think most of us are pleased with how competitive we were in 2018.

It's hard to figure whether our desire ( scheme ) is determining the players we seek, or whether the players we find are determining our scheme.

Competitive is nice....Grey Cups are better....the last time we won I was 40.   I'm hoping some day we win before I'm carted off to the drool academy!

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2019, 04:59:46 PM »

Competitive is nice....Grey Cups are better....the last time we won I was 40.   I'm hoping some day we win before I'm carted off to the drool academy!

That's funny, the last time we won I was drooling. Haha.
Blue In BC

« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2019, 05:29:10 PM »

Competitive is nice....Grey Cups are better....the last time we won I was 40.   I'm hoping some day we win before I'm carted off to the drool academy!

I know what if's don't mean much. I know Calgary had significant injuries going into the playoff.

It just seemed that our bad luck with losing JSK and Bighill's injuries tipped the scales towards the Stamps for the WDF on the day.

We lost the last two previous seasons in WSF by small margins after good leads evaporated.

Just seems we're snake bit at times. Just the wrong thing at the wrong time. It's hard to swallow I know.

Add to that we've lost the GC the last 5 times we've played in the game.92,93, 01,07 and 11

No more excuses.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2019, 05:38:54 PM »

I know what if's don't mean much. I know Calgary had significant injuries going into the playoff.

It just seemed that our bad luck with losing JSK and Bighill's injuries tipped the scales towards the Stamps for the WDF on the day.

We lost the last two previous seasons in WSF by small margins after good leads evaporated.

Just seems we're snake bit at times. Just the wrong thing at the wrong time. It's hard to swallow I know.

Add to that we've lost the GC the last 5 times we've played in the game.92,93, 01,07 and 11

Honestly, the biggest difference that tipped the scales was that we played them at McMahon after they got a week bye. That's a huge advantage. Sure, they earned it but that was the hardest part to overcome. It's pretty darn hard to get out of the west without finishing first these days.
GCn18

« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2019, 06:32:43 PM »

I wouldn't give Demski a penny more than he made last year that's for sure. I like the guy and think he is an exciting player but he is inconsistent and struggles with taking care of the football.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Doublezero

« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2019, 07:06:03 PM »

Demski is a liability. Since he came into the CFL he's consistently had trouble with ball control: fumbles and tipped balls into opposing DBs hands. Not much of a kick returner either.

Just gimme the rock.
Pigskin

« Reply #179 on: January 11, 2019, 07:29:48 PM »

Demski had his best year as a pro, and he will only get better. Ball control was an issue at times. He also wasn't brought in to return kicks. No team in the CFL has there top Canadian receivers returning punts or kick offs.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 43
  Print  

Jump to: