Blue Bombers Forum
October 20, 2019, 09:45:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 96
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2018-2019  (Read 88122 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #1320 on: September 17, 2019, 07:56:30 PM »

Looks like going with 2 QB's in prep for next year...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gobombersgo

« Reply #1321 on: September 17, 2019, 09:14:27 PM »

Does anyone know if Alexander is practising.

Ted Wyman   @Ted_Wyman
Looks like DBs Brandon Alexander, Mercy Maston and Chris Humes are all still out for #Bombers, as is LB Jesse Briggs. Can't tell for sure if Chad Rempel is in or out but guessing he's not a full participant. #CFL

M.O.A.B.

« Reply #1322 on: September 17, 2019, 10:21:54 PM »

2019-09-17   WPG   JANKE, Dexter   LB   N   Saskatchewan   Transfer To   Injured
2019-09-17   WPG   REMPEL, Chad   LS   N   Saskatchewan   Add From Injured   Active Roster
J5V

« Reply #1323 on: September 18, 2019, 12:18:45 AM »

2019-09-17   WPG   JANKE, Dexter   LB   N   Saskatchewan   Transfer To   Injured
2019-09-17   WPG   REMPEL, Chad   LS   N   Saskatchewan   Add From Injured   Active Roster
Great news on Rempel! Always good to see a great guy come back from a very dirty (un-penalized) hit. Hey Rider fans, just remember, revenge is a dish best served cold. I know you don't know what that means but that's okay. We do.

Go Bombers!
booch

« Reply #1324 on: September 18, 2019, 04:21:44 PM »

I say let Alexander heal up as long as he needs to..Rios has been really good...and getting stronger and may have surpassed Humes in my opinion...I think he would make a real nice SAM eventually

And once Neufeld is back to game speed our O-line will be **** good....and deeeep...One of Speller or Gray will be the 6th man, and we have Eli and Desjarlais in our back pocket..both of whom have gotten a lot of in game work...we are sitting pretty good there
GCn19

« Reply #1325 on: September 18, 2019, 04:48:31 PM »

I say let Alexander heal up as long as he needs to..Rios has been really good...and getting stronger and may have surpassed Humes in my opinion...I think he would make a real nice SAM eventually

And once Neufeld is back to game speed our O-line will be **** good....and deeeep...One of Speller or Gray will be the 6th man, and we have Eli and Desjarlais in our back pocket..both of whom have gotten a lot of in game work...we are sitting pretty good there

OL depth is the least of our worries ATM.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #1326 on: September 18, 2019, 05:42:30 PM »

Some of our rookies have been able to play in meaningful game time. This can only be taken as a good thing while some starters have been injured. They've played well even when we were forced into using our # 2 or # 3 players on the depth chart.

Potentially we'll have another off season where we may lose some free agents. Some due to SMS and some due to players deciding to leave for other reasons. There are good succession plans in place if that happens.

Fenner, Gaitor, Sayles, Rose, Jefferson, Hecht, Woli, Petermann, Speller, Nichols and Streveler are among the potential free agents IIRC.

That's a large list of large talent we'd rather keep if possible.

No more excuses.
booch

« Reply #1327 on: September 18, 2019, 05:55:07 PM »

all talent that we can easily maintain under our SMS for next year, and of that list if any aren't back I'm thinking it's Hecht and Speller...we have Jones..Exume and Hallett that can be used for Hecht if its for sms savings to use elsewhere...also Eli and Desjarlais may be the cheaper options with more upside than Speller who won't command huge bucks for his next contract, but quality starting national lineman on second deal is gonna cost you 100k at minimum...

Fenner, Rose and Sayles I see as priority must signs, and that may be at expense of Gaitor, but I think Rios would lock that down as a cheaper and younger option, with upside...and so goses life in a SMS world...can't keep em all
blue girl

« Reply #1328 on: September 18, 2019, 07:40:12 PM »

all talent that we can easily maintain under our SMS for next year, and of that list if any aren't back I'm thinking it's Hecht and Speller...we have Jones..Exume and Hallett that can be used for Hecht if its for sms savings to use elsewhere...also Eli and Desjarlais may be the cheaper options with more upside than Speller who won't command huge bucks for his next contract, but quality starting national lineman on second deal is gonna cost you 100k at minimum...

Fenner, Rose and Sayles I see as priority must signs, and that may be at expense of Gaitor, but I think Rios would lock that down as a cheaper and younger option, with upside...and so goses life in a SMS world...can't keep em all
IMO Jefferson is the #1 must sign for next year along with Rose. And if I had to pick one or the other I would go with Petermann over Wolitarsky.
booch

« Reply #1329 on: September 18, 2019, 08:08:51 PM »

IMO Jefferson is the #1 must sign for next year along with Rose. And if I had to pick one or the other I would go with Petermann over Wolitarsky.
I didn't include Jefferson as I had assumed people would have known that was a given for priority
Blue In BC

« Reply #1330 on: September 18, 2019, 09:16:43 PM »

I wouldn't say it will be easy to keep most of those players in the SMS. That's an over simplification.  It may come down to what happens salary wise with our QB's.

Even though we haven't rostered 3 QB's for the entire season that will save some money in 2020. That extra roster spot will go to a global player and he'll be exempt from SMS IIRC.

Very good chance Neufeld is released, traded? His 2019 salary will be mostly exempt due to being on the 6 game IR. However it will open up some ability to keep the younger OL in the 2020 budget. His salary would have been part of the 2019 budget. Since he's spent most of the 2019 on the 6 game IR we may have some SMS left at the end of the season with his and some other vets on long term 6 game IR.

Could have room to sign some potential free agents using 2019 SMS before the end of the year.

I was expecting to lose Petermann who probably goes out east. We probably have a decent shot at keeping Wolitarsky though.

From a positive point of view I'd think players will WANT to stay in Winnipeg. Culture and a winning foundation, playoff money etc will be a draw to staying rather than leaving.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 01:36:58 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
gobombersgo

« Reply #1331 on: September 20, 2019, 12:03:25 AM »

Guys released from the active roster:

2019-09-19   WPG    WRIGHT, Dondre   DB   N   Henderson State   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2019-09-19   WPG    WILLIAMS, Malcolm   WR   N   Langley Rams Jr.   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2019-09-19   WPG    ROSE, Larry        RB   A   New Mexico State   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2019-09-19   WPG    LATOUR, Maxime   OL   N   Sherbrooke         Delete From Active   Free Agent

M.O.A.B.

« Reply #1332 on: September 20, 2019, 12:45:06 AM »

Guys released from the active roster:

2019-09-19   WPG    WRIGHT, Dondre   DB   N   Henderson State   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2019-09-19   WPG    WILLIAMS, Malcolm   WR   N   Langley Rams Jr.   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2019-09-19   WPG    ROSE, Larry        RB   A   New Mexico State   Delete From Active   Free Agent
2019-09-19   WPG    LATOUR, Maxime   OL   N   Sherbrooke         Delete From Active   Free Agent

or moved to PR

CONFIRMED: All 4 are moved to PR.

Also Alexander is moved to 1-game IR.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 02:17:37 PM by M.O.A.B. » Logged
Pigskin

« Reply #1333 on: September 20, 2019, 02:37:21 PM »

It looks like Mr. Remple is back. The good thing is we are getting healthy, injured players are practicing, the bombers are getting healthy at the right time of the year. Knock on Wood.
Blue In BC

« Reply #1334 on: September 20, 2019, 02:49:54 PM »

It looks like Mr. Remple is back. The good thing is we are getting healthy, injured players are practicing, the bombers are getting healthy at the right time of the year. Knock on Wood.

Exactly. That's the key to the season. It's the wildcard so to speak.

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 96
  Print  

Jump to: