Blue Bombers Forum
November 16, 2018, 04:04:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CFL Division All Stars Announced  (Read 312 times)
GCn18

« on: November 07, 2018, 07:16:14 PM »

The CFL has announced the Division all stars and we lead the way with 7 players. Could someone please copy and paste to the link at CFL.ca I am on my phone right now.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 07:17:46 PM »

TORONTO ? The Canadian Football League (CFL) announced the 2018 East and West Division All-Stars on Wednesday. The Ottawa REDBLACKS lead the way with 11 All-Stars and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and BC Lions lead the West Division with seven each.

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/11/07/star-power-2018-cfl-divisional-stars-announced/
Slimy Sculpin

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 07:25:23 PM »

Serious question....How does Loffler make the western all-star team? I sort of thought that except for a couple of occasions, he was MIA this year (last year, too).
the paw

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 07:35:59 PM »

I am not sure why Masoli gets the nod over Trevor Harris.  Harris has incrementally better stats, but a better winning percentage. 

Also it is kind of shocking that Walker and Jordan make the all-star team with 10 and 11 games played.  they are both great talents, but its clear durability isn't a criteria. 

Bombers o-line has the solid rep, feel like Hardrick got snubbed a little.  If they specified LT and RT, I am sure he would have been in. 

grab grass 'n growl
GCn18

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 07:38:50 PM »

Totally ag
I am not sure why Masoli gets the nod over Trevor Harris.  Harris has incrementally better stats, but a better winning percentage. 

Also it is kind of shocking that Walker and Jordan make the all-star team with 10 and 11 games played.  they are both great talents, but its clear durability isn't a criteria. 

Bombers o-line has the solid rep, feel like Hardrick got snubbed a little.  If they specified LT and RT, I am sure he would have been in. 

Totally agree on Hardrick. Somewhere a WIL got ripped off, JSK imo, because of two MLBers being selected as well.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
gobombersgo

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 07:40:36 PM »

CFL   @CFL
Here are your 2018 #CFL West Division All-Stars on Offence and Defence.

trapper

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 07:42:49 PM »

Interesting.  It seems odd to lead the division with 7 all-stars yet finish in 4th place.

Also why only 2 LBs?  I thought there would be 3.... cause I would have Samuel Eguavoen in on that.... definitely ahead of Foster....
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 08:05:27 PM »

Interesting.  It seems odd to lead the division with 7 all-stars yet finish in 4th place.

Not really. Every Blue Bomber selected had excellent individual campaigns. That's what being selected as an all-star is all about. There's no correlation to where a team places (the Bombers finished 3rd, BTW).
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 08:12:35 PM by blue_gold_84 » Logged

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
trapper

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 08:11:51 PM »

Not really. Every Blue Bomber selected had excellent individual campaigns. That's what being selected as an all-star is all about. There's no correlation to where a team places.

The Bombers make sense to me. I was talking about the BC Lions. Generally a 4th place .500 team doesn't lead (or tie for lead) in allstar selections....especially when 4 are on defense when they were not very good at all with only Edmonton in the same ballpark discussion when it comes to worse defense in the division.  Only Montreal and Toronto gave up more points.

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 08:13:16 PM »

Oh my that Oline looks good!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue_gold_84

Fort Hew

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 08:16:44 PM »

The Bombers make sense to me. I was talking about the BC Lions. Generally a 4th place .500 team doesn't lead (or tie for lead) in allstar selections....especially when 4 are on defense when they were not very good at all with only Edmonton in the same ballpark discussion when it comes to worse defense in the division.  Only Montreal and Toronto gave up more points.

Well, your math is still wrong. Cheesy

The Lions didn't lead with seven all-stars; there are five. And again: all-star nods are based on individual performance, not the team's overall performance or its final record.

Points allowed is hardly the only metric to consider, anyway.

#forthew

#risetogether

You can't fix stupid.
Leroy

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2018, 08:25:31 PM »

Saskatchewan Roughriders on Twitter: "RT to congratulate @sackatchawen on his All-Star nod!🌟 ■ #CFL Sack Leader ■ 35 DT ■ 1 FR for a 57-yard TD This is Hughes? seventh West Division all-star selection after being previously honoured in 2010, 2012-13 and 2015-17. #RiderPride https://t.co/HI53NmuL61" / Twitter
https://mobile.twitter.com/sskroughriders/status/1060280555974082560

Hope he has a DD when he goes to celebrate.
the paw

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2018, 08:33:48 PM »

The Lions didn't lead with seven all-stars; there are five. And again: all-star nods are based on individual performance, not the team's overall performance or its final record.

BC had 7 if you include the 2 on special teams.   

grab grass 'n growl
Colton

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2018, 08:35:41 PM »

BC has seven selections (Burnham, Coleman, Foster, Orange, Lee, Long, Rainey)
trapper

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2018, 08:46:16 PM »

Math is just fine.  I will reiterate my point, with so many individual honours, one would expect a separate outcome.   Simply, at the beginning of the season someone would have said a team would lead in allstar nods one would expect that team to do well.

Looking back several years...the leader in all star nods was 1st or 2nd.  Not sure how far back you'd have to go to find a 4th place team with the lead...

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: