Blue Bombers Forum
October 19, 2019, 08:32:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jonathon Rose Suspended  (Read 7381 times)
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2018, 05:36:10 PM »

I take it back. I guess you are allowed to suplex-slam the ref down. Look out, Andre!
ok ok hang on here if it?s Proulx ya he can be contacted, np. lol

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
DarkDays

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2018, 05:38:26 PM »

By chance...are you a legal aid lawyer?... Or just waiting for cataract surgery?  Wink

"The kid ain't bad....he's just misunderstood...."

"I think we're done here." 
                                   - Ross Tucker
Blue In BC

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2018, 05:41:49 PM »

Plus his RP penalty was one taken for an out of bounds hit and a body blow. Not exactly a close call on that part of the disqualification. Essentially he double dipped into an idiot move twice.

I lose all respect for Ambrosie if Rose plays.

No more excuses.
dd

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2018, 05:47:42 PM »

Geez... Ambrosie is showing himself to be a proverbial tower of jello.

Which way is the wind blowing, Commissioner Windsock?
Agree 100%. Ambrosie is making this league look totally weak and bush league.
Leroy

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2018, 06:01:40 PM »

Randy Ambrosie is a joke.

No other league would treat the abuse of an official lightly.

I guess if it doesn't involve a 'Der he feels no pressure to protect people.
Norm W

« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2018, 06:12:51 PM »

I can only assume there's not a lot of union members posting in this thread. Doesn't matter how blatant the foul was or if they have it on tape from 15 different angles. They have a signed agreement between the two bodies that says he has the right to appeal any disciplinary action taken against him, he is exercising his negotiated right. If you were in his situation you would be doing the same thing... It's not about disrespecting referee's, not having the stones to stand up and take action, it's just following the process, rights and protections.

...and for the record no I'm not a union guy rep nor have I ever been employed with a company that is unionized.

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
Leroy

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2018, 06:22:40 PM »

There is no CBA right that prevents him from putting out a statement saying that abusing an official is a cardinal sin. I guess in any major league outside of the CFL anyway. No 'Der no foul is Ambrosie's motto.

Look at how Wideman gets a huge suspension in the NHL for shoving a ref.

You cannot hit a ref...period.
Norm W

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2018, 07:01:31 PM »

There is no CBA right that prevents him from putting out a statement saying that abusing an official is a cardinal sin. I guess in any major league outside of the CFL anyway. No 'Der no foul is Ambrosie's motto.

The league (Ambrosie) put out the following statement, didn't use the word cardinal sin but none the less they condemned the action and explained why.

"We are extremely reluctant to take an action that could prevent an athlete from joining his teammates for what may be the most important game of his life. But there is an another principle at stake, one which has very significant implications for our league and sport in general.

If we fail to send a strong signal when there is physical abuse of an official, whatever the circumstances, we risk sending the wrong message to not only the athletes in our league but young and aspiring athletes, coaches and even parents throughout sport. Officials are an important part of athletic competition, responsible for its integrity. While their contributions too often go unsung, we cannot allow them to be disrespected or, worse, abused.

For these reasons, the Canadian Football League has notified  Jonathan Rose of the Ottawa REDBLACKS that he is being assessed a one game suspension for pushing an official during last Sunday's Eastern Final in Ottawa."

Blue In BC

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2018, 07:06:43 PM »

I can only assume there's not a lot of union members posting in this thread. Doesn't matter how blatant the foul was or if they have it on tape from 15 different angles. They have a signed agreement between the two bodies that says he has the right to appeal any disciplinary action taken against him, he is exercising his negotiated right. If you were in his situation you would be doing the same thing... It's not about disrespecting referee's, not having the stones to stand up and take action, it's just following the process, rights and protections.

...and for the record no I'm not a union guy rep nor have I ever been employed with a company that is unionized.

I spent 20 years in different unions. Doesn't mean my right should include a loophole for something as obvious as this infraction.

If I attack my boss with a crowbar, should I really be entitled to an appeal?

Actually for the record this did actually happen in one company I was employed.

EDIT: BTW the attack was not by me or on me. Large company with 600 employees.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 10:38:05 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
buckzumhoff

« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2018, 07:23:33 PM »

I spent 20 years in different unions. Doesn't mean my right should include a loophole for something as obvious as this infraction.

If I attack my boss with a crowbar, should I really be entitled to an appeal?

Actually for the record this did actually happen in one company I was employed.
[/quote

. Must have been pretty upset. Rose should get 5 games for sure. Even if he plays he might not even play next year. It will be more than one game.
buckzumhoff

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2018, 07:25:19 PM »

I think Ottawa as a team should be fined. I think they set the tone in their dressing room. They were hitting late , always blatant taunting during the game. Ottawa has always laid dirty hits on receivers throughout the year. Even if a receiver is down they take an extra shot.
Norm W

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2018, 07:25:58 PM »

None the less, in this case it does! Unless the tribunal forms, hears the case and rules on or before Saturday he's going to get to play. Don't like the game change the rules... which like I said is going to be an uphill climb. Would you give up next years CFL season over the right to an appeal clause in a CBA?  

blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2018, 03:59:01 PM »

I can only assume there's not a lot of union members posting in this thread.

Pretty stupid assumption. I'm unionized at work and I don't agree with the way the appeal process is set up in most sports leagues.

Rose abused an official. That garbage is inexcusable and there should be an exception in this case based on that fact.

#forthew

You can't fix stupid.
Norm W

« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2018, 05:06:50 PM »

Pretty stupid assumption. I'm unionized at work and I don't agree with the way the appeal process is set up in most sports leagues.

...and I gather you think you have the market cornered in intelligence? Sarcasm... tricky thing for some. So you don't agree with the way the appeal process is set up in most sports leagues, your opinion is noted. Which sport league processes do you like, which league has the best process? So if Roses name was replaced with yours, meaning you were in his shoes would your opinion change? I have yet to meet a unionized employee that won't exhaust every negotiated option that works in their favor when there is a grievance, including appeals.. regardless of how ridiculous the grievance actually is. An appeal process is a very basic component of a CBA, I'm actually shocked to hear a union person speak out against the employees right to an appeal and say he shouldn't get it.

Blue In BC

« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2018, 05:16:02 PM »

In most situations the suspension or termination stands. The appeal if won would reinstate the individual with back pay. We see this all the time including in union situations. The fact this is sports shouldn't change that scenario.

If a police officer ( for example ) is thought to have done something wrong: He's either suspended or given desk duty. At times this may be for months or longer before final appeal decisions are concluded.

If Rose had pushed the ref in a pre season game would he have appealed missing the season opener due to a suspension.

This is all about not being able to play in the Grey Cup, the prestige and money that go with it. It should be ONLY about abuse of an official.

We could question whether the degree of severity changes the question as well. If a player actually punches a ref for example. IMO this falls into a more severe blatant abuse.

Needs to change in the new CBA.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 05:33:21 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: