Blue Bombers Forum
July 02, 2020, 05:12:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 98
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2018-2019  (Read 134283 times)
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #1350 on: September 26, 2019, 03:01:16 PM »

Some interesting things on our roster. Desjarlais looks to have won himself a spot. Kongbo looks to have beat out Roe (maybe with ratio help). Back to only 6 offensive lineman. I guess Neufeld feels good.
GCn19

« Reply #1351 on: September 26, 2019, 03:38:36 PM »

Some interesting things on our roster. Desjarlais looks to have won himself a spot. Kongbo looks to have beat out Roe (maybe with ratio help). Back to only 6 offensive lineman. I guess Neufeld feels good.

I can't believe Gray is not on the 46, even as one of the two sitting. PR for Gray? He won't stay there long before someone snaps him up. I wonder if anyones going to the 1 game IR

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
booch

« Reply #1352 on: September 26, 2019, 03:44:41 PM »

the player has to agree to be snapped up tho...u just don't pluck a guy and he's yours
I doubt Gray is...or even wants to go anywhere...
gobombersgo

« Reply #1353 on: September 26, 2019, 03:47:32 PM »

I can't believe Gray is not on the 46, even as one of the two sitting. PR for Gray? He won't stay there long before someone snaps him up. I wonder if anyones going to the 1 game IR

I've added the updated practice and injured lists. Roh and Gray were put on the 1 game, Eli is on the practice roster.

Also with the Global players being added this year, only one player from the 46 sits per game.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 03:49:06 PM by gobombersgo » Logged

Stretch

« Reply #1354 on: September 26, 2019, 03:57:15 PM »

the player has to agree to be snapped up tho...u just don't pluck a guy and he's yours

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but if a guy is "plucked" from a team's practice roster don't they have to go straight to that new team's active roster?

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
Pigskin

« Reply #1355 on: September 26, 2019, 04:07:37 PM »

Roh has played good again this year, but Jeffcoat or Roh. Jeffcoat is going to get the start.

Gray or Desjarlais. I thought Gray has been a little better all year.

Would be nice to Bailey get a little more playing time. I like Lucky, but he has done much lately.
booch

« Reply #1356 on: September 26, 2019, 04:15:40 PM »

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but if a guy is "plucked" from a team's practice roster don't they have to go straight to that new team's active roster?
If you pluck a guy yup you have to roster him...but like I said...a team has to ask a guy if he wants to leave and if he doesn't wanna...well then thats that
You'de actually be surprised at how many times a year a  team has inquired and the player has politely declined...you just don't hear about it
NewBlue

« Reply #1357 on: September 26, 2019, 04:19:40 PM »

Wouldn't they have to clear with the owning team tho?  Or does the thieving team just have to ask the player, and gonzo?
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #1358 on: September 26, 2019, 04:24:33 PM »

If you pluck a guy yup you have to roster him...but like I said...a team has to ask a guy if he wants to leave and if he doesn't wanna...well then thats that
You'de actually be surprised at how many times a year a  team has inquired and the player has politely declined...you just don't hear about it

Not to mention the team with the player has the option to simply put him on the roster instead and there's nothing anyone can do.
Blue In BC

« Reply #1359 on: September 26, 2019, 04:26:05 PM »

We're keeping K. Jones as a DI at LB instead of Roh as a DI at DE. Roh may actually a bit nicked since I seem to recall he was not practicing this week.

Just my opinion but I think Roh is more valuable as a DI than Jones. We'll see how long he sits on the 1 game IR or whether this is more of a strategic decision.

K. Jones has 3 ST's in 6 games and has been invisible on defense if he's had a few snaps?

Roh had 3 DT's, 1 ST and 2 FF against the Als last week.

Neither Kongbo or Hansen had any stats last week.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 04:31:49 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #1360 on: September 26, 2019, 04:28:17 PM »

Roh had an excellent game against the Als, Kongbo hasn't beaten him out he really is injured.
theaardvark

« Reply #1361 on: September 26, 2019, 04:31:14 PM »

A player can quit a PR spot at any time, IIRC... you can't force a player to stay on your PR.  But another team can't force him to quit... he has to want to go.  A team that wants to maintain a good relationship will offer a trade at least before "scooping" a player...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn19

« Reply #1362 on: September 26, 2019, 04:37:05 PM »

Not to mention the team with the player has the option to simply put him on the roster instead and there's nothing anyone can do.

That's true. But if a team really wanted Gray and the Bombers activate him then whoever is deactivated can get claimed and you have a game of musical chairs and are risking having two disgruntled players. Normally, a team will approach the player on the PR and if he wants to go they put in the claim. Most times the team will not activate the player because the team would be perceived as holding him back from a better opportunity.

GCn19

« Reply #1363 on: September 26, 2019, 04:38:16 PM »

That might be true...or it might not be. I'm guessing we won't find out though because Gray developed a chronic hangnail and is on the one game IR.

GCn19

« Reply #1364 on: September 26, 2019, 04:41:22 PM »

Roh had an excellent game against the Als, Kongbo hasn't beaten him out he really is injured.

Kongbo is not really in competition with Roh imo. He is a NAT that will be rostered and used in rotation no matter who our starting DE is. The ratio flex is just too good with him. Roh and Jeffcoat are the ones competing for the dressing DE spot now and obviously you go with Jeffcoat.

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 98
  Print  

Jump to: