Blue Bombers Forum
September 20, 2019, 03:16:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Western semi final Xs and Os  (Read 3391 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2018, 07:34:49 PM »

I remember I used to talk myself into being confident about winning every game. It didn't matter who we were playing, by the time game day rolled around I was convinced we would win. Happened every week. I would look up the college stats of guys like Alex Brink, Joey Elliott, Max Hall, etc. and think what solid prospects they were, and how good they would be the following season.

Eventually, though it took a long time, that wore off. And now I'm pretty cynical most weeks. Especially this year, when the team almost had me convinced we had "made it" to the upper echelon of the league, but started off slow, and then hit that losing skid. And I got even more cynical and detached than any point since Tim Burke.

All that said, I am not worried at all this week. I feel more confident than any point this season. There shouldn't be any reason for us not to pitch another shut out as far as I'm concerned.

It's been tough. The team has given us reason in 2016 - 2018 to be optimistic and then fallen on their faces.

At the moment we've been playing better than most in the playoffs at the end of the season. The game last week was more or less a throw away with many top starters not playing.

Whether those starters benefited from a weeks rest or whether we lost any momentum remains to be seen.

Too many past disappointments in the past to be overly optimistic. We should win but that's what I thought in 2016 and 2017 in the WSF's as well.

What's the saying? Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 07:38:19 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

No more excuses.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2018, 08:42:11 PM »

Hall and company will have a good game plan and the players should be able to execute

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Leroy

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2018, 11:10:13 PM »

I am hoping we break out the cheetah offence at times tomorrow.

Blue In BC

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2018, 02:21:49 PM »

Hall and company will have a good game plan and the players should be able to execute

We're a better team and should win. Sounds simple. If we don't win there are going to be many questions during the off season as to what went wrong.

No more excuses.
TBURGESS

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2018, 02:52:37 PM »

We're a better team and should win. Sounds simple. If we don't win there are going to be many questions during the off season as to what went wrong.
I'll go one better... If we don't win, MOS should be gone.

Being right never gets old.
Jesse

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2018, 03:02:53 PM »

I'll go one better... If we don't win, MOS should be gone.

Depends.

In reality, I can't see a situation in which he's fired in the off season. They organization values stability too much.

The only problems I can see raising their heads in the play offs are Matt Nichols ball control and/or Hall's defence regressing. Obviously, that all lands on MOS' feet, but he would get the chance to do something about it (again).

My wife is amazing!
dd

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2018, 03:04:56 PM »

That?s a totally ridiculous statement and why talk about something that isn?t going to happen??

Who the heck  pulled this team out of its mid season funk and stood beside and supported our #1 Qb when the lynch mob was calling for his head?? Things don?t happen by accident. We have a strong clubhouse that believe and supports one another and their HC. No way anyone messes with that regardless of today?s outcome. Quit being a doubting thomas and  always talking doom and  gloom.
Knocker42

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2018, 03:16:58 PM »

Exactly, dd!!
Even if only half of what we hear is true, MOS has developed the rabble he inherited into a cohesive unit.  Maybe not world beaters, not yet anyhow, but every year we have made progress.  Why would any organization, even for a minute, want to get rid of that?
It would be crazy.
Blue In BC

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2018, 03:32:35 PM »

Too early to go there. However if we're one and done for a 3rd year that is not exactly the definition of progress. There are so many factors when considering either a win or a loss and ultimate accountability.

We've seen games where 2 QB's on one team were injured before half time. Receivers or RB's as well. The unforeseen etc.

Every off season is a re-evaluation of coaches, players and all that goes into each CFL team.

Let the cards fall where they may.  It's easier to deal with winning than losing. So again, simple. Just win.

No more excuses.
TBURGESS

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2018, 03:51:00 PM »

FTR: I don't expect us to lose, but if we did, I'd get rid of MOS. 5 years and no playoff wins = try someone else.

Being right never gets old.
Pigskin

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2018, 03:54:07 PM »

If we play the run, shut down the kick return game, and don't turnover the ball, we should win this game by 21 points.
Blue In BC

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2018, 03:56:13 PM »

I can see the possibility of reaching and even winning the Grey Cup. That doesn't make me any less nervous about each game as it arrives.

Fingers are crossed and IMO if we play an even average game today we'll win. Turnovers and not giving up the big plays are the key. No significant injuries that swing the game etc.

Get early momentum and keep the foot to the floor and never give them hope. Score 1st. All cliche but that's the normal reality.

No more excuses.
dd

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2018, 05:37:31 PM »

I can too!! It can happen, I can see it. Starts today at mosaic field. Beat the ruffies!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: