Blue Bombers Forum
November 17, 2018, 07:21:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bombers Odds  (Read 743 times)
Mick

« on: November 07, 2018, 02:14:59 PM »

For what it's worth, just interesting to see that Vegas gave SK the spread, but computer and consensus picks are for the Bombers.

https://www.oddsshark.com/cfl/winnipeg-saskatchewan-odds-november-11-2018-1069873
GCn18

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 02:27:00 PM »

It's not surprising at all. They create the odds to induce betting.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 02:43:39 PM »

Well we haven't beat the Riders in a playoff game since 1965 and the Riders beat us and Calgary twice....and they are at home with and we are headed into hostile territory.    Sask fans have a hate on for the Bombers like no other team in the CFL.....so yeah I can see Vegas going with the Riders.   I still like our chances though!   

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
theaardvark

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 04:46:38 PM »

Well we haven't beat the Riders in a playoff game since 1965 and the Riders beat us and Calgary twice....and they are at home with and we are headed into hostile territory.    Sask fans have a hate on for the Bombers like no other team in the CFL.....so yeah I can see Vegas going with the Riders.   I still like our chances though!  

And the only significant statistic in all that is that the last time we faced SSK, with the current rosters and coaches, we whupped them 31-0 and could have been even worse...  We played LaFrance and Streveler for a significant portion of the game...

So, yeah, I like our chances...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Knocker42

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 05:05:28 PM »

I like our chances too and think we will win so long as we avoid turnovers.
However, it will not be as easy as the 31 - 0 blowout when we got some early breaks and they were coming off a short week.

We have the better offence by a fair bit.
They may have a slightly stronger defence but only by a hair.
Their special teams are very good, better than ours in returns, and possibly better in coverage (although we are also good there) ,while we have the edge in kicking.

The scary thing is that it is playoff football and in cold weather, defences often dictate the outcome, but I feel we are better overall on balance.
If we can silence the crowd early and get to Collaros, we could run away with it.
Avoid bad breaks and turnovers and we win.
TBURGESS

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 05:34:31 PM »

I like our chances too, but not because we beat them 31-0 last time out. They were on a short week. We were up 10-0 before we even had a first down and up 17-0 after 1 first down. You could say that the Riders gave that game away in the first quarter.  Wink That game was a blip, not something we should hang our hopes on.

We have a better offense. They have a better defense. To stop the inevitable stats fight, suffice it to say that their offense doesn't give their defense as many rests or as much room for error as ours give us. They count on their defense not only to stop the other team, but to score too.

Our defense, the one from the last 6 weeks, should be more than able to stop their poor offense.

Their return game is a bit of an equalizer. It's their best weapon against us. Shut it down, and we force their offense to score on a longer field, which I don't think they are capable of.

This game, like the other 3 against them, will be decided on turnovers. Win that one stat, and we should get the win.

Being right never gets old.
bluebeard

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 05:47:47 PM »

The weather will be a major factor for this game.  Saw a photo of Mosaic this morning and the snow has been cleared but the field looked slippery.  Cold... -20 with light winds gusting.  Your are right, Turn overs will probably decide this game.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 08:08:11 PM »

And the only significant statistic in all that is that the last time we faced SSK, with the current rosters and coaches, we whupped them 31-0 and could have been even worse...  We played LaFrance and Streveler for a significant portion of the game...

So, yeah, I like our chances...
Stats are significant as far as Vegas is concerned....the last game we played them will not be however and the Bombers need to look past that game and focus on this one....as Biggie said we need to go 1-0, 1-0 and 1-0!   If anything that beating we gave them will work more in favour of the Riders than us.   Vengeance is a strong motivator and for us to overcome it and the Rider fans won't be a walk in the park.....however I still like our chances!

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
theaardvark

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 09:18:28 PM »

Stats are significant as far as Vegas is concerned....the last game we played them will not be however and the Bombers need to look past that game and focus on this one....as Biggie said we need to go 1-0, 1-0 and 1-0!   If anything that beating we gave them will work more in favour of the Riders than us.   Vengeance is a strong motivator and for us to overcome it and the Rider fans won't be a walk in the park.....however I still like our chances!

The stats I was referring to were the 1965, or any other stats prior to the current rosters of these teams (2, maybe 3 years)

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
dd

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 11:00:54 PM »

During the season, we gave them a game, and they gave us a game. This games going to be close....and the team that makes the least amount of mistakes, wins.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 12:09:34 AM »

We can take advantage with bad weather as our OL, RB and QB are better.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 04:25:35 AM »

We can take advantage with bad weather as our OL, RB and QB are better.

But they will be definitely keying on it. Gotta win the trench battle.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
DM83

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 04:58:38 AM »

Some. People have. Blind faith.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2018, 11:23:28 AM »

Win the turnover battle...win the game...IMO it's that easy, whichever team secures the ball better wins, period!
Either team could win this one.
Tehedra

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2018, 01:41:19 PM »

I believe whomever wins this game also goes to the grey cup. In honesty I think this Sunday game will be the most entertaining game of the year.
The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 02:11:06 PM »

Well we haven't beat the Riders in a playoff game since 1965 and the Riders beat us and Calgary twice....and they are at home with and we are headed into hostile territory.    Sask fans have a hate on for the Bombers like no other team in the CFL.....so yeah I can see Vegas going with the Riders.   I still like our chances though!   

It's hard to win a playoff game in Saskatchewan when they go 18 years without even hosting one. Cheesy
trapper

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 02:17:57 PM »

Sask fans have a hate on for the Bombers like no other team in the CFL.....   

I disagree.  Although it's coming back, I bet if you did a poll you would find most find Calgary as the biggest rivalry to Saskatchewan and the hate is reserved for them...lots because they are so good and people like to hate the great teams.  That said, I have found the rivalry with Winnipeg growing over the past couple years...but the move to the East division kinda hit that rivalry in the guts.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: