Blue Bombers Forum
December 16, 2018, 01:16:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Saskatchewan Semi-Final - Nov. 11, 2018  (Read 5878 times)
buckzumhoff

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2018, 03:02:17 PM »

Bridges is better than Collaros I think the coach made the move knowing Bridges can run. Bombers have to play well. Bridges made throws against us. Defense has to stop the run , Sask likes to throw to the corners especially Bridges at qb.
trapper

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2018, 03:09:14 PM »

Bridges is better than Collaros I think the coach made the move knowing Bridges can run. Bombers have to play well. Bridges made throws against us. Defense has to stop the run , Sask likes to throw to the corners especially Bridges at qb.

Bridge has had a horrible year.  Not all his fault, coaches don't trust him and don't give him leeway to throw the ball downfield. 

It should be an easy game for the Winnipeg defense...but often in the CFL we find awful QBs that have a lights out game.  That's the only hope the Riders have.  I think the Riders defense will play well..but they are going to be on the field a lot.
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2018, 04:05:39 PM »

Bridge has had a horrible year.  Not all his fault, coaches don't trust him and don't give him leeway to throw the ball downfield. 

It should be an easy game for the Winnipeg defense...but often in the CFL we find awful QBs that have a lights out game.  That's the only hope the Riders have.  I think the Riders defense will play well..but they are going to be on the field a lot.

Only online for a few hours or more than back to the desert, is Santos-Knox playing? I am trying to rig internet access (off a sat.) where I am but may not be able to. Leaving in about 2 hours back to Searchlight and may not find out what goes on.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2018, 04:10:30 PM »

TECNO! How are you? At Super 8 getting my Gold on!

Just bought my ticket and managed to get it printed at the hotel.  Waiting till the last minute pays off!  I got a 40yl ticket for peanuts!

I'm kickin' back watching the TSN coverage that just came on TV.  Orleski is at Mosaic!  Yay

If we're clearly winning near the end I'm coming down to your section for some high-5's.  I hope some Bombers see you guys there and throw you some TD balls!

Oh ya, and I discovered the Ticketmaster "verified resale" seems to put a floor on price so they don't compete with their regular tickets.  So going there for a deal is useless (unless it's a total sellout).  Stubhub is where it's at.
theaardvark

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2018, 04:14:15 PM »

Not sure how many QB's are dressing, but they only have one Bridge...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
DM83

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2018, 04:15:45 PM »

Woo hoo!  Wow! No Collaros! I guess his brain is mush.  He should retire.  Three concussions in one year?  **** that sucks for him. Young and done!

Bombers should win.  Let's put it this way, if we lose, ....heads will roll.  Bridge played like he was ambivalent the last time he was in.  Of course Sask will have prepared him, and he could run, more than Zac! This should be a feast for the Bombers.

Thanks to all the armed forces people who have fought for our freedom, and continue to make Canada the best country in the world to live in. 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 04:19:20 PM by DM83 » Logged
TecnoGenius

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2018, 04:21:48 PM »

Not sure how many QB's are dressing, but they only have one Bridge...

Maybe they hired Jeff Bridges.  The Dude can play in his bathrobe.  Probably best buds with DC.

Bombers should win.  Let's put it this way, if we lose, ....heads will roll.  Bridge played like he was ambivalent the last time he was in.  Of course Sask will have prepared him, and he could run, more than Zac! This should be a feast for the Bombers.

Glad to see you more upbeat DM!  As for prepared Bridge... what a dumb thing for Jones to do: practicing Collaros all week except for the final day?  All for a ruse?  Bridge should have been #1 practicer all week.

I bet SSK fans will be booing the playcalling for Bridge like they always do after they see the run/screen/run/screen/run fail for the Nth time.
bustamente

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2018, 04:23:26 PM »

Just bought my ticket and managed to get it printed at the hotel.  Waiting till the last minute pays off!  I got a 40yl ticket for peanuts!

I'm kickin' back watching the TSN coverage that just came on TV.  Orleski is at Mosaic!  Yay

If we're clearly winning near the end I'm coming down to your section for some high-5's.  I hope some Bombers see you guys there and throw you some TD balls!

Oh ya, and I discovered the Ticketmaster "verified resale" seems to put a floor on price so they don't compete with their regular tickets.  So going there for a deal is useless (unless it's a total sellout).  Stubhub is where it's at.

Lots of tickets still left mostly in the end zones and for as little as 7 bucks
bomb squad

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2018, 04:32:33 PM »

! No CollarosWoo hoo!  Wow! I guess his brain is mush.  He should retire.  Three concussions in one year?  **** that sucks for him. Young and done!

Thanks to all the armed forces people who have fought for our freedom, and continue to make Canada the best country in the world to live in. 

Wow.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2018, 04:34:38 PM »

Ridersfan forum is going apoplectic about the Collaros news. 90% of them have written off the season.  Huge change from a couple of days ago.

Someone made a good point: so far don't we just have TSN's word for Collaros being out?  SSK hasn't announced it officially yet, have they?  Could be a double-bluff by Jones... or... what if Collaros doesn't start: what if Collaros comes in on throwing downs??  What if it's a reverse-platoon?  Until it's official from Jones, I wouldn't rule about anything.
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2018, 04:44:59 PM »

The rumour mill's saying Jones tried to get Burris out of retirement before pursuing Tate: http://3downnation.com/2018/11/11/riders-pursued-henry-burris-signing-drew-tate-sources/

Desperate times, I suppose.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Slimy Sculpin

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2018, 04:48:55 PM »

I'm optimistic that the Bombers will win today's game but does anyone remember Marcus Crandell? Let's hope that the Bombers have been well-prepared by their coaching staff.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2018, 04:53:06 PM »

I'm optimistic that the Bombers will win today's game but does anyone remember Marcus Crandell? Let's hope that the Bombers have been well-prepared by their coaching staff.

I think they'll be prepared more than ever before.  And the coordinator plans will be obscenely good.  They've been working on this for years and will not accept failure.  The leaders are prepared.  I've never seen such determination in MOS and Lapo as they've been showing in the interviews.

Stegall just said "Nic Demski" 5 times on TSN and he almost stumbled on it again.  Bet he practiced that 100 times at home.  Nic Demski.  Nic Demski.
Leroy

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2018, 04:55:25 PM »

This Bomber team is on a mission.

Not worried.
Waffler

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2018, 04:55:32 PM »

The rumour mill's saying Jones tried to get Burris out of retirement before pursuing Tate: http://3downnation.com/2018/11/11/riders-pursued-henry-burris-signing-drew-tate-sources/

Desperate times, I suppose.

Poor Darian Durant. Surely this would have been his chance. If he hadn't sold his rights to us I mean.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.  - Omar Khayyam

Jump to: