Blue Bombers Forum
October 20, 2019, 07:06:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Saskatchewan Semi-Final - Nov. 11, 2018  (Read 18535 times)
booch

« Reply #315 on: November 12, 2018, 04:08:09 PM »

Demski just needs to get the ball...and move north/south...tries doing too much juking and jiving and then at that point is smothered...same issue he had in Sask...he wasn't doing that in first half of year...but reverted to it ...I wouldn't have him as a priority free agent guy...I'd actually like to see us use Augustine in his role to be honest....better ball carrier and has decent hands...
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #316 on: November 12, 2018, 04:09:50 PM »

Disapointed with Demski's contribution, he needs to be better next game.  Luckily Woli looks to be a great cold weather receiver, does everything asked and more.

Demski is a good national receiver. I like him. The only thing I can't stand is his propensity to bounce everything to the outside. That one screen in the semi-final game he bounced out for 2 instead of taking 5 or more inside. Someone needs to tell him to run straight ahead first, bounce second.
the.inkster

« Reply #317 on: November 12, 2018, 04:25:51 PM »

Demski is a good national receiver. I like him. The only thing I can't stand is his propensity to bounce everything to the outside. That one screen in the semi-final game he bounced out for 2 instead of taking 5 or more inside. Someone needs to tell him to run straight ahead first, bounce second.

I understand the frustration with Demski's preference to try and "take the corner" for the possibility of big yards, but that's something I think I've come to accept about his style/mindset. Most of the time, he won't make the corner, and he'll have a minimal gain, but once in a blue moon, he'll make that corner and grab huge yards.
My biggest concern about him going into this past weekend's game, was his ability to secure the ball. I don't have any solid data to back this, but I feel like he fumbles the ball a lot while fighting for extra yards. The cold weather had me even more worried about it, but he managed to play a clean game. That's a win for me!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #318 on: November 12, 2018, 04:30:25 PM »

He's got to take a lesson from Harris, neither is effective when they're not pointed North.
Jesse

« Reply #319 on: November 12, 2018, 04:54:54 PM »

I know exactly the play you're talking about.

My wife is amazing!
Knocker42

« Reply #320 on: November 12, 2018, 05:08:53 PM »

Demski certainly has speed and decent hands and has made several great plays this season.  To make full use of his talent, he must do exactly what has been identified above: go north -south, secure the ball. 
The big plays are important but so is realizing that there are times when he should settle for a two or three yard gain instead of shooting for the moon and ending up with a loss.
That play where he went wide was a perfect example in that an O-lineman (possibly Neufeld) had a block on a guy and going straight upfield would have easily gained him three yards before the tackle, and if he had broken that tackle possibly a lot more.  Of course it is easy to see that on replay and he has to make a quick decision, but that is what the greats do.
Old Rusty

Illegitimi non carborundum

« Reply #321 on: November 12, 2018, 05:44:14 PM »

Coming in late.  What a game. Hard fought, and overall I'm excited, this team feels like a winner.

Go Blue!

As you ramble on through life, Brother,
Whatever be your goal,
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole.
longtimeblue

« Reply #322 on: November 12, 2018, 06:11:03 PM »

Aside from Harris, Streveler was the best running back out there tonight for us. Putting him in when we needed to run down the clock was a no brainer. The mans a beast and a punishing runner. Great call to have him run the offense

He's a great change of pace and the threat of him passing will drive DCs nuts. What he does have to improve on is his decision making on the read options. He tends to want to keep the ball when the handoff is the right move. He has to read the defensive end and blocking. A couple of times yesterday he got stuffed trying to go outside when Harris had room and blocking set up, had he been given the ball. He'll learn. Really like this kid.
the.inkster

« Reply #323 on: November 12, 2018, 06:12:10 PM »

Demski certainly has speed and decent hands and has made several great plays this season.  To make full use of his talent, he must do exactly what has been identified above: go north -south, secure the ball. 
The big plays are important but so is realizing that there are times when he should settle for a two or three yard gain instead of shooting for the moon and ending up with a loss.
That play where he went wide was a perfect example in that an O-lineman (possibly Neufeld) had a block on a guy and going straight upfield would have easily gained him three yards before the tackle, and if he had broken that tackle possibly a lot more.  Of course it is easy to see that on replay and he has to make a quick decision, but that is what the greats do.

I'm not making any excuses for Demski, because I know I've yelled at the TV plenty of times for him to run North/South...but I also wonder how frozen the field was, and whether that affected the players' ability to make hard cuts. You would think/hope that SOMEBODY would have advised or coached Demski to run less East/West along the way...
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #324 on: November 12, 2018, 07:22:37 PM »

Mosaic Stadium will be lit up in blue and gold tonight: https://regina.ctvnews.ca/mosaic-stadium-to-be-lit-up-in-blue-bombers-colours-after-roughriders-loss-1.4173521

#forthew

You can't fix stupid.
Pigskin

« Reply #325 on: November 12, 2018, 07:34:57 PM »

My cousin has to wear a bomber jersey to work all week. Lives and works in Regina.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #326 on: November 12, 2018, 07:35:35 PM »

It will be the best it has ever looked...

They may want to never go back to green again
Knocker42

« Reply #327 on: November 12, 2018, 07:53:01 PM »

I'm not making any excuses for Demski, because I know I've yelled at the TV plenty of times for him to run North/South...but I also wonder how frozen the field was, and whether that affected the players' ability to make hard cuts. You would think/hope that SOMEBODY would have advised or coached Demski to run less East/West along the way...
I'm sure he has been told to do just that but that doesn't mean he will do it.  He was good enough to be able to get away with it at U of M and olld habits are hard to break.  He will not likely change his ways till he realizes he cannot consistently get away with it at this level.  Could be a short career if he doesn't learn.
Doublezero

« Reply #328 on: November 12, 2018, 09:19:20 PM »

Seen enough of Demski's repertoire. Yes, he's had a couple of games where he's made great plays but those have been offset by costly fumbles and tipped passes into the hands of defenders. Play 43 yesterday saw Demski miss a key block which led to a drive-snuffing 4 yard loss and Harris getting collared by Eguavoen. A nice 7 play drive ended right there on the Riders 24 and we had to settle for a FG.

Just gimme the rock.
theaardvark

« Reply #329 on: November 12, 2018, 09:38:20 PM »

Empty seats for a playoff game in Regina against their bitter rivals?  Did they know what was coming?  Did the Bridge lower the turnout?

Poop recorded one tackle.  The guy who drank his milkshake got 3.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23
  Print  

Jump to: