Blue Bombers Forum
August 22, 2019, 04:05:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Bighill  (Read 18997 times)
booch

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2018, 02:56:12 PM »

plus Lokombo isn't cheap....and if they want to retain Awe...he won't be cheap either...nor will Posey and Burnham...if they sign Biggie, keep Soloman and sign Reilly..several guys will be trimmed away
GCn18

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2018, 02:58:40 PM »

Yes it will cost and we better be ready to pay....Can't lose that asset and besides Santos Knox will be totally lost without him....They were like brothers in arms this year...Stick around Biggie we need ya

Seeing JSK's growth this year, I think him at MLBer would not be the end of the world. However, gimme some more Bighill please.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2018, 03:08:39 PM »

I'd be surprised and delighted if we can keep Bighill....but his heart is in BC along with his wife's family.  Can't blame him if he leaves us despite his affinity for MOS.  He's one of the best at his position and was the heart of our D so we will not be the same without him.   You just don't replace players of his caliber plus his ability to make everyone around him better.

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
GCn18

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2018, 03:12:23 PM »

I'd be surprised and delighted if we can keep Bighill....but his heart is in BC along with his wife's family.  Can't blame him if he leaves us despite his affinity for MOS.  He's one of the best at his position and was the heart of our D so we will not be the same without him.   You just don't replace players of his caliber plus his ability to make everyone around him better.

Why does everyone think that BC's SMS structure has suddenly changed? I'm sure Biggie would love to get back to BC but I highly doubt he gives them a big hometown discount. He didn't last year, and I highly doubt he will again this year.

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2018, 03:15:25 PM »

Why does everyone think that BC's SMS structure has suddenly changed? I'm sure Biggie would love to get back to BC but I highly doubt he gives them a big hometown discount. He didn't last year, and I highly doubt he will again this year.
well if we do manage to keep him, rest assured we will be paying him top dollar....which I have absolutely no trouble with.

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
GCn18

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2018, 03:17:20 PM »

well if we do manage to keep him, rest assured we will be paying him top dollar....which I have absolutely no trouble with.

He's earned it. That's why I don't think he will be foolish enough to take anything less than he deserves. Who knows though....he may try the NFL again.

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2018, 03:23:17 PM »

Solly makes 250k per. With Biggie and Reilly that's a 1000000+ on 3 IMPs. Not likely imo. Unless Hervey is willing to have a ton of rookies next year it just doesn't fit under the SMS.

I think Solly is over-paid at $250,000 and if Biggie is looking for those type of $$ the Bombers have a serious problem.  I'd peg a top MLB at $200,000 and wouldn't go above that mark, same for a top Import receiver.
booch

« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2018, 03:24:19 PM »

then you wouldn't have a top guy in either of those positions then..
TBURGESS

« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2018, 03:41:13 PM »

BC could make the decision between Solly and Bighill. I'd take Bighill

Being right never gets old.
Ridermania

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2018, 04:45:50 PM »

Bighill back to BC will happen in my football opinion.

BC doesn't have much more tied up in SMS them most clubs.

This is not a knock against the Bombers, just my thoughts.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2018, 04:48:50 PM »

then you wouldn't have a top guy in either of those positions then..

It's all relative, are the best performing players in the league in any given year always the highest paid?  I'd say no.
Knocker42

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2018, 04:51:54 PM »

I sure hope I'm wrong about this but ,after listening to his statement yesterday, I get the sinking feeling that he has already decided that he wants to return to his house and his wife's family in BC.  I'm hoping it's just a negotiating ploy  to get the Bombers to come up with an extra large offer.

Pigskin

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2018, 05:18:28 PM »

I think he would like to go back to BC. The Lions could always trade or release Elimimian.
blueraid

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2018, 05:23:31 PM »

There's going to be so much movement this offseason, because of uncertainty, that nobody's roster is anywhere near set for 19....We have a lot of fa's ...so do other clubs and the same amount of dollars as we have....I don't know what all the angst is about certain players leaving or staying when every club is going to be trying to keep what they have and is in just as much upheaval ...
Blue In BC

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2018, 05:45:38 PM »

I think he would like to go back to BC. The Lions could always trade or release Elimimian.

How do you trade a MLB with a $250K salary and what assets would you have to give up to make that trade. Therefore I don't see the Lions being able to trade him. They certainly aren't going to release him outright.

There are only 9 teams and not many will be in the hunt for any MLB.

No more excuses.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: