Blue Bombers Forum
December 16, 2018, 01:17:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Bighill  (Read 5184 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #135 on: November 27, 2018, 03:23:10 PM »

Have to say that I wont be surprised if we can't re sign Bighill, it was perfect circumstance that brought him here last season.

Circumstances haven't really changed.  Here's hoping Walters can pull off some magic...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Bombers9256

« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2018, 04:36:47 AM »

I had a nice chat with Craig Roh at the locker room sale. I asked him about Adam Bighill's insinuation that doing what's best for his family might send him back to BC. Roh said, unequivocally, that Biggie LOVES Winnipeg and will stay if the money's right. And those two are tight; case in point, Roh said he and his wife were waiting in the locker room to hang out with Biggie and his wife and kids. Sure enough the Bighills showed up as I was leaving. I found this encouraging. As an aside, Roh and his wife were super friendly and said they had decided to stay in Winnipeg for the offseason because they loved it so much. Finally, Carol Barrott also told me Biggie loves it here especially because he is very invested in his charity work, which gets much bigger play here than in BC because of the fan interest and player noteriety here vs BC.

#fortheW
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2018, 06:18:21 AM »

I had a nice chat with Craig Roh at the locker room sale. I asked him about Adam Bighill's insinuation that doing what's best for his family might send him back to BC. Roh said, unequivocally, that Biggie LOVES Winnipeg and will stay if the money's right. And those two are tight; case in point, Roh said he and his wife were waiting in the locker room to hang out with Biggie and his wife and kids. Sure enough the Bighills showed up as I was leaving. I found this encouraging. As an aside, Roh and his wife were super friendly and said they had decided to stay in Winnipeg for the offseason because they loved it so much. Finally, Carol Barrott also told me Biggie loves it here especially because he is very invested in his charity work, which gets much bigger play here than in BC because of the fan interest and player noteriety here vs BC.
that does sound encouraging.....we need to sign him for whatever it takes....he is the leagues MODP!!  He makes everyone around him better.....he gave us a chance to beat the Stamps in the WSF but our offensive game plan wasn't good enough to best their D.   

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
blue_or_die

« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2018, 02:34:53 PM »

This makes sense to me. Also, it explains why Bighill sounds hesitant to re-sign to the media, citing family, circumstance, etc...but we all know that he was in negotiations the second we were eliminated and has to say those things to gain as much leverage as possible right from the get-go. Everyone knows he's our priority signing. Everyone knows he wants and deserves to get paid as much as possible. And, I think, we all suspect that he really does like it here and that as long as Walters gives him a great deal (he should, and will), that we will get him back. I fully expect that to happen.
GCn18

« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2018, 02:39:17 PM »

With 30 players to re-sign/replace, Kyle Walters would not waste 5 seconds of his time suggesting to the media that Biggie is an offseason priority, if he didn't think their was a strong chance of getting him back.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Jesse

« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2018, 05:13:05 PM »

I love Roh. Him and his family being here certainly doesn?t hurt our chances with Bighill.

My wife is amazing!
blueraid

« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2018, 05:14:19 PM »

I would say that Bighill would be heading back to the coast EXCEPT for the fact he loves it here....loves playing for Mike O..AND he doesn't even know who's going to be the next head honcho in B.C.for another...I say we come up with the cash to re-up him and he is part of a Grey Cup winner in 19'...It'll be great having Adam back for another shot at winning it all
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2018, 05:31:13 PM »

I would say that Bighill would be heading back to the coast EXCEPT for the fact he loves it here....loves playing for Mike O..AND he doesn't even know who's going to be the next head honcho in B.C.for another...I say we come up with the cash to re-up him and he is part of a Grey Cup winner in 19'...It'll be great having Adam back for another shot at winning it all

Bighill definitely gets more spotlight in Wpg. than he ever did in BC, as a big fish in a small pond he is acknowledged as the undisputed leader of the D, and off-field he can become as big a celebrity as he likes.
GCn18

« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2018, 06:40:31 PM »

that does sound encouraging.....we need to sign him for whatever it takes....he is the leagues MODP!!  He makes everyone around him better.....he gave us a chance to beat the Stamps in the WSF but our offensive game plan wasn't good enough to best their D.  

I would argue that our offensive execution was the problem. We hit two wide open receivers for 6's and we win that game. That was excellent game planning let down by poor QB play.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2018, 06:53:55 PM »

I would argue that our offensive execution was the problem. We hit two wide open receivers for 6's and we win that game. That was excellent game planning let down by poor QB play.

Kinda, sorta. We really didn't generate very much in the game. Sure, if our QBs nail those throws they probably go for TDs, however, it's not like we were churning up the yards and giving ourselves lots of chances. We manufactured very little, which put our QBs in a position that in hindsight, required them to be perfect on a handful of throws. They were not. It's not terribly surprising either, as Streveler was coming off the bench cold and Nichols struggled with the deep ball for large stretches of the season. Still, you're probably right it had more to do with execution and going up against a well-rested, elite team on the road.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 06:57:12 PM by Sir Blue and Gold » Logged
blue girl

« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2018, 07:53:22 PM »

I'm also very encouraged by this. I understand why Bighill would want to take his time and do what is best for his family. I think that something that could be in our favour is that BC is hoping to sign Reilly so they have a chunk of money put aside to go after him. The Bombers have put their money aside for Bighill.
booch

« Reply #146 on: December 04, 2018, 08:55:55 PM »

all you have to take out of this...is the "if the money is right" statement...to me that tells me that it's a slam dunk he stays..unless Walters doesn't have a grasp on what his idea of a pile of money set aside for Bighill entails
blue girl

« Reply #147 on: December 04, 2018, 09:07:03 PM »

I heard Bob Irving say a couple of weeks ago that whatever happens with Bighill it won't be because the Bombers were outbid. I think that they're willing to back up the truck.
123James321

« Reply #148 on: December 05, 2018, 06:01:08 PM »

very good news... If money is what it is, Biggie will be back
Ridermania

« Reply #149 on: December 05, 2018, 06:32:01 PM »

Bighill playing for Claybrooks is an exciting situation for the Lions.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
  Print  

Jump to: