Blue Bombers Forum
January 18, 2019, 06:10:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bighill  (Read 9241 times)
drahgon

« Reply #210 on: January 09, 2019, 07:20:15 PM »

On the other forum, there is a report from  Ted Wyman that BC will not be going after Bighill when free agency arrives.
Could be big news for BB, although other teams will be sniffing around!!
Adam posted a photo of his son who had just completed his first day at pre-school.  It didn't say where. That might be a good thing to know.
If his kid is in pre-school here that would be a positive thing but if it was in BC,  not so much, but still not a total downer as it is only per-school I suppose.

There is no snow on the ground and there looks to be mountains in the background. Definitely NOT in Winnipeg.

However, I remain hopeful that he and BB will work something out and he will be back with the team next year.
booch

« Reply #211 on: January 09, 2019, 07:51:02 PM »

not a big factor really...if their off-season home is out there..makes sense he would at the least start school there as opposed to missing out until the new season starts
blue girl

« Reply #212 on: January 09, 2019, 08:44:41 PM »

I'm pretty sure that I read that he and his family returned to Vancouver before the holidays. To me not a big deal as that is where I believe that his wife and her family are from. To me what is encouraging is that in the interview on the Bomber website Walters says that he and his agent are still talking and when the Bombers announce a re-signing he puts a like on his twitter account.
the paw

« Reply #213 on: January 09, 2019, 08:58:25 PM »

Wyman is a Wpg based sports writer, I would feel better if Dunk or Edwards or Ullrich were reporting that BC isn't interested.

And while it is a good sign Bighill's agent is talking to Wpg, at this stage of the calendar we are the only ones he is allowed to talk to, so I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

A lot of our re-signings so far have been guys who have established their market value, have settled in here, etc.  They weren't likely to be moving or free agent priorities for other teams.

Bighill is someone who can definitely benefit from testing the free agent market (just like Chung and Goosen). Doesn't mean they definitely will, but they aren't going to be in a huge rush to sign early just because they like our zoo and all the swell fans.  Expect all three of those deals to close just before free agency opens or possibly shortly afterwards.  They are marketable commodities.

grab grass 'n growl
Jesse

« Reply #214 on: January 09, 2019, 09:07:34 PM »

Never thought BC was interested. A little worried about Calgary, but agree it's not their style to go out and sign a big name.

My wife is amazing!
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #215 on: January 09, 2019, 09:53:35 PM »

Ted Wyman @Ted_Wyman

From what I'm hearing at #CFL meetings it doesn't sound as of now like the BC Lions are going to be in on LB Adam Bighill if he gets to free agency, which certainly makes it more likely that he will stay with #Bombers.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
GCn18

« Reply #216 on: January 09, 2019, 11:45:12 PM »

Never thought BC was interested. A little worried about Calgary, but agree it's not their style to go out and sign a big name.

Not worried about Calgary at all really, unless Huff throws the keys to the vault at him or we low ball him for some reason. Biggie loves playing for the Blue Bombers, the only team that had a shot at him was BC because he could drive home a couple times a week from Vancouver and he has been there in the past for many years. A plane ride is a plane ride, whether it's from Winnipeg or Calgary it makes almost zero difference in both cost or time.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pigskin

« Reply #217 on: January 15, 2019, 09:58:56 PM »

I guess a Rider fan was wrong on this one.
1chad

« Reply #218 on: January 17, 2019, 03:33:51 PM »

Bighill will be anchoring our D for the next 3 years.  Awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
  Print  

Jump to: