Blue Bombers Forum
December 16, 2018, 01:16:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jonathon Rose Suspended  (Read 2316 times)
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2018, 10:34:40 PM »

No offence but that's dumb. Penalize the city? Get a grip. He pushed an official. That's a no no. Should Tank Reed no have gotten called for holding in the GC years ago because taking back the TD would penalize the city?

He did what he did and thats on him. If he costed his team a GC then he gets to live with that.

Suspend him months later for 3 games? Uh no. What if he goes to a new team? Does that team deserve to lose a guy for 3 games because of something he did when he played for someone else? Or what if he was to go to the NFL or AAFL? Then he just gets away with it?

Today is another game. Same as last week just winner takes all. To pretend it's okay to push a ref because the next game is the GC is wrong on all levels. Rose should have thought before he fought
this

I highly disagree with Motion as well.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TrueBlue75

« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2018, 10:46:35 PM »

I hate that this fool is allowed to be in this game. If he loses his suspension appeal would he have to give back the playoff money for the game?
bustamente

« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2018, 10:49:31 PM »

And of course he makes the first big play of the game.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2018, 04:48:08 PM »

And of course he makes the first big play of the game.

But it all worked out in the end and he's just a loser now.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
theaardvark

« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2018, 06:31:42 PM »

But it all worked out in the end and he's just a loser now.

But he still got an $8k cheque he should not have...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Stretch

« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2018, 03:29:18 PM »

And just for comparison, Leonard Fournette was suspended for one game, appealed, and had the suspension upheld all within about 3 days. https://www.tsn.ca/fournette-s-ban-upheld-will-sit-vs-colts-1.1217301

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2018, 05:02:02 PM »

And just for comparison, Leonard Fournette was suspended for one game, appealed, and had the suspension upheld all within about 3 days. https://www.tsn.ca/fournette-s-ban-upheld-will-sit-vs-colts-1.1217301

Ridiculous. I guess the CFL has a reputation to maintain, though.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
kkc60

« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2018, 06:57:38 PM »

Ridiculous. I guess the CFL has a reputation to maintain, though.
CFLs arbitrator also takes way longer than NFLs I suppose. Remember when Duron Carter played for line a month after appealing a suspension
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2018, 07:01:56 PM »

CFLs arbitrator also takes way longer than NFLs I suppose. Remember when Duron Carter played for line a month after appealing a suspension

Alright, so they make changes to the rule book in the off-season so these circumstances don't happen again, no problem.
Jesse

« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2018, 07:35:05 PM »

Alright, so they make changes to the rule book in the off-season so these circumstances don't happen again, no problem.

This is likely a CBA matter and the Player's Union would fight it.

Big problem.

My wife is amazing!
the paw

« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2018, 07:50:14 PM »

Big problem.

Yes.  Under the CBA appeals of discipline by the Commissioner are dealt with through the Arbitration Process of the CBA.  Since that arbitration process also deals with contract issues, grievances related to practice times, etc. etc. and uses a list of external arbitrators, it is not designed to work within a week.

If the league wanted to address this, they would have to negotiate a change to CBA language and create a separate appeal process for on-field incidents that could be implemented more quickly. 

grab grass 'n growl
Norm W

« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2018, 08:17:56 PM »

The 1st stumbling block comes with setting up an arbitrator, each side has to agree with the selection of the arbitrator. Depending on what you want that process can drag... Imagine you wanted to play in the Grey Cup that was scheduled a mere 7 days from the time the league fined you and issued you a notice of suspension. Fat chance I'm agreeing with the 1st couple arbitrators suggested... I'll be okay with the one that is available to hear my weak *** excuse in January  Grin 

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
Stretch

« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2018, 08:24:08 PM »

Imagine you wanted to play in the Grey Cup that was scheduled a mere 7 days from the time the league fined you and issued you a notice of suspension. Fat chance I'm agreeing with the 1st couple arbitrators suggested... I'll be okay with the one that is available to hear my weak *** excuse in January  Grin 

Unless you play in the Grey Cup and then decided "You know what? I'm going to withdraw my appeal and just sit out a pre-season game next year."  Smiley

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2018, 08:25:09 PM »

All this does is further demonstrate the bush league image of the CFL, IMO. And how seemingly unimportant officials (and officiating) are.

Big problem.

A massive problem. But it needs to be addressed.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
kkc60

« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2018, 09:06:18 PM »

All this does is further demonstrate the bush league image of the CFL, IMO. And how seemingly unimportant officials (and officiating) are.

A massive problem. But it needs to be addressed.
I agree. While officiating in the CFL is quite weak in my opinion, how the league punishes or lack of is weaker. Players essentially appeal a suspension just to play more games before the suspension
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: