Blue Bombers Forum
May 19, 2022, 06:30:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 98
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2018-2019  (Read 334849 times)
Horseman

« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2018, 07:25:56 PM »

I don't mind being called out and challenged on it...and never said any highschool team or JUCO team would thump em or give them (CIS) teams A GOOD RUN FOR THEIR MONEY....  BUT many would....and yeah some Canucks made  A JUCO team after not making their Canadian team...so they just quit at end of camp and went south?..seems highly suspect, and some JUCO loops are garbage ball...especially the ones in the Northern parts of the U.S...that I will give you in your argument.

But further south and especially on the coast many are DIV 1 calibre but are in JUCO for a myriad of reasons..not talent reasons or lack there of.

I find it hard to believe all this top tier first round NFL talent that you faced in the CIS fell through the cracks and never became first rounders in the NFL draft, as they were much better than the Sports Illustrated ranked guys...do you have names of said NCaa guy who sucked in comparison to the CIS competition?

I've seen U.S highschool teams have O-lines average 300+ pounds as seniors and all go on to start in top NCAA programs the following year and you would be hard pressed to find 5 guys in all of the CIS who could be dominat starters in the same programs, and it's not like they have no opportunity..especially these days because if they were good enough..they would be there already...like 99 percent of the talented Canadian kids are, and the rest stay in CIS schools....to tell me a kid would balk at a scholarship and all that went with a top U.S college to play CIS ball is laughable...at least with all the players former and current that I have worked with

Never said a kid would balk at the chance for a scholarship to a US school, that is something you are trying to pin on me. My point is...Canadian players in the CIS have talent and can compete with American players in fact our younger kids are beating their American opponents in head to head games down south. The guy from the University of Northern Arizona Lumberjacks that I was referring to was a fellow named James Guy.
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #106 on: December 27, 2018, 02:57:03 AM »

BOMBERS ADD TWO TO ROSTER

WINNIPEG, MB., December 26, 2018 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed national defensive back Jacob Firlotte and International linebacker Otha Peters Jr.

Firlotte (6-3, 216, Queen`s University, May 29, 1996 in Abbotsford, BC) was selected 58th overall in the 2018 CFL Draft by the Blue Bombers and spent part of last season on the club's practice roster. Firlotte spent four seasons with the Queen's Gaels, playing in 30 games, and recording 49 solo tackles and three interceptions during that time.

Peters (6-0, 235, Louisiana-Lafayette, February 27, 1994 in Covington, Louisiana) played two season with the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns, totalling 162 tackles, two sacks, two fumble recoveries and four pass deflections in 25 games. In 2017, Peters signed with the Seattle Seahawks as an undrafted free agent. He also spent time with the Washington Redskins and Kansas City Chiefs, playing in three NFL games.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/12/26/bombers-add-two-roster-6/

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2018, 03:16:30 AM »

Spoiler: There have been no reports of Santos-Knox or Jeffcoat or any other Bombers having NFL workouts.

The CFL related NFL workout tracker
Posted on December 26, 2018 by 3Down Staff

Many high-profile CFL players have been strutting their stuff for NFL teams since the 2018 Grey Cup was won by the Calgary Stampeders.

Players are trying to impress and land a contract in the four-down league. NFL teams can sign players to futures contracts on Dec. 31, the day after the end of the regular season.

Here's a list of the workouts we know about compiled from various sources including Howard Balzer on Twitter and our own Justin Dunk and we'll update the list as warranted. (If you're a player reading the list and don't see your workouts listed let us know).

Bo Levi Mitchell, QB, Calgary Stampeders
Mike Reilly, QB, Edmonton Eskimos
Alex Singleton, LB, Calgary Stampeders
Duke Williams, REC, Edmonton Eskimos
Sam Eguavoen, LB, Saskatchewan Roughriders
Kwaku Boateng, DE, Edmonton Eskimos
Dakoda Shepley, OL, rights owned by the Saskatchewan Roughriders
Jameer Thurman, LB, Calgary Stampeders
Avery Ellis, DL, Ottawa Redblacks
Ty Long, K, B.C. Lions
Bryant Mitchell, REC, Edmonton Eskimos
Ryker Mathews, OL, Hamilton Tiger-Cats
Tevaughn Campbell, DB, Montreal Alouettes
Winston Rose, DB, B.C. Lions
Diontae Spencer, REC, Ottawa Redblacks
Chris Ackie, DB-LB, Ottawa Redblacks
James Vaughters, DL, Calgary Stampeders
Marken Michel, REC, Calgary Stampeders
Jordan Williams-Lambert, REC, Saskatchewan Roughriders
Tobi Antigha, DB, Saskatchewan Roughriders
Chris Edwards, DB, Edmonton Eskimos
Dexter McCoil, LB-DB, free agent
Mercy Maston, DB, Edmonton Eskimos
Jake Ceresna, DL, Edmonton Eskimos
Terry Williams, RB/RET, Calgary Stampeders

http://3downnation.com/2018/12/26/the-cfl-related-nfl-workout-tracker/
Note; Checkout the article for the teams that the players have tried out for.

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2018, 04:38:48 PM »

The hype is on BLM receiving an offer but it wouldn't shock me if Reilly gets one first, despite his age he's going to impress any team that works him out enough with his ability and toughness that they might be willing to gamble on a few years of instant production.  I think he'd make a great #2 QB in the NFL, especially when compared honestly against many of his rookie competitors.
Jesse

« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2018, 10:53:53 PM »

The hype is on BLM receiving an offer but it wouldn't shock me if Reilly gets one first, despite his age he's going to impress any team that works him out enough with his ability and toughness that they might be willing to gamble on a few years of instant production.  I think he'd make a great #2 QB in the NFL, especially when compared honestly against many of his rookie competitors.

That would shock me.

My wife is amazing!
theaardvark

« Reply #110 on: December 28, 2018, 03:38:39 PM »

Wasn't JSK getting some love down south?  Surprising no Bombers at all on that list.  I saw a piece where Streveler was listed as having potential looks, except he does not have the NFL window in his deal. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2018, 04:32:02 PM »

Finally a workout by a Bomber. Jeffcoat worked out for the Bengals.

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2019, 08:44:57 PM »

BOMBERS EXTEND CONTRACT OF NATIONAL FULLBACK JOHN RUSH, SIGN DEFENSIVE BACK ERIC PATTERSON

WINNIPEG, MB.,  January 4, 2019 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed national fullback John Rush to a two-year extension, and also signed international defensive back Eric Patterson.

Rush has spent the past two seasons with Winnipeg, playing in 31 games and recording seven special teams tackles. Rush was set to become a free agent next month.

Patterson (5-10, 193, Ball State University, February 5, 1993 in Tampa, FL) played four seasons with the Ball State University Cardinals, playing in 41 total games and starting 28 times. In his collegiate career, he recorded 189 total tackles and had six interceptions. In his senior season, he had 23 kick returns and averaged 25.7 yards.  Patterson was signed as an undrafted free agent by the New England Patriots in 2015 and has been on the Indianapolis Colts, St. Louis Rams, and Cleveland Browns' practice squads. He returns to the Blue Bombers after signing with the club in January, 2018.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/01/04/bombers-extend-contract-national-fullback-john-rush-sign-defensive-back-eric-patterson/

Patterson was signed last Jan 11 and transferred to the suspended list on May 20.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 08:50:46 PM by gobombersgo » Logged

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2019, 09:57:43 PM »

Another note: Hardrick, Briggs and Miller's contracts were all made official on Jan 3. Any signing bonuses would be going against the 2019 cap.

Ricky Bobby

« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2019, 01:33:34 PM »

Just heard on TSN1290 that Medlock was re-signed for 2 more years

**fixed for ards the grammar police
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 03:01:33 PM by Ricky Bobby » Logged
TBURGESS

« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2019, 01:48:05 PM »

WPG Blue Bombers Verified account @Wpg_BlueBombers

The team has agreed to terms on a two-year contract extension with kicker Justin Medlock.

http://ow.ly/QO1v30ncZik 

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
theaardvark

« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2019, 01:52:59 PM »

Just heard on TSN1290 that Medlock was resigned for 2 more years

Resigned means quit.  Re-signed means he signed a new contract.  Punctuation is important...

Just heard on TSN1290 that Medlock was re-signed for 2 more years

**fixed for ards the grammar police

Thanks Wink
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 08:14:33 PM by theaardvark » Logged

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Ricky Bobby

« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2019, 03:00:42 PM »

Resigned means quit.  Re-signed means he signed a new contract.  Punctuation is important...

Roll Eyes
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2019, 01:14:02 PM »

BOMBERS AGREE TO TERMS WITH DEFENSIVE TACKLE JAKE THOMAS ON ONE-YEAR EXTENSION

WINNIPEG, MB., January 8, 2019 -  The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms with Canadian defensive tackle Jake Thomas.

Thomas will be entering his eighth CFL season in 2019, all with Winnipeg. He has recorded 92 defensive tackles, 13 sacks, three forced fumbles and one interception in 119 games played (25 starts). In 2018, Thomas recorded three sacks, 17 defensive tackles and two forced fumbles while appearing in all 18 games and both playoff contests. Thomas was originally drafted by the Bombers 29th overall in the 2012 CFL Draft.

"I'm very excited to be returning for my eighth year with the Bombers," said Thomas. "Winnipeg and the organization have become like a second home to me, and to be able to have another shot at our ultimate goal is something I am very appreciative for."

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/01/08/bombers-agree-terms-defensive-tackle-jake-thomas-one-year-extension/

Darren Cameron   @Darren_Cameron  52 minutes ago
#Bombers have agreed to terms with national defensive tackle Jake Thomas on one-year extension. The 2019 season will be Thomas' eighth in the CFL - all with Winnipeg - since being selected 29th overall in the 2012 CFL Draft.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 01:22:57 PM by gobombersgo » Logged

blue_or_die

« Reply #119 on: January 08, 2019, 01:58:06 PM »

From not being re-signed to getting extended in the next year's off season. Good for Jake.

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 98
  Print  

Jump to: