Blue Bombers Forum
December 19, 2018, 01:34:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Bighill  (Read 5833 times)
thunderNlightning

« on: November 19, 2018, 05:46:08 PM »

Heard his post game interview in CJOB today and asked about coming back. I realize emotions are high after a big loss like yesterday. But it didn?t sound very positive as he said his wife is from Vancouver and something about doing what?s best for his family. Either way it did not sound positive. Would be a devastating loss.
Blue In BC

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 05:53:16 PM »

The Lions don't need a MLB LB.

No more excuses.
Fred C Dobbs

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 05:56:28 PM »

I really hope that Ed Hervy throws a truck load of money at Mike Reilly so that he won't be able to afford Bighill.

Good advice: "There are a lot of idiots out there posting on forums. But if you ignore them, they will eventually go away."
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 05:59:35 PM »

We'll have to see. He's obviously upset about the loss in the postgame interview. BC is probably his first choice and they may be in for a substantial overhaul this offseason with Wally out.
Blue In BC

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 06:02:41 PM »

We'll have to see. He's obviously upset about the loss in the postgame interview. BC is probably his first choice and they may be in for a substantial overhaul this offseason with Wally out.

Sure but does he want to go to a team that doesn't need a MLB, finished 4th in the west and will have new coaches?

Bighill may leave for another team but I don't believe it's Vancouver.

No more excuses.
the paw

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 06:24:14 PM »

Sure but does he want to go to a team that doesn't need a MLB, finished 4th in the west and will have new coaches?

Bighill may leave for another team but I don't believe it's Vancouver.

Bighill played WIL beside Elimimian for a number of years, at a very high level.  He doesn't have to be MLB to be dominant.

Without knowing who the new coaches are, it may be a good thing or a bad thing.  But coaching, last year's finish and money are three factors.  Keeping the wife happy is also a factor  .I think Bighill had a good experience here and he respects O'Shea.  Those work in our favour.  But he could easily end up in BC as well. 

Depending on the CBA and how quickly that resolves, we are likely to see a ton of roster movement between teams this year because of the number of one year contracts expiring.  I don't think we can assume anything about who will have similar approaches to cap or ratio strategies at this point.   Heck, Hervey may decide he wants Bighill instead of Elimimian, and go after Reilly. 

I think Bighill had a good experience here and he respects O'Shea.  Those work in our favour. 

grab grass 'n growl
Blue In BC

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 06:37:36 PM »

Bighill played WIL beside Elimimian for a number of years, at a very high level.  He doesn't have to be MLB to be dominant.

Without knowing who the new coaches are, it may be a good thing or a bad thing.  But coaching, last year's finish and money are three factors.  Keeping the wife happy is also a factor  .I think Bighill had a good experience here and he respects O'Shea.  Those work in our favour.  But he could easily end up in BC as well. 

Depending on the CBA and how quickly that resolves, we are likely to see a ton of roster movement between teams this year because of the number of one year contracts expiring.  I don't think we can assume anything about who will have similar approaches to cap or ratio strategies at this point.   Heck, Hervey may decide he wants Bighill instead of Elimimian, and go after Reilly. 

I think Bighill had a good experience here and he respects O'Shea.  Those work in our favour. 

I know Bighill played WIL in Vancouver but a MLB makes more than a WIL normally.

Lions also have Lokombo, Herdman and Awe. A couple might be potential free agents but LB is not an area of need. Two of those guys are Canadian so ratio comes into play as well.

No more excuses.
the paw

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 06:52:43 PM »

I know Bighill played WIL in Vancouver but a MLB makes more than a WIL normally.

Lions also have Lokombo, Herdman and Awe. A couple might be potential free agents but LB is not an area of need. Two of those guys are Canadian so ratio comes into play as well.

I don't think its true that MLB's make more than WIL, it depends on the players.  I bet Simoni Lawrence makes more than Dean for example. 

But I hear you, the Lions do have linebacker assets.  I don't think Herdman has the footspeed to be a regular starter, that's why he lost his job to Awe this year as Elimimian's replacement.  But Awe is definitely a talent, as is Lokombo.   

That is why I think there might be a change that Hervey might move on from Elimimian in favour of Bighill.  Elimimian's contract is up, he is 2 years older than Bighill, coming off a significant injury, and he makes top coin.

But who knows, Bighill could end up signing in Toronto, Regina or Winnipeg as easily as going back to BC.

grab grass 'n growl
Blue In BC

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 06:55:28 PM »

I don't think its true that MLB's make more than WIL, it depends on the players.  I bet Simoni Lawrence makes more than Dean for example. 

But I hear you, the Lions do have linebacker assets.  I don't think Herdman has the footspeed to be a regular starter, that's why he lost his job to Awe this year as Elimimian's replacement.  But Awe is definitely a talent, as is Lokombo.   

That is why I think there might be a change that Hervey might move on from Elimimian in favour of Bighill.  Elimimian's contract is up, he is 2 years older than Bighill, coming off a significant injury, and he makes top coin.

But who knows, Bighill could end up signing in Toronto, Regina or Winnipeg as easily as going back to BC.

Elimimian's injury was a wrist injury. Pretty much the same as Bighill's but worse extent. That's not a significant long term issue. 

No more excuses.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 06:59:45 PM »

Heard his post game interview in CJOB today and asked about coming back. I realize emotions are high after a big loss like yesterday. But it didn?t sound very positive as he said his wife is from Vancouver and something about doing what?s best for his family. Either way it did not sound positive. Would be a devastating loss.

I think his interview came off very positively, he said he really enjoyed coming to work every day this year, but it's understandable he needs to hedge his bets heading into contract negotiations as the market is wide-open for him.
theaardvark

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 07:01:04 PM »

Vancouver could move on from Solly, who knows.  If they go after reilly, there might not be the money for a Bighill even without Solly... and they are going to have to pay Awe as well..  regardless. there should be some quality MLB beef on the market...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_or_die

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2018, 07:10:26 PM »

Bighill is going to commend far more money than he did when he was on the field at the same time as Solly. I highly doubt BC would want to sink so much money (2 top-tier MLB salary equivalents) in their LB corps.

I didn't hear the postgame but it sounds to me like Bighill is doing just a little negotiation PR with those types of comments, that he will go to a place that is entirely under his terms (family, money, starring role) and will not sign blindly with the Bombers just because the locker room has some nice guys. And I don't blame him. I think if we give him a market offer, he stays.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2018, 07:44:06 PM »

The Bombers can't afford to lose Bighill. His addition to the defense, and by and large the team itself, was probably the most significant move this regime has made outside of Andrew Harris.

They gotta keep him.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
GCn18

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2018, 07:55:24 PM »

He sounded like a pending FA who wanted to keep as much leverage as he can. Standard stuff imo. I got no impression whatsoever that he wouldn't be willing to return. He was just making sure the Bombers knew it's gonna cost them.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
lenny

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2018, 08:04:23 PM »

The D runs through Bighill. It would be a huge loss if he were signed somewhere else.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: