Blue Bombers Forum
July 21, 2019, 06:32:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2018-2019  (Read 60124 times)
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #1080 on: July 02, 2019, 02:48:42 PM »

Chouda was on the PR.  We need another DE PR body.  Until Kongbo can go.  Which, by the way they have handled this, sounds like it is very soon, or soon enough that they were not worried about losing Chouda...

No doubt they have players identified ready to get the call... that's what scouts are for.  But it is a PR spot, not the easiest thing to get a player to come to.  PR spots filled out of TC are guys already in camp, already in Canada, who think they have a chance of making the AR based on a month of practice with the squad.  A lot different than "Hey, want a non guaranteed spot at a minimal wage, and we can't help you with housing, etc... "  Now, if an AR spot comes open,  different story.

Hey, these things do happen.  Just ask T.J. Thorpe.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #1081 on: July 02, 2019, 04:28:19 PM »

Darrin Bauming, TSN.
‏ @DarrinBauming
5m5 minutes ago

John Santiago arrived back in Winnipeg today. The running back out of @UNDFootball was a cut out of #Bombers training camp. Let's see if Winnipeg re-signs him in the wake of his college teammate Brady Oliveira undergoing ankle surgery.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #1082 on: July 02, 2019, 04:59:04 PM »

Darrin Bauming, TSN.
‏ @DarrinBauming
5m5 minutes ago

John Santiago arrived back in Winnipeg today. The running back out of @UNDFootball was a cut out of #Bombers training camp. Let's see if Winnipeg re-signs him in the wake of his college teammate Brady Oliveira undergoing ankle surgery.

Yeah!  Despite my musing above, love the versatility Santiago brings, he was my first choice as a returner during TC, dynamic explosive player who can make yards by breaking tackles and making people miss, doesn't need to rely so much on clean lanes.
gobombersgo

« Reply #1083 on: July 03, 2019, 09:37:27 PM »

Blue Bombers Transactions - July 3, 2019

WINNIPEG, MB., July 3, 2019 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the following transactions.

Added to practice roster:

International running back John Santiago (North Dakota)

Bombers acquired rights to NCAA QB, NFL receiver Greg Ward in trade with Stampeders
By Justin Dunk -  July 2, 2019

Winnipeg traded defensive end Patrick Choudja in exchange for the rights to Greg Ward from Calgary in the Canada Day trade.

The Bombers added Ward to their negotiation list as he's currently under contract with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Ward had a spectacular NCAA career at the University of Houston as a duel-threat quarterback. He completed 67.8 per cent of his passes for 8,704 yards, 52 touchdowns against 26 interceptions while rushing 557 times for 2,381 yards and 39 touchdowns. He even recorded 25 receptions for 228 yards and two touchdowns.

The Tyler, Texas native stands five-foot-10, weighing 186 pounds with speed (4.59 40-yard dash) and athleticism (34.5-inch vertical jump). Ward went unselected in the 2017 NFL draft, but the Eagles signed him to an undrafted free agent contract.

He spent parts of two seasons in Philadelphia prior to playing in the now-defunct Alliance of American Football league for the San Antonio Commanders, making 22 catches for 214 yards in eight games. After the AAF suspended football operations, Ward re-signed with the Eagles.

If Ward ever made his way to Canada, the dynamic playmaker could be an intriguing offensive weapon.

https://3downnation.com/2019/07/02/bombers-acquired-rights-to-ncaa-qb-nfl-receiver-greg-ward-in-trade-with-stampeders/
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 12:59:06 AM by gobombersgo » Logged

Blue In BC

« Reply #1084 on: July 03, 2019, 09:43:57 PM »

Yeah!  Despite my musing above, love the versatility Santiago brings, he was my first choice as a returner during TC, dynamic explosive player who can make yards by breaking tackles and making people miss, doesn't need to rely so much on clean lanes.

Nelson is doing pretty well so far. In theory Nelson could replace an in game injury to a receiver without impacting the ratio. Santiago couldn't replace Harris without an additional change.

Now whether Santiago is a better returner or perceived as a better option as a DI are a couple of the questions.

I'm ok with him on the PR but will be somewhat surprised if he makes the AR unless there is an injury to our returner or to A. Harris.

Some of currently injured DB's on the PR are reportedly good returners.

So versatility and ratio come into play. He may be an excellent RB and returner. How or why we get him on the roster is a problem. Same issue we had with Flanders.

No more excuses.
blue newt

« Reply #1085 on: July 03, 2019, 11:44:06 PM »

Nelson is doing pretty well so far. In theory Nelson could replace an in game injury to a receiver without impacting the ratio. Santiago couldn't replace Harris without an additional change.

Now whether Santiago is a better returner or perceived as a better option as a DI are a couple of the questions.

I'm ok with him on the PR but will be somewhat surprised if he makes the AR unless there is an injury to our returner or to A. Harris.

Some of currently injured DB's on the PR are reportedly good returners.

So versatility and ratio come into play. He may be an excellent RB and returner. How or why we get him on the roster is a problem. Same issue we had with Flanders.

That about sums it up.  Was sad to see Flanders go because I feel like we never really got to fully see what he could do.  But with the ratio the way its distributed, he just couldn't crack the roster.  Not sure how Santiago is going to be different. 

But, we'll see, I guess!
gobombersgo

« Reply #1086 on: July 04, 2019, 09:20:13 PM »

Game 3 rosters:

Jeff Hamilton   @jeffkhamilton
#Bombers release their game-day roster. Looks like Adam Bighill is out. Kyrie Wilson to take his spot at middle; Jesse Briggs takes over at weak side. #wfp

Ed Tait   @EdTaitWFC
Two lineup changes for the #Bombers and one is a biggie.. Biggie. Adam Bighill has been moved to one-game injured list. Kyrie Wilson moves to the middle with Jesse Briggs starting at weak-side linebacker. Nick Temple and Johnny Augustine on, Brady Oliveira to 6-game inj list.

Darrin Bauming, TSN.   @DarrinBauming
A hamstring injury will hold Adam Bighill out of the #Bombers' lineup this week.

Mike O'Shea shared with reporters in Ottawa today that they decided to be cautious with him. "He probably didn't have that final gear that he probably needs." h/t @jeffkhamilton

gobombersgo

« Reply #1087 on: July 05, 2019, 09:32:01 PM »

WPG Blue Bombers   @Wpg_BlueBombers
Today's starting lineup.
Inactives: #55 Jamar McGloster

gobombersgo

« Reply #1088 on: July 10, 2019, 02:54:23 AM »

BOMBERS ADD DEFENSIVE BACK DONDRE WRIGHT

WINNIPEG, MB., July 8, 2019 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has added National defensive back Dondre Wright to the practice roster.

Wright (5'10, 210, Henderson State, April 7, 1994 in Ajax, ON) spent two seasons at Henderson State, an NCAA Division II school in Arkansas, where in 11 games produced 65 tackles. That performance was enough to get him an invite to the 2017 NFL regional combine. Wright was Montreal's third-round (20th overall) draft choice in 2017. He played 27 games for the Alouettes and had 59 tackles.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/07/08/bombers-add-defensive-back-dondre-wright/

gobombersgo

« Reply #1089 on: July 11, 2019, 09:06:08 PM »

Game 4 rosters:

Ted Wyman   @Ted_Wyman
Here is #Bombers depth chart for Friday's game vs. Toronto #Argos. Adam Bighill returns at middle linebacker, while Kenny Lawler comes in for the injured Chris Matthews at slotback. #CFL

To be more precise: Adam Bighill is on the roster for the #Bombers this week vs. #Argos. This does not guarantee that he will play as he has not practised all week. Coach Mike O'Shea said he wanted to give Bighill as much time as possible to get back in. #CFL

Darrin Bauming, TSN.   @DarrinBauming
Despite the depth chart, Adam Bighill?s status for Friday still up in the air. The #Bombers list only six O-linemen, so Bighill (hamstring) could still potentially be scratched. O'Shea said this week the decision might be made right at game time.

Bighill says he will be a game-time decision Friday and is waiting for a green light from the #Bombers staff. Bighill says he has been preparing as if he will play.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 12:20:36 AM by gobombersgo » Logged

Blue In BC

« Reply #1090 on: July 11, 2019, 09:13:30 PM »

I'd be targeting Fogg at HB and Wild at WIL a lot.

" Lemon drop " Lemon is on the 1 game IR.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 09:15:23 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #1091 on: July 11, 2019, 11:18:02 PM »

I'm hoping that we've lulled the Argos, specifically their secondary, into a false sense of security by having to scratch Matthews for the game and that Nichols makes them pay for it...

I'm not sure which one, but I'm thinking that we have another standout performance by one of our receivers again this game... or, it may be more balanced as the group as a whole may be used to pick them apart... if we can continue to focus on going where they're not we'll be good...

I'm hoping that Matt gets off to another hot start passing as it tends to open up things for the run game as well... if we can once again provide that balanced attack and keep the Argos on their heels all night we will show that our #1 position in the power rankings is for real and everyone had better respect it...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
gobombersgo

« Reply #1092 on: July 12, 2019, 07:19:27 AM »

As per Darren Cameron:

Roster change for tomorrow: DB Marcus Rios has been placed on the six-game injured list. DB Chris Humes comes off the PR to the active roster for tomorrow's game.

Transactions July 11th:
2019-07-11   WPG    THOMPKINS, Kenbrell   WR   A   Cincinnati   Delete From Suspended   Free Agent

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming
Bighill is out tonight. Kyrie Wilson moves to middle linebacker, and Jesse Briggs to weakside linebacker. #Bombers

WPG Blue Bombers   @Wpg_BlueBombers
Tonight's starting lineup.
Inactive: #4 Adam Bighill.
#ForTheW

« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 12:19:59 AM by gobombersgo » Logged

Norm W

« Reply #1093 on: July 12, 2019, 04:27:27 PM »

... if we can once again provide that balanced attack and keep the Argos on their heels all night

That my friend is the clubs moniker if you will, its calling card, the balanced attack. When you force a defence to cover the entire field it opens up holes.

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
Blue In BC

« Reply #1094 on: July 12, 2019, 06:40:38 PM »

I see we released Thompkins from the suspended list. Why do teams do that and why do some teams have 4 - 6 players suspended?

Releasing a player then allows him to sign elsewhere. I don't want him back and I don't mind him getting an opportunity elsewhere per se.

OTOH I don't want to have players not report for TC, then get suspended, released and then sign elsewhere 4 weeks later.

It's a little like the PR thing. Another team should make some sort of " trade " even if it's a neg list player as happened with Choudja going to Calgary. 

I wonder if he shows up on another team in the next couple of weeks.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 08:58:38 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74
  Print  

Jump to: