Blue Bombers Forum
October 16, 2019, 12:39:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Saskatchewan Semi-Final - Nov. 11, 2018  (Read 18439 times)
dd

« Reply #300 on: November 12, 2018, 03:25:37 AM »

Aside from Harris, Streveler was the best running back out there tonight for us. Putting him in when we needed to run down the clock was a no brainer. The mans a beast and a punishing runner. Great call to have him run the offense
TecnoGenius

« Reply #301 on: November 12, 2018, 03:46:20 AM »

You really have to hand it to our D and Hall for one massive reason today:

WPG D completely stopped the SSK run game ... minus Bridge scrambles.

It took me a while but I figured it out: Hall gave them the Bridge run game.  We took away the deep.  Took away the run.  Took away the screen.  We made them short throw and gave them Bridge.  That was it.

Pretty darn good accomplishment to stop Thigpen and Marshall dead in their tracks!!  That is no easy feat.  SSK gameplans around those guys getting 200 rush yards a game.  That's their whole plan!!

I think the Hall plan was masterful and it's no mistake it turned out this way.  It would have been nicer to limit Bridge to maybe half that number of rush yards, but you can't hold them to zero O.  There's a few times our DE's got really close to stopping him but just came up short.  Even Biggie missed Bridge a few times, misjudging his speed.

If anyone disagrees with me, just look at the rush yards put up against CGY by SSK this year!  And that's with Collaros, a non-threat to run, in!
Horseman

« Reply #302 on: November 12, 2018, 03:52:01 AM »

Hall isn't getting fired

He better!!!! Or no ST's for me next year.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #303 on: November 12, 2018, 04:06:20 AM »

bye

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #304 on: November 12, 2018, 04:07:57 AM »

You really have to hand it to our D and Hall for one massive reason today:

WPG D completely stopped the SSK run game ... minus Bridge scrambles.

It took me a while but I figured it out: Hall gave them the Bridge run game.  We took away the deep.  Took away the run.  Took away the screen.  We made them short throw and gave them Bridge.  That was it.

Pretty darn good accomplishment to stop Thigpen and Marshall dead in their tracks!!  That is no easy feat.  SSK gameplans around those guys getting 200 rush yards a game.  That's their whole plan!!

I think the Hall plan was masterful and it's no mistake it turned out this way.  It would have been nicer to limit Bridge to maybe half that number of rush yards, but you can't hold them to zero O.  There's a few times our DE's got really close to stopping him but just came up short.  Even Biggie missed Bridge a few times, misjudging his speed.

If anyone disagrees with me, just look at the rush yards put up against CGY by SSK this year!  And that's with Collaros, a non-threat to run, in!

Only thing that Sask could do to win was to get points on D or STs or get the run game going.  Our plan and execution on D was great, agree that we should have limited Bridge on the ground more.  Knox would have helped for sure but Wild and Wilson played well.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #305 on: November 12, 2018, 04:11:00 AM »

Even if Hall wins the GC with us??  You suuurrre?  Stated intentions have to be adhered to!
Blue72

« Reply #306 on: November 12, 2018, 04:19:59 AM »

Did the Bombers even throw one pass to Thompkins if not it was a waste of an IMP spot.
dd

« Reply #307 on: November 12, 2018, 04:20:22 AM »

Good, see ya later. Giddy up horsie....
TecnoGenius

« Reply #308 on: November 12, 2018, 04:48:26 AM »

Did the Bombers even throw one pass to Thompkins if not it was a waste of an IMP spot.

I did not see a single pass to Thompkins.  I thought he had one, but it turned out it was Dressler!  I wasn't really watching routes today so I don't know if he was even in much and/or open.  Maybe someone else paid him more attention and can report.

Thompkins is usually pretty good on 2nd down: usually good for 1 or 2 1st downs a game.  Maybe Thompkins had trouble with his first super cold game?  Maybe Chevelle was right... maybe LDW was the one to keep  Wink Cheesy
booch

« Reply #309 on: November 12, 2018, 01:46:22 PM »

i seen Thompkins used a lot with blocking...wasn't targeted tho once..but again...wasn't needed to be.
buckzumhoff

« Reply #310 on: November 12, 2018, 01:54:36 PM »

Thomkins was probably open a lot but Nichols will try to feather it in to other receivers. Seen sometimes he takes the one receiver and doesn't see the other. Good game by Dresler and Wolitarsky and Adams. Good blocking too , kept defenders out .
theaardvark

« Reply #311 on: November 12, 2018, 02:21:14 PM »

You play Special Teams?  Then why are you worried about the DC?

Oh... season tickets.  Well, your protest won't go un-noticed, they may just fired him to get your ST dollars.  On the other hand,,,

IF they keep Hall, I might consider buying ST, but if they fire him, I won't...  hope that somewhat offsets your protest...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
kkc60

« Reply #312 on: November 12, 2018, 03:36:03 PM »

i seen Thompkins used a lot with blocking...wasn't targeted tho once..but again...wasn't needed to be.
Nichols has never been able to consistently get the ball to more than 3 receivers per game it seems.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #313 on: November 12, 2018, 04:04:08 PM »

Thomkins was probably open a lot but Nichols will try to feather it in to other receivers. Seen sometimes he takes the one receiver and doesn't see the other. Good game by Dresler and Wolitarsky and Adams. Good blocking too , kept defenders out .

Disapointed with Demski's contribution, he needs to be better next game.  Luckily Woli looks to be a great cold weather receiver, does everything asked and more.
GCn19

« Reply #314 on: November 12, 2018, 04:06:58 PM »

Nichols has never been able to consistently get the ball to more than 3 receivers per game it seems.

Calgary game he completed balls to 7 different receivers.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23
  Print  

Jump to: