Blue Bombers Forum
December 16, 2018, 01:15:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jonathon Rose Suspended  (Read 2315 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2018, 05:49:24 PM »

At this stage you appeal, it's not about winning the appeal. While the appeal is pending you are "made whole" i.e. You can practice and play... otherwise you are being summarily punished before your day in court.

I don't believe that is correct but I could be incorrect. Just another reason the process needs to be expedited. There is nothing to justify him being able to play this weekend. Previous suspensions have been reduced in length but I'm not aware of any 1 game suspensions not being upheld.

This is not a close call. He pushed the ref with both hands. It's not like there was some unintended incidental contact.

No more excuses.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2018, 05:58:00 PM »

David William Naylor

Verified account

@TSNDaveNaylor
 5m5 minutes ago
More
With Ottawa DB Jonathan Rose appealing his suspension there is no chance his hearing happens before Sunday. So end result will be league stands-up for officials, players association stands-up for player, Rose plays. #CFL
Blue In BC

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2018, 05:59:36 PM »

David William Naylor

Verified account

@TSNDaveNaylor
 5m5 minutes ago
More
With Ottawa DB Jonathan Rose appealing his suspension there is no chance his hearing happens before Sunday. So end result will be league stands-up for officials, players association stands-up for player, Rose plays. #CFL

If this is true it needs to change in the new CBA. Total BS. Rose ( or a given player ) could be out of the league in 2019. Then what?

No more excuses.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2018, 06:04:59 PM »

That is garbage. He does not deserve to play. The appeal process is flawed.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Norm W

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2018, 06:05:40 PM »

Like I said you appeal, it's not about whether you win or not, its about playing in the Grey Cup. If its a regular season game you take the hit and sit. Too much money on the table to sit now.

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2018, 06:08:59 PM »

If this is true it needs to change in the new CBA. Total BS. Rose ( or a given player ) could be out of the league in 2019. Then what?

David William Naylor

Verified account

@TSNDaveNaylor
 5m5 minutes ago
More
If Jonathan Rose loses his appeal post-Grey Cup he would serve suspension in 2019. But as a free agent he could serve suspension with another team or not at all. #CFL
Blue In BC

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2018, 06:14:34 PM »

David William Naylor

Verified account

@TSNDaveNaylor
 5m5 minutes ago
More
If Jonathan Rose loses his appeal post-Grey Cup he would serve suspension in 2019. But as a free agent he could serve suspension with another team or not at all. #CFL

That's a big problem any way you think about it. How is it fair to a possibly a new team? Whether the next game was the 1st game of the season or the Grey Cup is irrelevant. A suspension should be immediate otherwise it's toothless.

No more excuses.
Waffler

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2018, 06:16:03 PM »

Be interesting to see what happens in Grey Cup game. Spotlight on both officials and Rose. Hopefully any calls against him are clear cut.
Agree he is garbage to push a ref.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.  - Omar Khayyam

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2018, 06:19:10 PM »

I don't think he's going to get any special attention with refs watching him. It was not a repeat offense.

Players that take cheaps shots on opponents throughout the year or career probably get closer looks though. Kyries Hebert for example.

No more excuses.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2018, 06:20:58 PM »

Not in the same category at all, but you could hear Andrew Harris loudly berating an official for a good 15-20 seconds after he took a holding penalty late in the 3rd Q.  I don't care who it is, verbally abusing an official should not be allowed in this day and age and is a no-go now in most sports leagues.  Questioning an official's call is no problem but as soon as a player brings emotions or gestures into the conversation a flag should be thrown.
Norm W

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2018, 06:21:59 PM »

That's a big problem any way you think about it. How is it fair to a possibly a new team? Whether the next game was the 1st game of the season or the Grey Cup is irrelevant. A suspension should be immediate otherwise it's toothless.

The "new" team knows what they are renting, they kicked the tires and read the disclaimers  Grin You are unlikely to see any changes happen in this area, highly unlikely the players association would give up their right to appeal disciplinary action taken by the league against one of its members.  

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
lenny

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2018, 06:26:26 PM »

That's 16,000 for a win and 8,000 for a loss out the window  if he remains suspended. Surprised if there is not an appeal even if it is heard after the Grey Cup. And I see he has.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 06:28:36 PM by lenny » Logged
TBURGESS

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2018, 07:07:00 PM »

Not in the same category at all, but you could hear Andrew Harris loudly berating an official for a good 15-20 seconds after he took a holding penalty late in the 3rd Q.  I don't care who it is, verbally abusing an official should not be allowed in this day and age and is a no-go now in most sports leagues.  Questioning an official's call is no problem but as soon as a player brings emotions or gestures into the conversation a flag should be thrown.
I was yelling at my TV "Get outta there Harris, he's going to throw his flag". Luckily it didn't happen.

As for the Rose situation... Ambrosie prides himself on being proactive. This would be a great time to speed up the appeal process while everyone is already in Edmonton anyway. Make the final decision on Saturday.

Being right never gets old.
Pigskin

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2018, 08:20:54 PM »

Everyone is in Edmonton this week, just the the hearing on Friday.
Blue In BC

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2018, 09:13:42 PM »

Like I said you appeal, it's not about whether you win or not, its about playing in the Grey Cup. If its a regular season game you take the hit and sit. Too much money on the table to sit now.

The Grey Cup aspect should be irrelevant. Every regular season game potentially goes to deciding making the playoffs or ranking within the division.

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: