Blue Bombers Forum
June 27, 2019, 04:17:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Print  
Author Topic: Other Team Cuts and Transactions.  (Read 9269 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #240 on: June 26, 2019, 04:29:42 PM »

At 288 pounds, he's 10 pounds lighter than our lightest guy. From what I've read, hes more finesse than power. So a guy like Richardson, who is powerful, might be able to push him around.

Besides Wagoner and Johnstone, I cant recall a 1st round Sup pick recently. I'm sure during the regular draft Bennett, just like Wolitarsky, would have been a 1st rounder

Didn't the Stamps take Singleton with a 1st round pick, 6th overall?

Regardless you can never tell in any draft version. We took Woli with a 3rd rounder and that worked out. We took Ekakitie with a 1st round draft and that was a total failure.

Time will tell. Both on how Bennett progresses and how our young guys develop.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 04:41:28 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #241 on: June 26, 2019, 04:59:22 PM »

Wow... how does MTL pass on giving up a 3rd for him?  Do they bid in succession, or one bid only, highest wins?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #242 on: June 26, 2019, 05:19:29 PM »

Wow... how does MTL pass on giving up a 3rd for him?  Do they bid in succession, or one bid only, highest wins?

Apparently their criteria for selecting a player in the supplemental draft matches that of 8 other teams so you can't fault them there.  Inserting a rookie of this calibre into their lineup as a starter is just going to make the problem worse, not better.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #243 on: June 26, 2019, 05:26:36 PM »

Apparently their criteria for selecting a player in the supplemental draft matches that of 8 other teams so you can't fault them there.  Inserting a rookie of this calibre into their lineup as a starter is just going to make the problem worse, not better.

but hey, it's Montreal... they've demonstrated the ability to make their team worse when they add good, seasoned veterans to their team as late, so moving backwards once again shouldn't shock or surprise anyone...  Grin

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
the paw

« Reply #244 on: June 26, 2019, 06:52:40 PM »

Montreal has Matte and Spencer Wilson as experienced OL, but they also have Rutherford, Johnstone and Jamieson as young guys who are all pushing for playing time.  Zach Wilkinson, another decent prospect, is on the practice roster.  It wouldn't make a lot of sense to spend a 3rd rounder on this new guy, just to push another prospect off the AR. 

Als have problems, but the National talent on the o-line doesn't look like one of them. 

grab grass 'n growl
Blue In BC

« Reply #245 on: June 26, 2019, 06:59:21 PM »

Eskimo's moved JSK to 6 game IR. WOW. What was his injury in late 2018?

Also they activated Travis Bond so that will help on their OL. Not sure what ratio adjustments they made for that.

No more excuses.
the paw

« Reply #246 on: June 26, 2019, 07:27:13 PM »

Also they activated Travis Bond so that will help on their OL. Not sure what ratio adjustments they made for that.

They are starting a Canadian (Hoover)  at safety instead of import Hunter, whom they move to DI and sit Taylor. 

grab grass 'n growl
gobombersgo

« Reply #247 on: June 26, 2019, 07:29:10 PM »

Dave Campbell @Dave_CHED

OL Jacob Ruby is on the 1-game injured list so the #Eskimos will flip ratio at LG with Travis Bond. Ripple effect is a ratio-flip at safety with Jordan Hoover starting. LB Jovan Santos-Knox has been moved from the 1-game inj. list to the 6-game inj. list. #CFL

Blue In BC

« Reply #248 on: June 26, 2019, 07:35:59 PM »

Dave Campbell @Dave_CHED

OL Jacob Ruby is on the 1-game injured list so the #Eskimos will flip ratio at LG with Travis Bond. Ripple effect is a ratio-flip at safety with Jordan Hoover starting. LB Jovan Santos-Knox has been moved from the 1-game inj. list to the 6-game inj. list. #CFL

Hoover should practice waving goodbye as Adams and Matthews run by him.

No more excuses.
theaardvark

« Reply #249 on: June 26, 2019, 08:34:49 PM »

Mike Sawatzky @sawa14

Less than 24 hrs after saying he would be part of Edmonton?s defensive rototion, Jovan Santos-Knox goes on 6-game IR.  #WFP

JSK to the 6 game, same as Neufeld?  "Business" decision because they aren't practicing anyways?  Can't have premium paid players chewing up SMS on the 1 game...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
kkc60

« Reply #250 on: June 26, 2019, 11:09:57 PM »

Its not a roster move per se, but former Bomber Abu Conteh took part in the LA XFL teams summer showcase as a corner.

Also John Santiago, a RB for us in the preseason, was there as a WR.

If either show anything in the XFL, I would definitely hope the BB bring em back. Especially if Santiago has strong receiving abilities.

Wish them nothing but luck and I hope he makes the team and that the league thrives.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 11:12:53 PM by kkc60 » Logged
BlueInCgy

« Reply #251 on: Today at 03:39:00 AM »

Breaking news - after an 0-2 start, Mike Reilly cuts his beard. Grin
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Print  

Jump to: