Blue Bombers Forum
September 15, 2019, 08:15:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  
Author Topic: CFL Free Agents signing with the AAF?  (Read 22097 times)
Norm W

« Reply #180 on: December 10, 2018, 05:17:34 PM »

they are throwing a bag of corn through a hole......

Regards,

Capt Obvious. 

Obvious? I grew up both knowing and calling them bean bags, can honestly say this is the 1st time I have heard the term corn bags.

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #181 on: December 10, 2018, 05:23:47 PM »

That is some backwardsassed ****!  Who thought "we should televise this, people will watch!!!"

I clicked on it too...now my youtube feed is going to have this cornholio crap on it...it is basically a real life SNL sketch..

Its a flippen' bean bag toss nothing more..
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #182 on: December 10, 2018, 05:38:38 PM »

Obvious? I grew up both knowing and calling them bean bags, can honestly say this is the 1st time I have heard the term corn bags.

Got to get those "corn dollars" flowing in, probably some govt. subsidies involved.  Grin
bluengold204

« Reply #183 on: December 10, 2018, 06:30:18 PM »

It's not just kids. I'm 60+. I cut the cord and moved away from the big internet providers like Shaw and Telus to get better speeds for less money. I'm paying about a third of what I used to pay and am getting faster internet with no caps. Local TV is over the air and it's great quality. 100% free. 100% legal.

Free streaming is a grey area. Corporations 'go after' companies who share content, not the individual users, but it's like playing 'Whack a mole'. Knock one company off line and two more pop up again. The biggest problems from an end user standpoint is the quality of the free streams, the fact that they aren't up 100% of the time and that you constantly have to look for a new source. When you really want to see something, it's better to pay for the HD stream.

May I ask which internet provider you use?  I'm done with shaw lol
TBURGESS

« Reply #184 on: December 10, 2018, 07:27:21 PM »

I'm on Vmedia (Cable 75 with free TV for 6 Months for $50/Month) mostly because you can get 100% legit TV through them. TekSavvy and Lightspeed are other good options in Calgary, but you have to find your TV elsewhere.

Being right never gets old.
the paw

« Reply #185 on: December 10, 2018, 07:49:53 PM »

And that's the difference between growing up in Kansas versus the Red River Valley.  If you grew up in Nunavat, the game would probably be Icehole....

Grin

grab grass 'n growl
Norm W

« Reply #186 on: December 10, 2018, 08:24:29 PM »

And that's the difference between growing up in Kansas versus the Red River Valley.  If you grew up in Nunavat, the game would probably be Icehole....

Grin

...and that little square cotton bag used in Nunavat would be filled with what? ice cubes, crushed ice?

buckzumhoff

« Reply #187 on: December 10, 2018, 11:13:23 PM »

They call it corn hole so its corn hole. Bean bags have little metal ball bearings, corn bags have corn.
Norm W

« Reply #188 on: December 11, 2018, 12:59:49 PM »

Bean bags have little metal ball bearings, corn bags have corn.

Nah... Bean bags have beans in them, ask my dog. Sounds like you have one of those 70's era ball bearing bags, Russian I think?

When's TC start?  Roll Eyes

blue_or_die

« Reply #189 on: December 11, 2018, 01:03:51 PM »

Is this conversation actually happening?
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #190 on: December 11, 2018, 01:15:33 PM »

It has the makings of a classic off season thread...

so far we have learned about a cornhole championship broadcast on ESPN which essentially is a bean bag toss you find in preschool and kindergarten rooms

debate on what "bean bags" are made of - ponder that for a minute, just let it sink in and enjoy the simplicity of that debate

Happy Holidays folks!!

Stretch

« Reply #191 on: December 11, 2018, 04:05:55 PM »

Like Norm W said, how long until TC?  Cheesy

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
GCn19

« Reply #192 on: December 11, 2018, 04:12:19 PM »

Agree 100%, I want guaranteed access to CFL games and the option of watching them whenever I can, and I don't mind paying for it.  A complaint I have about YareTV is that they leave the commercials in even on the replays of games which is so annoying, anyone know if it is the same for TSN Go Video on Demand?

TSNgo does not have the commercials of the original show but does stop every so often for a 30 second Coors Light commercial.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #193 on: December 11, 2018, 05:20:09 PM »

Nah... Bean bags have beans in them, ask my dog. Sounds like you have one of those 70's era ball bearing bags, Russian I think?

When's TC start?  Roll Eyes

I heard from an Internet friend that those Russian bean bags containing ball bearings are actually radioactive, a clever scheme to trick the West into paying for their nuclear waste disposal program!!! !!!
theaardvark

« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2018, 06:44:16 PM »

I was looking for a 5" hole saw for ceiling tiles to install lighting in the basement, and kept seeing "cornhole saws".  Finally had to look it up, they actually sell saws specifically for making corn hole boards.  It sounds like it is a pretty big "sport"... maybe not as big as pro bowling (as opposed to ProBowling) but still big enough to sell tools to make the props.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  

Jump to: