Blue Bombers Forum
October 16, 2019, 10:18:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Saskatchewan Semi-Final - Nov. 11, 2018  (Read 18446 times)
trapper

« Reply #330 on: November 13, 2018, 01:55:15 AM »

Empty seats for a playoff game in Regina against their bitter rivals?  Did they know what was coming?  Did the Bridge lower the turnout?

Riders have thousands of senior citizen season ticket holders...they could literally die being out in that cold.  Over 30,000 sold seats...much less in attendance however.... Riders got their $$

I was in Winnipeg in 2003 when the Riders were in town.  That was a cold game too.  Any guess at what the attendance was?

TecnoGenius

« Reply #331 on: November 13, 2018, 05:20:02 AM »

Riders have thousands of senior citizen season ticket holders...they could literally die being out in that cold.  Over 30,000 sold seats...much less in attendance however.... Riders got their $$

Turnout was good, considering.  I know what most of us WPG fans are thinking, we are used to seeing Mosaic packed full of greenies each and every time, so we get a bit shocked when there's lots of empty seats.  SSK's penchant for having the best attendance in the CFL backfires here.

Since I was there, I can tell those that riff on attendance that it was cold.  It was bloody cold.  Forget the -10, as sitting in the stands for 4.5 hours it was the windchill (which was definitely -20) that was the killer.  You have to be a die hard fan to sit through that.  I'm a very hardy Winnipegger born and bred, drink slurpees when it's -30C, and eat ice cream, bbq all winter long, take the garbage out in the winter in just my PJs, and fill up the bird feeder with no shoes sometimes.  I wore 5 layers on top including knee-length down parka, 3 on bottom, frankenstein boots, yukon-rated mitts, farmer bob hat, scarf.  And my core still got cold by the end.  And face: man if I didn't bring that scarf I'd have had to leave early.

It's easy to take that for 1 or maybe 2 hours, but the 4.5 hours I was outside all told and I can see why a ton of people stayed home.  I just wish more of them would stubhub their tickets!!  Wink

Everyone who stayed until the end on both sides deserves a massive atta-boy.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #332 on: November 13, 2018, 06:21:09 AM »

Turnout was good, considering.  I know what most of us WPG fans are thinking, we are used to seeing Mosaic packed full of greenies each and every time, so we get a bit shocked when there's lots of empty seats.  SSK's penchant for having the best attendance in the CFL backfires here.

Since I was there, I can tell those that riff on attendance that it was cold.  It was bloody cold.  Forget the -10, as sitting in the stands for 4.5 hours it was the windchill (which was definitely -20) that was the killer.  You have to be a die hard fan to sit through that.  I'm a very hardy Winnipegger born and bred, drink slurpees when it's -30C, and eat ice cream, bbq all winter long, take the garbage out in the winter in just my PJs, and fill up the bird feeder with no shoes sometimes.  I wore 5 layers on top including knee-length down parka, 3 on bottom, frankenstein boots, yukon-rated mitts, farmer bob hat, scarf.  And my core still got cold by the end.  And face: man if I didn't bring that scarf I'd have had to leave early.

It's easy to take that for 1 or maybe 2 hours, but the 4.5 hours I was outside all told and I can see why a ton of people stayed home.  I just wish more of them would stubhub their tickets!!  Wink

Everyone who stayed until the end on both sides deserves a massive atta-boy.

well said......yeah thats bloody cold alright....wind chill is a killer!   You're a braver man than I am!

"Victory to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers"

Dali Lama
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #333 on: November 13, 2018, 08:38:27 PM »

Mosaic Stadium gets an upgrade: https://globalnews.ca/news/4658872/regina-stadium-glows-blue-and-gold-after-bet-with-winnipeg-mayor/

#forthew

You can't fix stupid.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #334 on: November 13, 2018, 10:12:13 PM »

I was in Winnipeg in 2003 when the Riders were in town.  That was a cold game too.  Any guess at what the attendance was?

The Riders for sure got there money. I found it hilarious during TV time outs the were air blowing the slight dusting of snow off the advertisements on the field but leaving the the rest for the snow to compile on the rest of the field. First of all it did not even need it and second it shows the Riders are more concern about the money than anything.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #335 on: November 13, 2018, 10:12:58 PM »

Looking good down there

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23]
  Print  

Jump to: