Blue Bombers Forum
October 19, 2019, 08:37:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jonathon Rose Suspended  (Read 7382 times)
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2018, 09:24:39 PM »

I take it back. I guess you are allowed to suplex-slam the ref down. Look out, Andre!
Tehedra

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2018, 09:47:37 PM »

Not to mention the penalty wasn't questionable in the first place they were well out of bounds before he flipped over the player. Then aftewrads he had to be pushed off the player he injured and then he went up and pushed the ref over the injured player and pile of bodies. It is sickening, I would hope if the appeal proves he was guilty that they can go well you shouldn't have been in that game so no "bonus" money for you. Play off money is considered bonus money isn't it? So it probably isn't legally binding to pay either.
theaardvark

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2018, 10:24:51 PM »

I don't understand how there cannot be an immediate tribunal on his appeal.  Why any delay?  Do it tomorrow, lots of time before the GC to make a final decision, this is a no brainer, there is no doubt what was done, and what the penalty is for it. 

Any delay is a way the CFL is not wanting to upset the CFLPA, but how the CFLPA could be upset over Rose getting tossed for the GC is crazy.  I bet there isn't a player in the CFLPA, INCLUDING Rose, who thinks that a one game suspension for this act is unwarranted. 

The fact that it represents a payday that could be the equivalent of a game cheque a player making $288k / yr would get... remember, another CFLPA member would get that cheque if Rose does not.  So how does the CFLPA defend Rose in this case?  How do they justify him playing this weekend?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2018, 10:37:31 PM »

If I was football official I would be utterly disgusted with this system. So you can punch an official and play the next week? Wow, sickening.

I hate both teams won?t really be watching.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
dd

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2018, 11:43:55 PM »

The league has got to act promptly, as allowing him to play in the GC is an injustice as there's no guarantee he's even in the league next year. If the league doesn't act, and he is scheduled to play, I wonder if the officials don't take the field in protest. Ambrosie has got to act in Edmonton to bring some severity to the situation. No way the guy should play nor get a cheque for the GC game.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2018, 11:48:20 PM »

The league has got to act promptly, as allowing him to play in the GC is an injustice as there's no guarantee he's even in the league next year. If the league doesn't act, and he is scheduled to play, I wonder if the officials don't take the field in protest. Ambrosie has got to act in Edmonton to bring some severity to the situation. No way the guy should play nor get a cheque for the GC game.
if I was an official I?d boycott until fixed.

dd

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2018, 11:50:30 PM »

so would I. No way do you stand by and allow this level of physical abuse to happen and let the guy play because of a loophole. Ambrosie had better act promptly and ensure justice is served and he doesn't play in the GC.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2018, 03:11:18 AM »

so would I. No way do you stand by and allow this level of physical abuse to happen and let the guy play because of a loophole. Ambrosie had better act promptly and ensure justice is served and he doesn't play in the GC.
he can?t or won?t whatever I give up on this years season. GO JETS GO!

Pigskin

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2018, 02:40:44 PM »

Ambrosie's statement on TSN last night was weak. You can't touch an official, but we don't want players out of the Grey Cup game. Some Ottawa players are defending his actions.
Blue In BC

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2018, 03:55:55 PM »

Ambrosie's statement on TSN last night was weak. You can't touch an official, but we don't want players out of the Grey Cup game. Some Ottawa players are defending his actions.

There is ZERO defense. Players just don't want to see a starter not playing and a big GC game check win or lose.

No more excuses.
drahgon

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2018, 04:11:54 PM »

As for the Rose situation... Ambrosie prides himself on being proactive. This would be a great time to speed up the appeal process while everyone is already in Edmonton anyway. Make the final decision on Saturday.

Exactly this! Pretty bush league if a player is allowed to play after what he did to the referee.
bluengold204

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2018, 04:20:24 PM »

Let him play, ref more tripped over the pile on the ground than being pushed
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2018, 04:26:21 PM »

The official was on the ground because he was pushed by Rose.  Pretty clear in the video.  Whether the official was tripped or not in the process doesn't matter.  You can't put your hands on an official.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Nic16

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2018, 05:11:37 PM »

Let him play, ref more tripped over the pile on the ground than being pushed

By chance...are you a legal aid lawyer?... Or just waiting for cataract surgery?  Wink
DarkDays

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2018, 05:32:12 PM »

Geez... Ambrosie is showing himself to be a proverbial tower of jello.

Which way is the wind blowing, Commissioner Windsock?

"I think we're done here." 
                                   - Ross Tucker
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: